[Rescheduled] March Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
edited April 25 in Announcements #1 latest comment 04 May, 2020, 03:44 pm.

March Community Day has been rescheduled and will now take place all day on Saturday, May 2 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This March Makeup Community Day: Play At Home Edition you can look forward to the following:

• A Special Assignment with rewards including Spellbooks, Potion Ingredients and Gold
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Room of Requirement V Page, including Fred and George Weasley
  • Tonic for Trace Detection Potions will increase the chance of encountering Fred and George Weasley Traces
  • All Exstimulo Potions will grant two extra spell casts on top of their standard effects
  • Brew times for Exstimulo Potions will be reduced by 75% and will have Master Notes effectiveness increased from 15% to 50%
  • Special Community Day 1 km Portmanteaus with guaranteed fragment drops of the Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet Foundable

Two event announcements in one day! How exciting 😀

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 April, 2020, 10:46 pm.

@hpwulola Awesome! Very glad that the March community day could be rescheduled! Thank you for sharing the details! 😃

I just have two slight causes for concern with both this community day and the Niffler event being back-to-back and also the introduction of the Knight Bus (which is amazing of course!).

The main concern being Spell Energy (SE). I am grateful for the @HPWUTeam introducing the ground SE and increasing the SE from gifts, however even with these, it’s getting increasingly difficult to keep energy at a decent level. Especially with the Knight bus now added into the mix, SE gets low very, very quickly. The back-to-back events also have a big impact on this as many players are likely to drain the energy in the first event and find they don’t have enough for the second. It is great to have some SE given in the complementary gifts, but honestly, it isn’t enough. The tasks for both events require the use of the tonic for trace detection and it usually costs between 50-80 SE (from my experience) if all resulting confoundables are engaged with. As a solution it would be great if during this time as long as the lockdown lasts, first the ground energy spawns are increased and also the spell energy in the complementary gifts are doubled. Doubling the energy from the event bundles would also be a great help for those who can use coins. This is of course just one suggestion regarding SE, I’m sure others can think of alternatives or additional suggestions.

The other concern is the lack of relevant potion ingredients on the map, with the introduction of the Knight bus, it’s a general lack of all potion ingredients apart from TTD, particularly if you can’t got out. However, focusing on the coming two events events, it’s mainly the lack of dawdle and extimulo ingredients. With the March community day allowing reduced brewing times for the extimulo potions, it won’t be as productive if players don’t have the ingredients to utilise this aspect of the event. It would be helpful if these ingredients are increased on the map, possibly in general, if not that then hopefully at least a significant increase during both events.

These are just some additions which I think would make the experience even better. I hope this feedback can be passed on. I’m sure other players can add their own feedback too, including whether they agree or not.

I always look forward to all the great events and I applaud the @HPWUTeam for everything that has already been done to make playing HPWU easier during this tough time (The Knight Bus is awesome!). I think the entire @HPWUTeam is amazing regardless of what happens, so thank you for all the great work! 😊

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #326 April, 2020, 03:20 am.

does anyone know how many fragments of Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet are required on the Bronze-prestiged registry page ? 

i am trying to gameplan how many keys and portkey slots to allocate between the Nifflers & Nature event (with 1km portkeys giving Occamy/Thunderbird fragments) and the make-up March Community Day event (with 1km portkeys giving Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet fragments)

by the way, 24 fragments of Occamy and 14 fragments of Thunderbird are required on the Bronze-prestiged registry page, according to the wizardsunitehub.info foundables guide (which was written before, and not updated to include, the Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet)

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #427 April, 2020, 12:30 pm.

Never been so busy. LoL

Everything become not enough. Especially when target on silver or gold prestige.

Well.... To me at least.

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #527 April, 2020, 01:30 pm.

@kiheikid you will need 12 Dumbledore's Army Signup Sheets on the Bronze page

#627 April, 2020, 05:07 pm.

thank you @Emyferret !

• HackWeightHackWeight Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #729 April, 2020, 06:36 pm.

Thank you! It would also be nice if you make Extimulo potion ingredients appear more frequently on the map as well. They're already scarce since the trace potion ingredients got increased, and having all the bonuses for brewing the potions but not having the ingredients would be sad. :)

#830 April, 2020, 10:04 pm.
    #901 May, 2020, 03:34 pm.

Anyway, not 2 days event?

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #1001 May, 2020, 04:34 pm.

@Kodokmag 🙀2 days? Community Day os normally 3 hours!

It's pretty easy, I'm 2.5 hours in and almost completed. I won't claim anything until tonight to maximise my fragments.

#1101 May, 2020, 04:43 pm.

@WerewolfChaser after my experience with event nature and niffler which not getting pass basic prestige, i dont really hope much about this event. Just want the brew potent extimulo as much as i could. And one day event cant get many potent potion isnt it even if there would be much brewing reduction.

edited May 1 #1201 May, 2020, 06:10 pm.

Consider yourselves warned. If you're like me and hoarding 1km portmanteau the event portmanteau are blue, identical to what I have hoarded.... 😅

I've officially finished the Community Day quests.

