May Event Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
edited May 21 in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 May, 2020, 11:59 am.

Excitement is building as we near the finals of the traditional Hogwarts Inter-house Quidditch Cup! With everyone abuzz about Quidditch, the Calamity appears to be answering in kind by manifesting Quidditch-related Foundables and memories of matches past. Which Hogwarts house do you support? The daring Gryffindors? The slippery Slytherins? The sharp Ravenclaws? The determined Hufflepuffs? Whichever team you’re rooting for, you’ll need to dust off your broom and help keep the Quidditch Cup out of the Calamity’s grasp!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, these events have been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This month, keep an eye out for the following:

All day Saturday, May 2 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time: March Make Up Community Day

• Team up with the twins Fred and George Weasley to help return Room of Requirement V Foundables.
  • Please Note: This event has been extended to last a full 24 hours to make it easier for players to participate.

Tuesday, May 5 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, May 12 at 11 a.m. PT: The Quidditch Cup Brilliant Event Part 1

• Help return Brilliant Quidditch Cup Foundables including Chaser and Quidditch captain Angelina Johnson and the notedly-nimble Nimbus 2000.

All day Saturday, May 16 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time: May Community Day

• Challenge yourself to take on Wizarding Challenges of even higher levels for equally high-level rewards.
  • Please Note: This event has been extended to last a full 24 hours to make it easier for players to participate.

Tuesday, May 19 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, May 26 at 11 a.m. PT: The Quidditch Cup Brilliant Event Part 2

• Continue to help return Brilliant Quidditch Cup Foundables including ever-enthusiastic Quidditch Fan Luna Lovegood and famously perilous Bludgers.

Friday, May 29 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, June 1 at 11 a.m. PT: Wizarding Weekend

• Soar to new heights with a Quidditch-packed weekend where you can expect to catch sight of the Chudley Cannons Player, Quidditch World Cup, and other Quidditch-related Foundables.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #201 May, 2020, 07:13 pm.
    #301 May, 2020, 07:14 pm.

Looks like fun. Yay Quidditch. It is the only sport worth following 😊

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    #401 May, 2020, 07:19 pm.

@hpwulola sounds like an awesome month of events! 😃

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited May 1 #501 May, 2020, 07:29 pm.

I hope the wizarding challenge community day not into super highest chamber level. 😱😱😱

Preparing more extimulo and inviguration. 😭

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #604 May, 2020, 06:01 pm.

Currencies. That is the heading for spell books and scrolls. Currencies are meant to be traded for valued goods, such as lessons.

Are we waiting for the anniversary of HPWU to "graduate" into our next year classes?

We are well past the time when those who started last June were able to complete the classes offered.

So, as the lads from Monty Python would say "Get on with it!"

• Shogun79Shogun79 Posts: 3
    #704 May, 2020, 06:53 pm.

@hpwulola @HPWUFazes you wrote that the events will be supporting staying at home, same time there are portkeys to open. Even if it's only 1,5km, there are places where you are not allowed to leave the house. How are people supposed to open Portmanteus when you can't go out?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
    #904 May, 2020, 08:04 pm.

Thanks for the great tip @MtPollux! This is true, you can walk in place or within your home to open up Portkeys. @Shogun79 Hopefully you can do this, thank you for this feedback!

#1004 May, 2020, 10:27 pm.

@hpwulola and what if people are not able to do it?

be stuck with the unopend portkeys and can't finish the sticker book...

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5 #1105 May, 2020, 02:47 am.

@Shogun79 I think both @MtPollux and @hpwulola already addressed this pretty clearly that people CAN do this from home. Turning on AdventureSync and walking in place or walking around your house with your phone in your pocket will open portkeys relatively easily. Perhaps I’m not understanding your question. Can you please clarify?

Also, the 5 portkeys do not need to be opened during the brilliant event. They just need to be picked up during the event. They can still be opened after it’s over for you to collect the fragments inside.

#1205 May, 2020, 08:54 pm.

@MrSciGuy if you already have 10 portkeys from the last brilliant event and didn't manage to open until now, then it will be quite hard to pick up new once, since you can't also not delete portkeys. There was also a community event and and other event where you couldn't pick up those.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1307 May, 2020, 06:36 pm.

i know of folks in nyc who live in apartments with small square footage. if the portkey portmanteaus operate on gps location differential rather than on “steps”, it is not going to matter how many times back and forth within a small area that a player walks because that cumulative distance will have been traveled all within essentially the same gps location. and no, some of those folks don’t have long hallways or balconies or building roofs outside their apartment unit whete they are free to walk, even if it were safe for them to do so.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 102 ✭✭
    #1407 May, 2020, 07:02 pm.

