Update Foundable Fragment Counts

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 11 May, 2020, 06:26 pm.

Coming Soon:

We are updating the Foundable Fragment counts to standardized amounts based on threat level. Lower-threat Traces have increased Fragment counts and higher-threat Traces have decreased Fragment counts.

These will be live in the next few days - I will update here when it live for everyone!

Here are the new Fragment counts for Foundables in Registry Pages:

Tagged:

Comments

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #306 May, 2020, 02:29 am.

Thanks @hpwulola So it will adapt the pages with the numers we already have & that means some will be ready for placing now the fragment count is lowered?

Therefore if we were waiting on a couple of quidditch Harry for example to prestige- then he will now be ready for placing and over the required fragment count once we update & can then prestige the page.

And do the extra we then had go on the next page up if it wasnt yet gold? Or do we lose them & start the new page afresh?

I'm easily confused! Lol- never really on the planet at best of times so at min theres no chance! 😂

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #406 May, 2020, 02:30 am.

what about excessive fragments if any? placing to higher prestige?

• RexHav0cRexHav0c Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #606 May, 2020, 02:56 am.

My advice to everyone is to screenshot every single Registry page in case of some problem.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    #706 May, 2020, 07:12 am.

Leave it alone, please. Some families are harder, some pages wait for events. Leave it as it is. I agree with the above comments. I play every night with my Professor partner and enjoy HPWU very much.

The adjustments due to isolation were thoughtful and useful.

Standardization is for statisticians. Leave it lumpy, uneven, just like it is now. I do not want a conga line- step, step, step, prestige. I like setting new goals depending on what's out there, and the ongoing events.

• Zdenek19Zdenek19 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #806 May, 2020, 08:02 am.

Delete the game.. It will be a better idea than this.

I've been playing since the game was released and this is a death sentence for WU.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #906 May, 2020, 08:37 am.

Just a thought folks, we might not need to worry.... "Coming Soon" means all sorts of time frames for HPWU.

New lessons "coming soon"... Almost a year and still waiting.

Adventure sync "coming soon"... A few months.

Knight Bus "coming soon"... A few days.

Knight Bus roll out to other levels "coming soon"... A few hours.

It might be a few years before this update.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #1006 May, 2020, 08:43 am.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the hand, I'm happy but on the other hand I feel that all the effort I've put into this game was a waste.

Also I don't how these changes could impact in our registry and I fear that lowered fragments mean lowered spawn.

If it's impossibile to find certain foundables so far (eg. Dumbledore), I would prefer increase spawn rate and and not reduce fragment and reduce spawn.

Finally, what about a compensation for truncated lost fragments? (e.g. I have 40/49 Buckbeak, 21/21 Hagrid, 18/49 Firenze, 49/49 Grawp)

Thanks

#1106 May, 2020, 08:52 am.

So its most likely there will be prestige page change? all the gold prestige down their level or it would be the other away around.

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #1306 May, 2020, 02:21 pm.

I too am also opposed to this change, i have spent a lot of time, energy and money getting to where i am...

It was hard work getting to 12 Gold Pages, and 7 silver pages and its taken me nearly 11 months to do this.....thats a lot of dark detectors used, as well as many many miles walked using keys ......I am definitely not opposed to change, but this feels like all that hard work was for nothing

#1406 May, 2020, 03:20 pm.

Would posters on this topic please post their current level? I am 1/2 way through level 53, and our comments should be taken seriously by the developers.

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #1506 May, 2020, 03:48 pm.

@xxxlindy i've nearly completed level 49

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1606 May, 2020, 05:11 pm.

Level 44

I guess this is what happens when the product owner runs out of ideas and wants to milk the audience for all they can get

It is worth reminding the software house there are other games available and it’s not cool to disenfranchise a loyal following

How about focussing on developing the game and not dumbing it down?

#1706 May, 2020, 07:24 pm.

@xxxlindy I am level 54. I am about 75% of the way to 55.

#1806 May, 2020, 07:49 pm.

From the WU Discord:

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6 #1906 May, 2020, 07:51 pm.

Not sure about this and have Sirius questions about what the reset will do to the "extra" fragment count once pages are re-set. I would rather see that count applied to new pages. Leave existing page counts alone. Or maybe allow page to be reset after the next page prestige. This feels very heavy handed and I fear it could set the game back and less enjoyable to play.

@RexHav0c Welcome to the forum. You seem to have chosen an apt name. As a level 54 player, you have put a great deal of time and effort into the game. 2 Stars here shows you are still very new to this community. This forum should be a safe place to respectful interaction and sharing ideas, opinions, and game tips among other things related to Wizards Unite.

As it can be difficult to read a forum post an know intent and is quite easy to read something into a post that was not meant or intended I'd like to ask if you are intended to yell at @Magpie31 in your comment? Starting "with all due respect" is usually a key indicator of anything except respect then following up with all cap yelling. Seems very aggressive and unnecessary.

edited May 6 #2006 May, 2020, 08:40 pm.

