Nature and Nifflers Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 810 admin
edited April 29 in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 02 May, 2020, 10:35 am.

Keep your eyes peeled for signs of a new Oddity-like combat encounter, the Poacher! This dastardly villain is targeting Magizoology Foundables and your help is needed to save our furry friends.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

From April 28 at 11:00 a.m. – April 30 at 11:00 a.m. PT keep an eye out for the following:

• A new Oddity-like combat encounter, the Poacher, will appear on the Map. Defeating the Poacher will reveal Magizoology Traces including Nifflers, Mooncalves, Billywigs, Young Graphorns, Baby Nifflers, Occamy Eggs, Unicorns and Newt Scamander.
  • Successfully returning a Trace revealed by the Poacher will result in additional rewards such as a rare Potion Ingredient, Tonic for Trace Detection, Gold, or a Silver Key.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will increase the chance of encountering the Poacher as well as Newt Scamander.
  • Special 1 km Portmanteaus will appear on the Map containing Thunderbird or Occamy Fragments.
  • A Special Assignment with rewards including Spellbooks, Silver Keys and Gold.
  • The Poacher is exclusive to this event so there is not a Foundable for him in the registry. Every time you defeat him, you will be rewarded with a Doxy fragment and a Magizoology trace that appears on the Map.
Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 810 admin
    #324 April, 2020, 06:21 pm.

@Plan9 HAHA I love that scene!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #424 April, 2020, 08:54 pm.

@hpwulola Awesome! Thanks for sharing the details!😃

@Plan9 great scene! 😃😂

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #525 April, 2020, 04:37 pm.

I’m itching to see if the poacher is Tony.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #625 April, 2020, 04:38 pm.

Or perhaps it is Mundungus Fletcher. Wouldn’t put it past him.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #725 April, 2020, 06:26 pm.

does anyone know how many fragments of Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet are required on the Bronze-prestiged registry page ?

i am trying to gameplan how many keys and portkey slots to allocate between the Nifflers & Nature event (with 1km portkeys giving Occamy/Thunderbird fragments) and the make-up March Community Day event (with 1km portkeys giving Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet fragments)

by the way, 24 fragments of Occamy and 14 fragments of Thunderbird are required on the Bronze-prestiged registry page, according to the wizardsunitehub.info foundables guide (which was written before, and not updated to include, the Dumbledore’s Army Signup Sheet)

#825 April, 2020, 06:42 pm.

by the way, it sounds like the same 1km portkey portmanteau will give either an Occamy fragment or a Thunderbird fragment, up to random chance ... that is not as good as the way Hagrid’s Hut and Abraxan Winged Horse fragments were each given their own color-specific portkey portmanteau in previous event

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    #925 April, 2020, 07:07 pm.

That gif is legend @Plan9

And whoopwhoop! Loving it, share @kiheikid 's feedback. I would appreciate some clarity on the portkeys, but also feel that the mechanic as described is great.

#1027 April, 2020, 08:02 pm.

Yes I believe the Portkeys are the same color, but great feedback! We will remember this for next time.

Also, just a reminder about the scheduling for the event. In our initial April Events post, we did share that this event would be locally scheduled. Now, it will start at 11AM PT on Tuesday, April 28th! Right when the Brilliant Event ends.

Last time, we got a lot of feedback with the Marauders event being local time and the overlapping differently with the Brilliant Event for people in different timezones. Therefore, we made this Nature and Nifflers event scheduled to California time similar to the Brilliant event. The event is 48 hours and will end Thursday, April 30th at 11AM PT!

#1127 April, 2020, 08:03 pm.

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the info 😊

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1227 April, 2020, 08:34 pm.

Thanks for the time adjustment @hpwulola!

#1428 April, 2020, 10:54 am.
    #1528 April, 2020, 10:54 am.
    #1628 April, 2020, 10:57 am.

so, the poacher is technically not a foundable with fragments that are placed on a registry page but you combat it like any other oddity. wonder who came up with that waste of spell energy idea ?

#1728 April, 2020, 11:56 am.

Because defeating it gives you extra rewards and traces @kiheikid . :) it's a new mechanic I'm excited to try out. 😊

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited April 28 #1828 April, 2020, 12:13 pm.

Battle and traces for one fragment?

