Dark Chamber Trolls?

G1MM3450CKG1MM3450CK Posts: 14 ✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 22 May, 2020, 12:15 pm.

Is it just me or are there people who spent their time trolling others by hopping in and out of lobbie's, going into the chamber with everyone only to leave us hanging so we'd fail.

This is getting pretty anoying as we lose energy/runes/time and a **** at challange xp and i was wondering if it just looks like it or if there are those who really troll others that way? As if those Restart errors and lags arin't bad enough.

Also i was wondering if there is some way to do something about it?

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #203 May, 2020, 09:54 pm.

I had that happen last night in a D5, there were 5 of us and with three seconds countdown and 3 people just hopped out last minute. It was painful, for other reasons as well. Also, a reminder that the KB is still getting established and I am guessing that there will be some proper rules put in place, that just takes a little time. (I'll remind you of the start button for forts that took them several months to unbug).

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 May, 2020, 02:51 am.

I advise not hitting join until the last second. I have a group that like to fortress in D5. We try to jump in while empty, but sometimes loading times or pure chance mean we get someone unexpected. We hop out and then hop in to try and get the five of us together. To someone who doesn't know what we are doing, it could look like trolling.

Private chambers would stop this, of course.

(75 words)

• G1MM3450CKG1MM3450CK Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #404 May, 2020, 05:11 am.

Private chambers would indeed solve that. And i've been holding back on my start button but it just sucks that people ( other than a pre set group ) would gain access to DC5 just to troll people who finaly have a way to max out their skill tree before next lesson would hit or powering their alt tree. Maybe a cooldown penalty would help for if you left 3 chambers in a row. The chance of you leaving 3 chambers in row because others left you hanging is fairly slim so that penalty wouldn't affect dedicated players all to much but it still doesn't help with lobby trolls 🤔

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #604 May, 2020, 05:31 am.

yes, there are such trolls

i am making a list

personally, i am of the opinion that the community at large would benefit from sharing of such information, though i understand there are others here determined to protect from shaming those who have no shame

#704 May, 2020, 05:47 am.

@Grumkin that is true and when people leave for that reason i'm not mad. We need 2 things in a team. 1 being a good mix and 2 is people who have some battle etiquette as Aurors should give focus to magi's or prof's now and than ( i tend to do so if i can ). But the shame is that alot of magi's don't heal at all, most of them don't even ress their teammates and this also makes people leave mid fight.

@kiheikid that list would be of help and i was thinking the same thing but what would also help is to make a battle etiquette guide that would be linked in the ingame news feed so everyone can find it no probs. It still would be up to the indiviual to click and read the link but it would be a start. I just hope WU won't end up like LoL where they can AND will hackle eachother by reporting them for wining reasons.

#1004 May, 2020, 07:36 am.

Marking people as trolls is to early as of now. But once the bugs are worked out a list would be a nice add only if Niantic is unable to come up with a solution. Also this list would have to state that if there is a new bug going around we wouldn't jump to conclusions to fast and also that it is always possible to have a lag or disco etc...

So the best type of troll list would be one that only adds a name if that name keeps being reported. There is a name change ingame so that would be a way around it unless the site acts like this site does, changing names when the player changes his/her name ingame.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1204 May, 2020, 07:50 am.

Very curious, @kiheikid

This is off topic, to be honest, but curious about what you do for a living.

I only ask because I am a data junkie. You say you're making a list and my first thought was spreadsheets. Hehe

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #1304 May, 2020, 08:16 am.

@G1MM3450CK

As magizoo not healing or ress. Magizoo is resistricted for 5 focus to keep the +40 power.

Once i have a group battle that need many heal even one got KO, leaves me no focus to spare thus fighting foe with -40 power. Hows that for damage reduction unless using extimulo potion to compensate or inviguration.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1404 May, 2020, 08:43 am.

@Kodokmag - Aurora should be passing focus to Professors before doing anything else then as focus grows, should pass to MZ too

#1504 May, 2020, 09:00 am.

@OriginalCaruso

Agree, if everyone do their job properly every battle would be smooth sailing.

For mix match player its just like hoping for unicorn in nature and niffler (for me). LoL

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #1604 May, 2020, 09:12 am.

I have access to D1 and D2, but I don't feel confident enough to play there for now.

However, there was another kind of troll I met in a lower chamber (Tower-4-5 or one of the Forest chambers). The person didn't seem to use the Protego spell at all. It was only the three of us and after coming back to the chamber after a battle I saw that they are low on Stamina. I gave them some with my 2 Focus spell, but sth weird happened - the second after I gave it to them it fell back to the previous state. I thought it's a visual bug and went on fighting the next foe. After I came back I saw the same player was KO. I revived them only to see how they go into the next fight and start losing stamina at an abnormal rate. I fought the third foe and upon returning the very same player was KO again. Revived them again and waited to see what happened. An lo and behold, he fought and got knocked out in a matter of couple of shots. At this point we had only one foe left so I just let them KO and fought it instead. This was by far my most frustrating experience in the Knight Bus.

I don't have other explanation but the person being a troll. You can't get that high in the chambers without learning what the protego spell does. I'll be happy if someone gives another plausible explanation.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1704 May, 2020, 09:23 am.

Perhaps someone switched to a secondary profession for some reason (like switching to professor for the recent poacher) and forgot to switch back? So has high chamber access but low stats and was taking massive hits?

(36 words)

#1804 May, 2020, 09:34 am.

@Kodokmag true constant healing others is not a magi-zoöloog's prime concern but i mean if they just hoard focus even when aurors are giving over theirs a ress would be nice sometimes. It costs 1 focus and a big heal 2. I'm not saying magi's should heal first fight later but if you're in a team with 2 magi and the elite buff is put up already some back up would be nice in between. Same goose for aurors who should pass down some focus to both magis and profs and not only debuffing their own enemies or profs not using their hex's.

