POLL: What is most important to you?

CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 06 July, 2019, 12:02 am.

What issue (of the following) do you see as significant and needs to be addressed? If you select "OTHER", please state what that "other" is in comments.

POLL: What is most important to you? 49 votes

Spell Energy Imbalance
28%
MieyahHypnoTravelerpatronusloner3CraeftHerMayreeNitzanHarelMiranaRavenclawCrogabattoirPandauraSpringThreeEchoesEchoMeyguhsShellyRenCronk907 14 votes
Impossible Achievements (multi-country)
4%
Puppy13fmoo 2 votes
Map Spin
8%
LagomorphaPrimeAstraea75SteelCityGirlRanda724 4 votes
Inventory Limitations
6%
AyaSunhyeAAltairKhaluaDuskryn 3 votes
Potion Usage (only used per encounter)
10%
H4rdC4ndyMoCMyrtleDoomedJupiterProf24Llorathan 5 votes
Profile Image Unviewable By Friends
10%
unaspenserElricMohnkenatorMajorlyMintyCharmfang 5 votes
Lack of Inns
12%
mi7adBzimbziambziomThievslyBroomRyderRhaynnetquiggs 6 votes
Profession Balance (Expense, Tree Tiers, etc)
6%
FunkyGaarothMiptalanDirtyjoe619 3 votes
Dependency on Microtransactions
14%
Gillyweed67ShruggieMorgana4WerewolfChaserCaeleonBeckstheqnSkoegul 7 votes

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 #204 July, 2019, 10:09 pm.
    Spell Energy Imbalance

I forgot to add "Other". So if you have an "Other", just post without voting.

(EDiT: And it won't let me edit the poll, itself)

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #305 July, 2019, 01:32 am.

Other: nothing. I trust the game developers to have a better overall view of what is working. I am enjoying playing immensely and can't wait to see how the mystery unfolds.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #405 July, 2019, 01:35 am.
    Spell Energy Imbalance

@Osprey1 - I totally understand your position, but it's honestly up to players to give feedback and make the game better for the community. This has been the case for all games. But I have a ton of experience beta testing games so I might be looking at it from a different angle. hehe

• DoomedJupiterDoomedJupiter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #505 July, 2019, 02:45 am.

Spell energy - I've never had an issue but I live near several inns so I cant really speak to how the game plays in a more rural environment without many inns. Personally I like games that are a bit more challenging and that require you to work towards the achievements and tasks. Maybe a middle ground solution could be to regenerate spell energy (ex. 5/hr) for those that have less than a certain number of inns within a specified distance around their current location (ex. 5 inns within 1 mile). For example, if you have less than 5 inns within 1 mile of your current location, you'll start auto regenerating spell energy at 5/hr. As soon as your location has >5 inns within 1 mile1 of your location, you'll stop auto generating spell energy. These numbers are notional and the actual thresholds should be whatever makes sense and is balanced.

Potions - These should last across encounters, the limit could be something like: Lasts the next 5 spell casts or 1 hour, whichever is shorter.

Profile image - Should be viewable by friends, I expect this change to happen, seems odd if not.

Inventory limits - I don't have any issues with the current limits, you just have to manage them by making potions or tossing stuff you have a ton of. It would be nice to be able to 'sell' these in diagon alley for some gold so players at least get something out of it. Another thing I'd like to see is the ability for players to trade items, which would be another way to manage and benefit from the extra items you have. 

• SteelCityGirlSteelCityGirl Posts: 1
    #605 July, 2019, 03:03 am.
    Map Spin

Getting the same unfoundables over and over is the same issue that drive me from playing Pokemon Go and I haven't looked back. I'm enjoying the game but when I see others getting things I haven't even seen yet it really bothers me. I know there are more out there. Has to be a better way for them to spawn.

• LagomorphaPrimeLagomorphaPrime Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #705 July, 2019, 04:34 am.
    Map Spin

The map spin drives me insane so is my #1 choice to fix. It would be great if clicking on the compass were to take you back to the direction your phone is facing (the reset that currently happens automatically), and if you manually spin your orientation in the game to face another direction, that it would stay that way. Seems like it might be a pretty easy fix, without costing Niantic revenue, just a bit of dev time.

I find spell energy balance is not that bad where I am. If I do too much fighting without visiting inns (e.g stay in a fortress too long), sure, I can run out. I've been playing every day since June 22 and have only actually run out of spell energy once, so for me NBD. But I understand that lack of inns would be an issue for rural players, or anywhere with few Ingress portals.

Potions being usable over multiple encounters would be nice, but I haven't run out of potions yet, plenty ingredients where I am, as well as potions granted as rewards and I can brew enough. I am pretty judicious with potions, only using them when I really need them.

It would be great if one could choose to share profile image and achievements page with friends, like one can share achievements in Ingress if one wants to -- and with Ingress it is a matter of share with the world or not at all. In HPWU it would be fine to share with just friends, as long as we can add all the friends we want to.

The severe shortage of restricted spell books is super annoying, especially for Professor as we need so many. What's with all the regular spell books, why do we get so many of them?

