New to group Fortressing?

OwlxOwlx Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 5 in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 06 July, 2020, 04:10 pm.

Yeah the Knight bus is here.

New to group Fortressing ?

Want to improve team play?

Here's a good break down

I'll be back and post other links or good wutube videos

Post edited by HPWUblue on

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 April, 2020, 02:05 am.
  • GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #324 April, 2020, 01:06 pm.

I love the knight bus!!!! Finally got to do a team fortress and finished a special

assignment that has been sitting for months!!! Thank you!

edited April 24 #424 April, 2020, 02:07 pm.

@HPWUblue could you move this to knight bus?

I plan to post several tutorial links for group fortressing.

hope other Veteran SOS group players will continue to add good tips, infographics and tutorials

Which leads me into can we get new SOS assignments to teach group fortress? I will elaborate more in a different thread.

edited April 24 #524 April, 2020, 02:12 pm.

See @Imaginatio post with more current focus updated September 2019

and @Imaginatio thanks for having my back!!!!💪

tried to delete image but could not

Post edited by Owlx on
    edited April 24 #624 April, 2020, 02:14 pm.

if you want to be in a group in the Hogwart's fortress please read this

I will also post link for each profession.

The over is good and you should read up on all 3 professions at you need to understand how group strategic spell work

ie if there are not a lot of elite foes bravery is not needed save focus for heals

and professors proficiency spell boost the entire teams power to there prefered foes! It take 7 focus professors start with 4 and will need 3 focus from an Auror.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24 #724 April, 2020, 02:16 pm.

@Owlx thanks for sharing the graphic, however is there an updated version of it? I’m not sure about everything on there, but the focus required for strategic spells is currently incorrect for certain charms/hexes.

I can’t say for sure on all professions, but for Magizoologists, the Stamina charm costs 2 focus and the Revive charm costs 1 focus.

#824 April, 2020, 02:22 pm.

@Imaginatio Great catch!!!!! Thank you. Good information on Magi. I will look and post updated information

Professors focus is correct. Auror seems correct but I don't play Auror much.

edited April 24 #924 April, 2020, 02:24 pm.

This seems to have correct Focus for Magi

Quick Summary

Mending Charm

• Cost: 0 Focus
    • Effect: Restores 2-4 Stamina for you or a Teammate

Stamina Charm Please note it takes less focus to cast big heal or revive

• Cost: 2 Focus
    • Effect: Restores 15-30% of max Stamina for you or a Teammate

Revive Charm Please note it takes less focus to cast big heal or revive

• Cost: 1 Focus
    • Effect: Revives a Teammate to 70-100% of their max Stamina

Bravery Charm Need lots of focus but can be cast later in the usually when there are 3 or more elites

• Cost: 7 Focus
    • Effect: Increases Team’s Power against Elites by 60-150%

Team play wait til bravery is cast before going into elite foes.

#1024 April, 2020, 02:25 pm.

@Owlx no problem. Also I think I found the updated version. It’ll be great if you can double check it:

edited April 24 #1124 April, 2020, 02:34 pm.

quick summary

Professors Please use if you get focus PLEASE be a TEAM PLAYER cast Proficiency and all shields 1st

Proficiency Listed for because it helps the ENTIRE TEAM critically need in Dark Chambers- Want MORE POWER? give professor 3 focus!

• Cost: 7 Focus
    • Effect: Increases entire team's Proficiency Power by 16-44%

Protection Charm Shield Magi 1st or they can't revive you! Want a SHIELD give professor 2 or 3 Focus

• Cost: 3 Focus
    • Effect: Increases you or a teammate's Defence by 16-30%

Deterioration Hex use after team has proficiency and everyone has their shields Good Professors DON'T let teammates do Dark chamber without a shield!

• Cost: 3 Focus
    • Effect: Reduces a Foe's Stamina by 10-40 each time they attack or defend

Post edited by Owlx on
    #1224 April, 2020, 02:48 pm.

Quick summary

Focus Charm want MORE POWER? pass 3 focus to a professor! want a SHIELD? pass 2 or 3 focus to a professor! ELITE foes pass to magi.

• Cost: 1 Focus
    • Effect: Transfers 1 Focus from you to a Teammate

Bat-Bogey Hex use this if you are in the lobby and all foes are engaged

• Cost: 0 Focus
    • Effect: Deals 1-3 damage to a Foe

Weakness Hex Use on strong Foes in the order usually Spiders Werewolves and Dark wizards last Use on Foes with highest #of stars

• Cost: 1 Focus
    • Effect: Reduces a Foe's Power by 25-50%

Confusion Hex use on 5 and 4 star pixies and erklings then they can't dodge!!! Then use on 5 and 4 star spiders and wolves it weakens their defense breech

• Cost: 1 Focus
    • Effect: Reduces a Foe's Dodge, Defence, and Defence Breach by 20-60%

#1324 April, 2020, 02:51 pm.