Personaly people who stay at low hp at the beginning of a fight is another topic i was wondering what all you're thoughts we're about.

as far as i know there isn't a reward penalty for fainting and leaving it to the rest is anoying on it's own.

#1904 May, 2020, 09:42 am.

Well, looks like for the time being, back to solo mode become the safest choice.

#2004 May, 2020, 10:00 am.

Looks like it.

Best of luck to you all btw

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2104 May, 2020, 10:47 am.

@Kodokmag @G1MM3450CK why not join Discord - if you use the same usernames, we will invite you to a channel where you will find like minded individuals

Trolls need not apply

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #2306 May, 2020, 09:48 pm.

The comments above made me to delete the major part of my comment and rephrase the rest.

Trolls or misbehaving program code, I can't be sure, but today I lost x3 high level runestones, 20+ potions, an lot of time, and left the chambers defeated due to these trolls/bugs. I am a nice person, I did not smell intention for the first two times. The third one was kind of obvious. They were jumping in an out the lobby, then the timer reached 0, for a second it was five of us in the Dark Chamber V, then just two of us.

Shout out to SabinaB Auror, we tried the impossible but couldn't finish the last two enemies off in time, despite the Potents, Wits, Invigorations, Hexes and Charms.

Some above say it might be some unpolished code. But why was it working so far? As a totally solo player (said many times, never seen a fortress or inn or greenhouse flashing in my area) I had no chance to fight Dark III, IV, V alone. Always failed. Since the Knight Bus came, I had some good moments. Until today. Today was like being bullied again.

And the upcoming special day is about even higher level challenges? With the trolling people or trolling program code in place? I am very concerned about that day right now.

And now I'm gonna need to spend 5 days to refill the potions inventory, having those forced tonic brewing tasks... Just great. :(

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #2408 May, 2020, 04:54 am.

As a prof I try and make sure there are at least one Magi and Aur in the group before I join. There always seems to be more than enough Profs. In game I try and Charm the Magi first with defense so we don’t lose him/her. Then defense charm the Aur’s. If my other profs have taken care of the proficiency charm I hex whatever elites and 4/5 stars come up. For some reason I find the other players start throwing focus at me once there’s nothing left for me to charm or hex. I’d really appreciate it earlier if it can be spared - since I pass it out immediately.

• GrumkinGrumkin Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #2509 May, 2020, 06:17 am.

@SUPRMUM I think it’s players being too eager to leap into battle without thinking strategically first. They then end up with a surplus of focus after a battle or two that they aren’t quite sure what to do with.

Sadly, I think too many players don’t quite understand the game mechanics and can’t be bothered to read up on it.

• AllycatCovenAllycatCoven Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2616 May, 2020, 01:05 am.

A search brought me here and I think there has to be a bug but I can't be sure and now I read here that maybe the other players are just quitting? O.O Did I misunderstand that? (hopes so)

I can't get a team to 'stick' in a dark chamber when I take the knight bus. I end up solo, like it or not, after my first battle.

Other chambers seem okay so far but of course I was using my best runestones in the higher level chambers... :( The first two times I thought it was a fluke but it's happened all five of my last five tries to complete dark chamber two. So I came here to see if it was reported as a bug but my search only found this discussion and this report that seemed like it might fit https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/6070/investigating-players-seeing-wizarding-challenge-error-and-getting-disconnected-from-fortress/p1 and the report has been closed.

Each time it's been a full team and I'll watch as the other players engage with an opponent before I pick my target (I'm an auror so I also share focus with everyone first, I read somewhere it's good to do that and it annoys me when I pick a target that has already been picked)

but as soon as I've knocked out my target and go back to get another one (plus maybe share focus again and/or do that bat bogey hex on some targets already engaged)... I find myself alone in the chamber! :( The last time it happened I just quit as soon as I realized I was all by myself again.

I did the best I could but I kept getting my arse handed to me and I've blown a ton of potions!

• AcentrellaAcentrella Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2716 May, 2020, 03:03 pm.

While I see players jumping in and out of the lobby at all levels, the only time I see players drop out of an active battle and leave me hanging is in the Dark chambers. It has happened 4/5 attempts with Dark V. I did manage to finish the community day but lost two rune stones in the process as I had to leave when a battle started leaving either two of us or just me out of five starting players when everyone else fled. I would have an easier time believing it was a bug if it happened in other chambers, but I only encounter the en masse abandonment in Dark and especially D5. I enjoy the opportunity to battle with mixed teams as I don’t know enough local players to battle with more than three of us, but as a level 15 professor, I have resigned myself to lower chambers unless it’s an event task because I can’t afford to lose that many potions for nothing.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2817 May, 2020, 12:11 am.
    1. Are there any chambers past the Dark V chamber? None have appeared yet.
    2. Haven’t had issue being abandoned in any Dark Chamber but noticed more players (probably low level ones) just ‘hanging out’ waiting to collect at the end.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    #2917 May, 2020, 08:37 am.

@Warpeye Dark V is currently the highest chamber level. There’s nothing after it yet. Hopefully there will be some more chambers and lessons added to the game soon.

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #3017 May, 2020, 03:43 pm.

@ElisaWilson the thought I have is that person is low on energy so they are not using their protego spell. That being said, you shouldn’t enter a chamber without enough energy. I m a prof and I know it makes a big difference for me if I am given focus at the beginning so I can use the protection charm on the whole team. I find it disappointing when other professors only use their focus to cast hex charms for themselves.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3117 May, 2020, 03:55 pm.

@OmaLaurie the protego spell doesn't cost energy to use.