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 80 ✭✭
    #805 July, 2019, 05:21 am.

other: a way to replay the dialog

other: standardized animation times

other: swap the ingredient count from Stock/Needed to Needed/Stock

#905 July, 2019, 05:38 am.
    Map Spin

Oh I just learned that turning off Map Camera Idle in settings makes the map spin thing better. Not perfect as it still sometimes spins even with that turned off, but mostly it works as I described -- stays the direction you move it to, and goes back to actual orientation when you click on the compass.

I think more interaction with other players would be next on my wish list to make the game far better: knowing when friends or other wizards are nearby (perhaps anonymous if not on your friends list), being able to chat in-game, sharing profile images and achievements with friends etc. So far I have never even played with other players in a fortress, even though there clearly are players around; being able to signal to other players in the vicinity that you would like to play together would be great.

• Prof24Prof24 Posts: 1
    #1005 July, 2019, 07:50 am.

Other: we definitely deserve a feature like Adventure Sync in Pokemon Go.

#1105 July, 2019, 08:27 am.
    Map Spin

Further to my last comment, some of my other wishes would be the equivalent of the Ingress intel map (maybe a large world-size Marauders Map!), and being able to share items with other wizards (i.e. drop/pick up items).

• SkoegulSkoegul Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1205 July, 2019, 11:57 am.
    Dependency on Microtransactions

Spell Energy Imbalance - This literally comes down to the lack of Inns in my area. My village has two Greenhouses and that's it. Though having that cap on how much Spell Energy you can have (as compared to basically being able to have near unlimited Pokéballs in PoGo) and how quickly that Energy is used up only to leave you with that pesky BUY NOW!! window.... Well. This needs work.

Inventory Limitations - Just saying.... I hate it. Too many different storages and they all pester you to upgrade them with your hard earned money. Don't get me wrong, I expanded my Pokémon storage and inventory in PoGo, but I never felt pressured to do so. Here, it took me less than two days to hit my storage limit and the pushy-ness of this game trying to make me spend money on it makes me very adamant to rather maintain my items very strictly.

Lack of Inns - As said, we have two Greenhouses in our village. This game is picking up where Pokémon Go Drive has left me and my roomy for years: Dependent on driving around in hopes to find Raids/Inns/Fortresses. There are several potential POIs in our village that could be submitted to them (a playground, our May Tree, two memorials, a cute, old well...) buuut..... Thanks to the lack of of such POIs already in existence, we're still stuck at lvl 38 and roughly 7 milliom EXP away from lvl 40 despite playing the game daily for three years now. Fun. (I still feel that this should be less depending on your lvl, but also consider a player's activity/loyalty to the game, but who am I to make suggestions.)

Amyway. I feel that this game isn't well suited to simply adopt the Ingress/PoGo infrastructure. It doesn't work out too well with there being Inns, Greenhouses and Fortresses spread out over those points. Unless you live in a big city with an already dense concentration of Ingress Portals/Pokéstops/Gyms, this game gets pretty much unplayable unless you want to drive everywhere AGAIN, which is already very disencouraging and annoying in PoGo.

Dependency on Microtransactions - And here we have my personal vote, because.... Heck. Where should I even.... I mean, yes. We have all encountered the pushy behavior of apps in trying to push us to spend money, but after their success with PoGo you think Niantic knows better. Having their little BUY NOW!! pop-ups rubbed in my face all the time is very off-putting and much rather makes me want to never spend a single cent on this game. And I have spent good money on Go, as mentioned before. Because I never felt that I HAD to. Niantic can do better than they're doing here, they have proven it. That they now seem to have taken to heart one of those 'Let's go Whaling' workshops is beyond sad. No cookie for you, Niantic.

• LunaELongbottomLunaELongbottom Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1305 July, 2019, 11:50 pm.

Other: using a step counter (as i’ve heard Pokémon Go does) to track distance for portkeys. It’s taken me one week to open a portkey when my phone/smart watch shows i’ve walked over 10 miles). I’ve seen this same issue posted by other players in Wizards Unite Facebook groups.

• LlorathanLlorathan Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1406 July, 2019, 12:02 am.

For me the biggest is potions. They should last over encounters or challenges. so much is needed to brew a potion and so much to make it plus the amount of time. You lose a potion after one spell which makes no sense.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭
    #1508 October, 2019, 11:08 am.

lack of inns in rural areas is biggest problem for me

i live 3+ miles from the nearest inns (there are 2 of them a block apart), and they are higher up the mountain in a **** mall that services a wide area. the nearest greenhouses are 2 churches that each are about 5 miles away (in different directions)

we have to drive 10 minutes into the village for spell energy and the cell service there sucks, so oftentimes we instead drive to the larger town 15 miles away and about a 30 minute drive if we can justify the trip because of errands

we see places in town that have clusters of 3 or 4 inns within a few hundred yards, and know that the game developers don’t give a [hoot] about the rural areas

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭
    #1608 October, 2019, 11:09 am.

lack of inns in rural areas is biggest problem for me

i live 3+ miles from the nearest inns (there are 2 of them a block apart), and they are higher up the mountain in a **** mall that services a wide area. the nearest greenhouses are 2 churches that each are about 5 miles away (in different directions)

we have to drive 10 minutes into the village for spell energy and the cell service there sucks, so oftentimes we instead drive to the larger town 15 miles away and about a 30 minute drive if we can justify the trip because of errands

we see places in town that have clusters of 3 or 4 inns within a few hundred yards, and know that the game developers don’t give a [hoot] about the rural areas