Talent-Overview in Fortress-Lobby

LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 09 July, 2020, 06:55 am.

People are often uncertain who in their party is good at what, who has which strategic spell maxed out, etc. Making this visible in an easy way would improve coordination in the Fight itself.

The Feature:

• In the Fortress-Lobby (where you can join, leave, change your runestone, etc), if you tap on the Icon and/or Name of another Player, you are shown a popup.
  • If that popup isn't interacted with for 5 seconds, it is closed again.
  • If the player taps anywhere but that popup, it closes again.
  • If that popup is swiped left and/or right, it shows the details corresponding to the previous and/or following team-member (respectively)

The Popup itself shows:

• Name of the Player
  • Profession and Profession-Level of the currently active Profession of that Player
  • Their Strategic Spells AND how many Lessons of that Spell the Player has aquired
  • Their initial and maximum Focus

The 3rd and 4th part could look like this:

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #227 April, 2020, 03:06 pm.

(if that Detail-View is implemented, it yould also be shown during the Challence itself)

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #327 April, 2020, 03:12 pm.

I really like this idea @Lucoire. A simple, clean way to see everyone’s strengths before you commit to start.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    #427 April, 2020, 03:41 pm.

Warmly endorsed. I put forward a similar feeling elsewhere: but not as detailed.

Addendum: even if the detail screen just shows the profession-level more generally (1,2 or 3 stars. Or in colour green, orange, red) that would be sufficient to figure how maxed they are for charms and hexes.

Being able to see focus: seconded. Very important.

Being able to see the same screen in the fortress chamber: seconded.

Thank you for writing it out so clearly!

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 81 ✭✭
    #527 April, 2020, 05:38 pm.

WOW! @Lucoire you are so on top of this. I was just thinking about this as well. Nice presentation!

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 59 ✭✭
    #628 April, 2020, 02:21 am.

like the suggestion. definitely helps in planning

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #728 April, 2020, 09:28 am.

Or in battle lobby, those little boxes for charm and hexes. Its very helpfull if there's little icon in it represents what kind of charm/hexes and a maxed charm/hexes have a gold line running around its box, just to differentiate.

...just a thought....

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #828 April, 2020, 01:50 pm.

I agree this information would be most helpful!! I know many of us would use this info for good. However, many others would discriminate based on it, and could make it harder for some to group play if they were deemed not good enough. Food for thought.

• HidrazonaHidrazona Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    #929 April, 2020, 01:55 pm.

Small icons at the lobby for quick viewing, and during chambers the possibility of clicking/choosing someone to show those mini icons again

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1028 June, 2020, 09:41 pm.

A simpler solution: Instead of sending people to a random Fortress instance, send them to one where all players are approximately the same level in their current profession. That will eliminate a lot of the current problems, especially if combined with a way to invite a friend to the Fortress you're in.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1128 June, 2020, 11:15 pm.

@Morganza My suggestion is a solution to a different problem but thanks nontheless for your feedback.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1205 July, 2020, 09:30 pm.

I do like @Lucoire's suggestion to show each player's advancement in each skill.

• NavikNavik Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #1309 July, 2020, 06:55 am.

I like this suggestion as well. My concern is, do you have enough time to check up on your teammates as the timer is counting down?