@Owlx I did not know that there was a way to bold text on this forum as it is not a very intuitive process. I'll be happy to use bold and edit it if I can.

Of course I mean no disrespect, I was simply attempting to emphasize words since I saw no obvious way to do so with the font.

<edit> I seems the 1 hour edit timer is preventing me from making any changes at this point.

<edit 2> The bold on this forum is barely noticeable. Can you even tell that I used it on the word bold above? Let's try italics.

<edit 3> Also seems barely noticeable.

#2106 May, 2020, 08:53 pm.

Got in game Update news. That's fast 😅

#2206 May, 2020, 10:25 pm.

Additional information:

• croHamstercroHamster Posts: 2
    edited May 6 #2306 May, 2020, 10:59 pm.

Excellent idea. I'm tickling it through my head for some time and wanted to suggest something like that because it makes no sense that rare foundables have the largest number to be found on a page.

As a computer programmer with experience on maintaining databases I know how the update must be done very carefully. It is possible to make an exact calculation from the current number of found fragments on each page including already prestiged pages. After that each page can be filled and if all fragmet on it are found it should automatically be prestiged, and the next page should be filled with the remaining fragments. If the page can't be prestiged the remaining fragments should be discarded. <strong>This would be the most fair scenario</strong>, but off course it would be good to make some simulations to compare the number of prestiged pages.

#2406 May, 2020, 11:54 pm.

@RexHav0c thank you for your clarification. That's why I asked instead of assuming. Giving benefit of doubt is most helpful when intent and nonverbal cues are absent.

The Bold is sadly not noticeable. Italics are only by little more. I wish we color change the font. Or highlight text. And yes editing your own text is limited to an hour.

Mostly player feedback about the pending update is negative or apprehensive at best.

Appearing to shout can (even if it was unintentionally) spark a lot of heated debates here. 😉 emojis are helpful.

Again welcome to the forum.

The posts and links from the WU discord were helpful. There are many players here for whom this is their only source of WU news.

Happy Pottering-

Be healthy, be well, and be safe.

#2506 May, 2020, 11:56 pm.

You may want to stop the neverending pile of photo enhancements. Since you took the photo from the center of the page, all that stuff is invisible anyway. Put the development team into fixing the glitches, like phantom foes in the fortress. The ones who show up but are unavailable. And being ejected from fortress battles.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    #2607 May, 2020, 12:07 am.

Thank you for all this feedback and for sharing these tips and Fazes answers from Discord! We will have more information to share about the next game update soon.

#2707 May, 2020, 01:40 am.
    #2807 May, 2020, 03:54 am.

So you change the rules DURING AN EVENT??? While RARE items are available? Are you actively trying to lose players?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7 #2907 May, 2020, 05:15 am.

fonzie just jumped the shark in hpwu

words are not enough to convey how utterly stupid and callous this proposed re-set is.

@xxxlindy - yes, they do indeed seem to be actively trying to lose players. this is one way to unite wizards and witches ... in opposition to stupidity and mismanagement. welcome to elbonia (dilbert reference).

Post edited by kiheikid on
  • kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3007 May, 2020, 05:56 am.
  • wizardjayceewizardjaycee Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #3107 May, 2020, 07:47 am.

There seems to be a lot of hostility towards this change. From what I can see Niantic are trying to mitigate issues arising from this change in that they are trying to avoid players losing what they have already gained.

The only part of the change I am unsure of is will the player on a non prestiged page end up better off than the player who prestiged recently. E.g. I have 14/15 Harry Potters. The new requirement is only 10. Another player has already obtained all 15 Harry Potters and has prestiged the page and is now 0/36. As I understand it, after the update I will have 14/10 Harry Potters. When I prestige the page I will then have 4/36. However the other player, having already prestiged will possibly still only be on 0/36.

Is this how it will work or will the other player be credited with the foundable captured previously and move to 5/36?

Whilst I am generally happy with the change, (I am almost lv47 for disclosure purposes and have been playing since almost day 1), I can understand some of the concerns about the changes. Those that have invested a lot of time and money into the game may well feel cheated if newer players suddenly find themselves with lots of gold pages after the change when the older player gets nothing because they have already maxed out their pages.

I think some of these changes are needed, the roll over of foundables caught is certainly welcome. It is nice to know I get credit for foundables caught after I have placed their image in the registry (unless already gold). I am less certain about the wholesale change to the number of foundables needed to place an image, I can see the need for some balancing but it may be that what has been announced goes too far.

However for me I do not think the changes will significantly affect my enjoyment of the game, though I have only invested about $40 into the game, I can understand players that have invested hundreds or even thousands into the game may feel a lot of their investment has been wasted and Niantic need to be aware of these players concerns Niantic needs them more than it needs me and my lousy $40.