Don't like/want to read? i'm looking for some good team strategy wutuber videos tutorial

Or you go regularly team play post your favorite tips and videos here

we are stronger united and previous solo players who want to team play need our help. It will improve everyone's skill and make playing in groups more fun.

#1424 April, 2020, 02:55 pm.

@Owlx Great summaries! Thanks for sharing!

#1624 April, 2020, 04:43 pm.

@Lucoire fantastic suggestion! Are you volunteering to do one of or both of them? 😉🤭

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1724 April, 2020, 04:46 pm.

@Owlx Maybe. I've already written something for the "without"-situation but it's still a little unrefined, so it still needs work

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1924 April, 2020, 05:03 pm.

@Owlx great thread, thank you! I did see one error not corrected yet, regarding the confusion hex:

Confusion Hex use on 5 and 4 star pixies and erklings then they can't dodge!!! Then use on 5 and 4 star spiders and wolves it weakens their defense breech

Confusion hex doesn't do anything to spiders. It should be used on DARK WIZARDS and werewolves to weaken defense breach.

#2024 April, 2020, 05:24 pm.

To add to @Dogoutlaw:

If you want to cast something on Acromantulas, use "Weakening Hex" (as Auror) or "Deterioration Hex" (as Professor)

#2124 April, 2020, 05:28 pm.

@Dogoutlaw and @Lucoire Thank you!!!!

Auror is quite confusing to me so many priorities and I've not played that profession much! I can only imagine how confounding it can be to players new to team play.

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #2224 April, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Thanks @Owlx for directing me here and to those that provided insight! I've just had a real headslap moment! Playing solo as professor primarily in Fortress chambers, I've found my profiency charm too expensive when I might see only 1 or 2 foes to realize the affect. So, my first focus was to protect everybody rather than enhancing everyone at once! Serious rookie mistake. Hopefully the other Prof in there picked up the slack.

#2324 April, 2020, 07:39 pm.

@Dextraone both strategies are valid! Which is better depends on a few factors that we are blind to right now at Hogwarts.

mid chambers proficiency bigger bang makes everyone more powerful -Yes it's too expensive for solo work. Critical for groups

dark chambers shields up! No magi shields 1st

each seasoned team group has slightly different preferences.

You'll get it!

#2424 April, 2020, 07:45 pm.

Animagus -this is a good start video has a neat bit about passing focus at timestamp 20:30

Be on the lookout Animagus and other wutubers hope to post a how to group fortress at hogwarts monday.

If any one sees it before me please post.

or post your favorite how to team fortress here.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2525 April, 2020, 01:00 am.

@HPWUblue any chance you can push my infographics through moderation?

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 939 mod
    #2725 April, 2020, 05:55 am.

Thanks for tagging @MrSciGuy, and sorry for the delay.. It's up now!👍️

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 744 ✭✭✭✭
    #2825 April, 2020, 05:06 pm.

As magi solo player, i still dont understand the bravery skill behave. Is it one cast for entire team or one cast just one player each time.

The explanation in skill tree and expertise is different.

#2925 April, 2020, 05:43 pm.

@Kodokmag 1 cast -> entire team empowered.

The same is true for the Proficiency Buff of the Professor.

• cchjkokmhtrcchjkokmhtr Posts: 1
    #3026 April, 2020, 12:59 am.

I still can't find formidable pixies in the fortresses and when I do with a group of of other players then I'm beaten to them every time.

I've been stuck on it for months. Really bad to make it so specific. It's not like pokemon go where everyone fights the same thing. I've jumped in and fought nothing. Beaten to a oddity everytime. Bad design. Needs fixing so everyone gets to fight the same things.

#3126 April, 2020, 01:25 am.

@cchjkokmhtr

Hello welcome to the forum. Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask.

Formidable pixies are 2 star pixies in any chamber. Everyone goes for pixies 1st because they are easy keals.

My recommendation is get on the knight bus, battle in chambers Ruin 3 to Tower 3.

Use old event runestones if you have them. Pixie hunting can take lots of battles. If you don't have old event runestones used your #1 stones. Family of the runestones doesn't matter.

You'll want to solo. So that all the pixies are yours. To solo enter a chamber without anyone in it, press start button immediately

Happy Pixie hunting