@kiheikid It works when you keep the app closed and use adventure sync.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1510 May, 2020, 03:06 am.

Exactly as @Lycindelle said. @kiheikid AdventureSync is not dependent upon GPS at all, no matter how small of a radius to travel you have. Keep the app closed, screen off, phone in your hand/pocket, and just walk around. Walk in circles. Walk in place if you’d like. Heck you can even just move your arms like you’re walking, with your phone in your hand, and it thinks you’re walking. So yes, with AdventureSync anyone can open up their portkeys, even cooped up in their homes.

edited May 10 #1610 May, 2020, 08:39 am.

got news for ya, @Lycindelle and @MrSciGuy ... it doesn’t always work like that.

i have adventuresync on, had my phone on but app off, while i walked multiple kms today inside costco ... and after all that, zero progress on the portkey portmanteau that started at 0.7km before i went to costco and was still at 0.7km after i returned home.

then again, with my phone docked in it charging station and not having been moved the whole time, that same portmanteau when i went to bed was at 0.3km last night and was at 0.5km this morning when i woke up, so it somehow gained 0.2km without moving.

my point is, adventuresync does not work 100% and there are folks out there for whom walking off portmanteaus as an event requirement is a genuine hardship, especially under quarantine/lockdown requirements.

@hpwulola - please pass this feedback in this thread’s posts #13 and #16 along to Niantic / HPWU. thanks.

• MaeOfTheDeadMaeOfTheDead Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1713 May, 2020, 11:48 pm.

I have AdventureSync on &, even connected to WiFi which helps pinpoint location, I can still open up AT LEAST one portmanteau a day while never leaving my teeny tiny house, & working from home at a desk in my living room. I can have my app open & watch my little avatar moving when I’m not so if your AdventureSync doesn’t work, it sounds more like a phone issue than a game one.

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #1914 May, 2020, 01:12 pm.

ooooh not got that one yet @ZookiTabooki - ive managed to catch Marcus Flint and Madam Hooch 😊

#2014 May, 2020, 02:30 pm.

@kiheikid it is so annoying when adventure sync is out of sync. My adventure sync gets out of sync kinda of regularly so I have sought out lots of adventure sync troubleshooting on the forum. Links below might be helpful. The 1st one is newish. Hoping it these will help you.

Also of note to players on the android 10 operating system- it's adaptive learning can be rather aggressive. Adaptive learning will put phones into one of various battery saver modes. That action allow google fit to be put to sleep. If google goes to bed and the player doesn't = no adventure sync. So in that case it's more my phone than the game. Now that I am better at the settings on my phone I can open a 1.5 portkey in the house with regular daily activity in 1 or 2 days. I changed my portkey strategy, 1st I used a lot of silver keys unlocked every portkey portmanteau I had inventory. Now I keep 5 slots open and open one at a time with gold key, when all 5 are unlocked i open with BBE. Maxs my XP and allows space for portkeys when events are close together and I'm house bound.

As Always,

Be healthy, be well, be safe and Happy Pottering

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2114 May, 2020, 02:42 pm.

I didn’t even notice give the new page of awesome foundables! I am so excited. Hopefully I will see one of the new ones today!! Woohoo!!

#2214 May, 2020, 04:33 pm.

@Owlx - thanks; i just double-checked all relevant settings and they are as listed in your links, so adventuresync is not always working properly with my portkey portmanteaus

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2315 May, 2020, 11:55 am.

Im loving the new content too!! Awesome!! And ive not come across any at all yet so im excited to see those-

Yes....i will squeal & squeak when i see a new animation....and no.....as always...it won't matter if im in public at 2m from people doing my squeals and happy dance and saying oooooo!! That's soooo cool!! 😂

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2415 May, 2020, 11:59 am.

Also my adventure synch sometimes glitches on my android, so annoying when ive done 2 laps of the park! But as the saying goes...have u tried turning it off & on again 😂....always works for me. I just unsych the game, then close, open & synch it again- it gives the synched notification & works again for a good while. Its happened a few times but off & on again has always worked lol 😊