• StrongArmStrongArm Posts: 3
    #1301 May, 2020, 07:01 pm.

Looking forward to it.

Could really use some more ingredients from friends.

5958 7261 9432 to send some much needed ingredient gifts.

Many thanks

StrongArm

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    #1401 May, 2020, 07:06 pm.

@WerewolfChaser Glad you are enjoying it!!

Mine starts in 12 hours!

PS: The May Event calendar is posted! Quidditch themed, woohoo!

#1502 May, 2020, 12:41 am.

Anyone has reach silver?

Want to know how many fragment requirememt

#1602 May, 2020, 02:03 am.

really hope for better access to exstimulo ingredients on the map, especially snowdrop

otherwise, will need to pay 18 gold coins per potent exstimulo for missing snowdrop

• Siska27Siska27 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1702 May, 2020, 02:40 am.

It’s been almost half a day and I have not seen a single portkey. 😞

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #1802 May, 2020, 11:24 am.

@Siska27 i just 5 portkey blue preciluar in my house.

@Kodokmag this prestige get looonger time, i give you screenshot when i edited this post.

edited May 2 #1902 May, 2020, 11:34 am.

Yeah, to me portkey also rate to be seen. obtain 10 portkey after wandering further for my morning walk. Usualy there are lumps of portkey here and there but this event portkey is very scarce.

Encouragement to get the fragment from challenge maybe? I got few from knight bus this morning.

And not complaining about spawns but it seems the most rare (high difficulty) become more abundant than the common one (low).

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2002 May, 2020, 03:00 pm.

Hi @hpwulola. I was hoping you could pass along our concern of the lack of exstimulo ingredients on the map. I have yet to see a single snowdrop show up, and I’ve only seen one re’em blood and one bitterroot.

Thankfully I had some stocked up before it started, but I’ve blown through them rather quickly brewing potents and have zero snowdrop left.

I love the event so far! The faster brewing time is extremely helpful (just need the ingredients to do it), and the boosted Room of Requirement V page is awesome! Thanks so much!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    edited May 2 #2102 May, 2020, 05:51 pm.

Thank you for the feedback about Portkeys and Snowdrop, will pass along!

• NavyRaven27NavyRaven27 Posts: 1
    #2202 May, 2020, 09:48 pm.

When I am in the Portkey location, it gets stuck on the astrolabe at the entrance. I can't move around the screen. This was disappointing as I dropped a Barfullo's and could not get the full 5 wrackspurts, only the 2 that appeared. Please lee me know what to do. Gyroscope is on, and I restarted my phone and the app.

#2302 May, 2020, 10:47 pm.

yup, just burning through 18 gold coins for every potent brewing, because of lack of snowdrop on the ground ... one might say, practically non-existent

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    #2403 May, 2020, 01:49 am.

Does anyone know any tips on getting the Dumbledore’s Army Sign Up Sheet from fortresses? Which chamber or Runestone level is most like to reward it? I prestiged to Bronze and placed all four of the kids pretty quickly and then spent several hours trying to open portkeys and fighting fortress battles to get the 12 required on the Bronze page so I can take advantage of the many Fred, George, Parvati, and Angelina traces I keep seeing. I tried a bunch of combinations of Runestone and chamber but got only a few fragments and they were not the one I need. I am at 9/12 and still working on portkeys but it’s very slow.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2503 May, 2020, 02:32 am.

@CeruleanGirl The fabulous @Bormacska posted this in the Game Research thread (search it - it's amazing). Looks like Forest IV is your best bet with a 40% chance.

(27 words)

#2603 May, 2020, 02:37 am.

@Magpie31 Thanks so much! I’ll give that a try.

#2703 May, 2020, 03:49 am.

I give up! I hoped to get the last few fragments in the fortress, but I’ve used a whole bunch of Runestones and energy and I believe I’ve gotten one or two all day. I’ll have to go out and walk off a few of these portkeys so I can prestige this page before the event ends. Hopefully everyone else is home for the night!

• CanadaEh08CanadaEh08 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2803 May, 2020, 03:56 am.

Well that was a great event! I managed to get from Bronze to gold. I have 8 signup sheets left and I have 8 peculiar portmanteaus that I will walk. So in 8 kms I will be done! I have to say that I am really fortunate to have huge amounts of spawns, ingredients (except always low on snowdrops!)!and even lots of portmanteaus in my house. (And two big Rottweilers who love to go for walks!). :). Plus it was a beautiful sunny day for those walks!!!

Hope everyone else had fun!

#2903 May, 2020, 02:51 pm.

@CanadaEh08 oh my god! That's too many trace for easy find Room Reqruiment V and grats to gold prestige. Anyway this one map is awesome too!

#3004 May, 2020, 01:03 pm.

@Kodokmag silver looks like this

@Siska27 Double check your portmanteau. You may have no room for any.

#3104 May, 2020, 01:05 pm.

@Kodokmag hey since of you want prestige silver, the next gold is very hard...