Scarcity of Gifts

MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 28 August, 2020, 04:32 pm.

I know I (as well as numerous others) have voiced concerns on the difficulty in obtaining gifts to send to friends on more than one occasion. It is very difficult for most people to get out these days with all the lockdowns across various parts of the world. I feel grateful that many of my friends on HPWU are sending gifts quite frequently. But many are not able to, myself included. I am occasionally able to get out and obtain a handful to send to people, but it’s few and far between.

I went to the store today and while in the car, I came across 6 different inns. I was able to hit each one. Out of those six inns, I received one gift to give. ONE. That is an issue with the way things are right now.

@HPWULola please pass along this frustration. Please make these gifts guaranteed at inns and greenhouses, like they are at fortresses. At least for the time being. We’ve also suggested giving them away in daily task rewards, spawning on the map, etc. Please pass this along.

And most importantly please know we greatly appreciate all you guys have done, and continue to do, to make this game playable from home and to continue to entice us with events. We thank you!

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    #222 April, 2020, 12:28 am.

And while we are at it. Perhaps they giving extravaganza SE gift just for events (brilliant and Community day) those are what we need SE the most.

Say it as brilliant extravaganza SE gift or something else, to prevent abusing maybe could lower the gift exp.

• Noni69Noni69 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #322 April, 2020, 09:51 am.

It would be nice to find random gifts on the map.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #422 April, 2020, 01:56 pm.

Yes @MrSciGuy i ditto exactly what he said. I don’t like not being able to send out gifts when my friends have all been so generous. On the very rare occasion I do get out I try to hit up inns and GH but get maybe 2-3 gifts if I am lucky. So any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #522 April, 2020, 03:40 pm.

Completely agree @MrSciGuy, the lack of gifts seems to have dropped a lot and has done for some time, i pass 8 inns/greenhouses on my way to work and i am lucky to get 1 or 2 - the improvements they have made have been incredible, but the lack of gifts feels like i am failing the friends who cannot get out at all 😔

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #723 April, 2020, 04:38 am.

I was able to get out and played at various spots i could reach by parked car.

Then a long walk in the park. Out for several hours Lots of inn. Resulting in 6! 6 energy gift. 😟

Please may inns guaranty a gift and least thru lockdown. Please double the energy in all energy gifts. There are lots of players struggling to play even with energy on the ground, and are depending on gifted energy.

Or keep XP the same but all SE is 12 to 15.

• NanapatnhNanapatnh Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #828 May, 2020, 03:28 pm.

It appears that low gifts from Inns is still an issue.

I was excited to finally have the opportunity to visit a town where I knew there are many Inns so I could gather some SE gifts for friends. I must have hit at least 25-30 different Inns and not one single gift!! I’ve gathered gifts from these Inns in the past so to say I was very disappointed is an understatement.

This was the same day the latest “fix” was rolled out so I don’t know if it’s connected. Another bummer is I lost the many foundables caught while trying to gather gifts.

On the upside, it was nice to get out for a change - and I found a wild toadstool . Wicked cool 🍄

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #928 May, 2020, 03:34 pm.

@Nanapatnh I am also noticing fewer gifts and scarcity of extravagants. I am still sending spell energy to you where I can, but it is just so hard!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1028 May, 2020, 03:45 pm.

@Nanapatnh stupid question, but did you make sure you had room to pick up more gifts before you visited all those inns?

More than once I've ridden through town hitting every inn and greenhouse along the way only to realize later that my gifts had been at 30/30 the whole time. 🤦‍♂️

#1128 May, 2020, 03:56 pm.

@MtPollux - Not so stupid question as I have done that in the past! But yes, I made sure I had plenty of room to gather more gifts before I headed out. It was very strange to not get a single one. Once I got home I had to hop on the Knight Bus to gather some stones to give. Haha.

@Magpie31 I understand the scarcity and am, as always, very thankful for all the gifts!

#1228 May, 2020, 04:06 pm.