Still trying to empty my portkey vault. This dumb-naughty thumb always wrong picked portkey instead of spell energy.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1928 April, 2020, 12:45 pm.

See, I am not totally convinced by the spending x amount of spell energy to defeat the poacher, to then also spend spell energy returning the foundable afterwards. Seems like a lot of spell energy to spend on what may well only return a baby niffler or mooncalf.

I'll give it a go, but think I would rather spend that energy in a fortress for my red books.

(78 words)

#2028 April, 2020, 12:49 pm.

All this could totally be solved if they gave us more spell energy on the map! 😉

(A girl can dream, right?)

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2128 April, 2020, 12:53 pm.

With you on that, @Punkyfins

(5 words)

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2228 April, 2020, 12:58 pm.

I for one am looking forward to trying out this new mechanic.

Since we don't entirely know how it's going to work, my suggestion would be to wait a few hours and see how it actually works before we get too worked up about the anticipated issues.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited April 28 #2328 April, 2020, 01:28 pm.

hoping I'm not scrambling to finish this one like last community day. there's already super limited spell energy on the map and I'd rather not spend a ton more gold to replace it again. might have to sit this one out until/unless I can accumulate more before it's over!

side note, why oh why did I open a 10 km portkey with my gold key with so few silver🤦🏼‍♀️

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2428 April, 2020, 04:03 pm.

I really wish spell energy was on the ground more like it used to be when it first started appearing on the ground.

#2528 April, 2020, 05:57 pm.

Event is starting in under 5 minutes!! 🎉

#2628 April, 2020, 06:02 pm.

Doxy fragment! Duuuuuude! 👏🙌💜🙏

#2728 April, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Defeating the Poacher also rescues a Doxy fragment! 😀

#2828 April, 2020, 07:00 pm.

@hpwulola Cool! Thanks for confirming 😃

I just wrote a comment with my experience of using a TTD and with pictures showing the Doxy fragments returned but it went into moderation. Hopefully it’ll be back soon.

#2928 April, 2020, 07:12 pm.

@Punkyfins Yep, I just saw that too.

@hpwulola Is the poacher supposed to be returned as a Doxy fragment? I was initially confused when I saw the 99/100 number on the first poacher until it was returned and then realised it was counting Doxy fragments (I had one left on the silver page)

Also, this poacher first then a Magizoologist confoundable mechanic of the event, has made the whole event extremely spell energy intensive. It cost between 120-150 SE having a go at returning everything while using a trace tonic. And we need to use at least three to complete the assigned tasks.

Also, I didn’t realise wormwood was classed as a rare ingredient as the Magizoologist foundables were returning lots of those. Lots.

I did enjoy getting the coins, however I feel they may end up being used for buying SE when the next TTDs are used. I did get some of the rare portkey only in ingredients, but not many; and also key or two. I was surprised to also receive 10SE upon returning one Magizoologist foundable, which was nice.

Also regarding the higher foundables, I saw one Occamy eggs and one Unicorn confoundable, but I didn’t come across Newt at all. Not from the TTD and also not yet from returning a poacher. Hopefully he’ll make an appearance soon at some point.

Due to the event being very SE intensive, I’m going to have to take a break to stock up on SE and get it over 120ish before popping another TTD.

Until then, it’ll be great to read other people’s experiences.

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #3028 April, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Question for Aurors and Magizoologists with maxed power - what damage (normal hit, not critical) are you doing to Poacher?

Professors are doing 198/300 without TTD and 210/300 with TTD. Anyway need 2 normal hits.

Thanks

edited April 28 #3128 April, 2020, 07:24 pm.

yup, @Imaginatio , i had similar experience with you just finishing up TTD 1/3 ... extremely SE intensive (each poacher takes me 2 spells to defeat, but at least i have been getting doxy fragments ... 33 in half hour !!). 2 unicorns but no newts. 3 adult nifflers. and NO special portkey portmanteaus, zip, zilch, nada. i used up the 50 SE from free gift pack and had to tap some SE giftboxes (big MAHALO to my friends sending giftboxes, especially SE giftboxes)

——

edit: tried posting a screenshot of the poacher but it went into moderation-heck ... poacher kinda looks like Neil Patrick Harris !!