Specialisations: Botanist, Animagus, Oracle, ...
- This is a brainstorming. The following suggestion is neither true nor final. It is an opinion.
- Constructive Feedback - positive and negative - is appreciated.
- None of these specialisations should give "power". They should have their own space and not share/overlap with the bonuses granted by LESSONS, PROFESSION-Choice or ACCOUNT-Level. Instead, they should give utility.
- None of these specialisations should remove the "necessity" to spend gold, simply to avoid a collapse of the game economy and the revenue-model of the game.
- These specialisations shouldn't be mutually exclussive. To compensate, they should require a certain amount of time to acquire.
- Shouldn't be "too easy" to acquire. Maybe a 1000g purchase upfront?
- Animagus. Grants the ability to turn into an animal. The animal form disables the ability to cast spells but grants other bonuses. Based on the "Transfiguration"-Class in Hogwarts. (see here for reference)
- Botanist. Has vast knowledge and skill in planting seeds, treating and harvesing plants. Based on the "Herbology"-Class in Hogwarts.
- Brewer. Has supreme skill and knowledge in crafting potions. Gains slightly better results in brewing "common" potions and is capable of brewing other, more rare potions. Based on the "Potions"-Class in Hogwarts. (See here for inspiration)
- Carebear. Enables the active choice of a familiar to befriend, care for and interact with. Based on the "Care of Magical Creatures"-Class in Hogwarts.
- Collector. Has vast knowledge in the acquisition of non-plantable potion ingredients. May also find and restore "magic artifacts" for future use.
- Oracle. Has limited "sight" into future events, can see on the map which Trace would grant which Fragment as well as whether it has "other" side-effects (see Poacher). Based on the "Divination"-Class in Hogwarts.
- Charmer. ~no idea yet~. Based on the "Charms"-Class in Hogwarts. See Filius Flitwick for inspiration.
- Runescribe. Enables adding certain affixes to Runestones for more customisation of the Fortress-Experience. Based on the "Ancient Runes"-Class in Hogwarts.
- Dark Artist. ~no idea yet that wouldn't overlap with Profession-Choices~. Based on "Defence against the Dark Arts"-Class in Hogwarts.
- ..... ~add your ideas here~ .....
How to Aquire
- It would require a certain amount of overall experience. Maybe Account-L30?
- It should require a certain "barrier of entry", maybe a 1000g purchase from the vault - a "Registration fee for the Ministry"?
- It should require a quest-chain connected to the specialisation - and should require about 1 month of time to finish.