@Nanapatnh Also, I was so excited to see you in the fortress on community day! Unfortunately, I was beaconing for someone so couldn't sit and play.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭
    #1328 May, 2020, 04:09 pm.

You can easily get Runestone gifts from the Bus. Use your low level runestones to farm gifts from the lower level forts and use your high level gifts to gain multipliers from higher level forts.

#1428 May, 2020, 04:16 pm.

But @BenTiger, the post is mostly discussing energy gifts from inns. For many people, spell energy is a premium resource right now, as they can't freely access inns and it doesn't spawn on the ground regularly enough to meet demand. This is exacerbated by the Knight Bus - people want more energy but there is less available.

#1528 May, 2020, 04:20 pm.

If you log in to the game every 10 to 15 minutes, you are likely to see multiple energy on the ground, thus eliminating the need for energy gifts, as long as you are not trying to complete every trace in sight constantly.

#1628 May, 2020, 04:31 pm.

@BenTiger Thank you for the suggestion. You are correct in that the only way I can find spell energy on the ground is to login to the game every 15 minutes or so, but unfortunately that typically only yields maybe 4-5 spell energy a day for me. My home must be in a very low spawn area, though I have noticed more SE appears when it rains. Coincidence?

@Magpie31 I was also excited to see you in the fortress. That was the first and only time I’ve come across one of my friends! I figured you were looking for your group but I did wave. 😄

#1728 May, 2020, 04:31 pm.

@BenTiger That is simply not true. Maybe for your particular location, but far from a general rule. I have learned the hard way that spawn rates in my country and the surrounding region are approximately half (or less) than an equivalently populated area in the US or UK. And that is despite the increased density of POIs.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1828 May, 2020, 04:33 pm.

@BenTiger I believe you’re missing the point. First of all, not everyone’s experience with finding energy on the ground is the same as yours. Second of all, why shouldn’t people be able to complete any trace in sight that they want to? And third of all, we all now have access to fortressing any time we want to with the Knight Bus. That in itself can be very energy consuming.

My original point was that given the current situation with lockdowns and limited access to inns, when people DO have access to an inn, they should be guaranteed an energy gift to send to someone in need. Runestone gifts are guaranteed. So it’s easy enough to make energy and ingredient gifts guaranteed as well.

Not everyone has the same access to things or playing style you do.

edited May 28 #1928 May, 2020, 04:46 pm.

Ok. My post might have come off as blunt, but this is the reason:

If they add random gifts to the objects appearing, it is going to come at the cost of other objects appearing, as there are limits set the the number of object appearing in a given area. If they add random gifts, there will be a decrease in energy and foundable spawns... so, do you want guaranteed energy or a chance to send energy to someone else? You can only receive 20 gifts, but you can pick up unlimited energy (as long as you are not at max).

Sorry again, as my responses were directed at gifts appearing on the map, not directed at awarding of gifts from greenhouses and inns, as you were describing in your original post.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2028 May, 2020, 05:24 pm.

That’s alright, I’m sure you didn’t mean it to come across that way.

You make a good point about gifts spawning on the map taking the place of other things. Perhaps that’s not the best solution then. But at the very least there’s nothing wrong with providing guaranteed gifts from inns and greenhouses, at least temporarily. I don’t see why that should be an issue.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #2119 June, 2020, 10:12 pm.

For what it's worth, I would also use coins to be able to hold more than 30 gifts and increase the 100 gift per day drop limit.

• GabbygreybirdGabbygreybird Posts: 1
    #2228 August, 2020, 04:18 pm.

I have found that I had a Hotspot for inns and greenhouses. I sit there now collecting for hours and will not receive any. Have gone to random ones and still no gifts. This has been after they started this new training. Am I missing something?

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #2328 August, 2020, 04:32 pm.

I'm in strict lockdown but I do have access to inns from home, and I hit them often enough to collect many gifts. I love sending them out.

So, I can send energy gifts to anyone who needs it. Just add me as a friend. No need to send anything back.

My code is 5735 2363 1502