Players who don't fight

IsyflyIsyfly Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 30 in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 28 May, 2020, 06:28 am.

hi! Have you ever been in a wizarding challenge with some players who would never fight? I just got one and I will jeep on reporting them because it's not fair!

Comments

• Danger64Danger64 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #315 May, 2020, 05:36 pm.

I have experienced this numerous times.

• FinnestraFinnestra Posts: 2
    #417 May, 2020, 06:36 am.

Yes but in a large group it’s less annoying. I was in a fortress with one other player who didn’t do anything and I still beat it, but just barely! I recommend playing with 4 or 5 players or solo.

• YourGhostHostYourGhostHost Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #521 May, 2020, 06:03 pm.

This has happened to me too. It's almost like they didn't want to use up their spell energy, but still get the rewards.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    #723 May, 2020, 02:29 am.

I have this issue in low level ruins chambers but it's me, not the other player. It takes a long time for the chamber to load and ends up with the other player doing say 3/4.

I prefer to solo for this reason but it gets frustrating joining a chamber that appears to be empty. By the time I the rune selection page comes up it's already 1 minute 10 seconds later. I spend so much time waiting.

On that note why do people not hit join as soon as it comes up in ruins? The rewards for extra players is negligible and a waste of time.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #823 May, 2020, 09:54 am.

@WerewolfChaser thats happened to me too very often while lurking in ruins-tower.

by the time finished loading others have half way defeating their foe, also almost each time pick a foe always got an error of its already fighting or even server encounter error.

is it connection?

is it my device?

🤔

• Star377Star377 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 26 #926 May, 2020, 11:19 pm.

This has happened to me, and I have noticed that same person not playing .

there has been a few times where I have played with this same person in the group and I have never seen them play.

and another annoying thing is that people don’t push the join button but Will wait for the timer to run down there is a full house of people in there waiting to play and there is one person waits for the timer to run out so annoying.

I too like to play solo because of this, but I will join in with others, if willing to play.

If I end up in a room with someone who won’t play I will leave the room.

#1027 May, 2020, 01:57 am.

@Kodokmag It's not phone related. I've recently changed phones. I have the same issues on both phones.

It happens on both mobile data and my FTTP home fibre network so is also not network related.

#1127 May, 2020, 09:07 am.

@WerewolfChaser

so its server related then?

it still okay on low-mid chambers. but its dangerous in high chamber with time to mind

#1227 May, 2020, 05:16 pm.

@Kodokmag I gaze at my crystal ball before selecting a chamber. If it's a lower level I pray for an empty chamber. High level chambers, well, good luck with that.

I was quite shocked when I ran a timer from the time of selecting a chamber to the runestone selection page and discovered that it was 1 min 10 seconds for all chambers.

I am getting quite irritated in low level chambers finding people waiting and not hitting join. I've spent long enough just to enter. Please don't make me a hostage for anything up to 2 minutes. Total time waiting is up to 3 mins 10 seconds for a fight that when done solo is completed in less than 20 seconds.

#1327 May, 2020, 08:34 pm.

@WerewolfChaser lengthy delay makes a few player could bump at the same chamber even it looks empty when selecting it.

and some player have some kind of "select and forget" chamber attitude. LoL

but i think players usually wait for the chamber to full, or full type profession. not that really matters on low level chambers (ruin-towers)

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1428 May, 2020, 12:32 am.

@WerewolfChaser We are usually beaconing for friends in those cases. I will hop out and find an empty room where I can, but every time I jump, I have selection lag and my friends can't jump in and out trying to find me. So I will hop in a quiet fortress, but sometimes, I just have to apologise to the phone and wait a little while.

#1528 May, 2020, 12:59 am.

@Magpie31 I totally understand that point. I have been wondering the last few days whether you actually need to enter the chamber for the friend beacon to show? Perhaps it shows while in the runestone selection screen? Would be great if the devs would make it easier to meet up.

The long wait times are really doing my head in!

My dad got out of hospital to be readmitted 2 days later. He's really not in a good way but home now. But now my mum is in hospital. It's all taking it's toll on me!!!

On a bright note when we were out yesterday taking the dogs for a walk I planted some toadstools in our nearest greenhouse. I only plant toadstools but the other half thought that it was a toadstool only greenhouse because I always announce that I've planted toadstools.

He was looking at the ground and commented that the game had it spot on. There was a spawn of toadstools on the ground. Someone had watered them too, I counted 8 toadstools.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1628 May, 2020, 06:28 am.

@WerewolfChaser Unfortunately, no. You don't count as being in the chamber until you are actually in the lobby. This is how we get around the lag time to jump into a Dark 5 without interlopers. 4 go to runestone selection and 1 without lag waits for it to empty, then shouts JUMP.