All Aboard the Knight Bus!

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 14 May, 2020, 01:28 pm.

Have you been itching to get back into Wizarding Challenges but find yourself without a means of magical conveyance to faraway Fortresses? Then look no further, as a timely new way to bring the magic closer to you is here. Introducing the Knight Bus!

Rather than extending your wand hand and waiting at the curb, simply tap on the new Knight Bus button from the Map view. Hang on tight, as the Knight Bus will instantly whisk you away to a Fortress at Hogwarts Castle where you can use Runestones to take on a variety of Foes, just like in a standard Fortress.

Just like the iconic Knight Bus itself, we hope this new feature will come to the aid of players and help them get back into one of their favourite aspects of the game from the safety of their homes. For those ambitious players already thinking about their future Fortress forays, fear not, as the Knight Bus is here to stay.

The Knight Bus will be available to players level 7 and above and will begin rolling out soon, so keep an eye out for the latest game update. We will update the Community when this rollout begins!

Comments

• JenerieJenerie Posts: 1
    #220 April, 2020, 04:26 pm.

Love this! Are you able to do challenges with others in these fortresses too? Thanks!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    #420 April, 2020, 04:32 pm.

🌟🙌💖👏🙏🤩🔥🌟🎈

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    #520 April, 2020, 04:40 pm.

I also am curious if there could potentially be other players in the fortresses. Also, will they give gifts? Thanks!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    edited April 20 #720 April, 2020, 05:09 pm.

Time to increase Spell Energy vault.

Too bad there's no lessons for transfer SE. LoL

Because there is possibility to bump to other players, will there be chat feature for this knight bus fortress?

I hope there is chat feature for this.

• ProfezorProfezor Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #820 April, 2020, 05:23 pm.

Sweet!!! Hope to see you all there!!! 😃

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #920 April, 2020, 06:04 pm.

@HPWULola Yay!!! Thank you! 😃

I’m very much looking forward to when this feature will be live! It’ll be awesome to play with others from home. And if it’s the way you’re saying, then I wonder who we’ll end up bumping into while fortressing 🤔👀😃

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1120 April, 2020, 07:18 pm.

When might this amazing feature go live?

And thank you so very much HPWU team for this feature! I have over 800 runestones to burn through and miss fortress of so much.

😍🥰🌎🍾🎁🎉🤩👸🏻😎🤡😻🤘🏼💋🙏

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1220 April, 2020, 07:36 pm.

Thanks for that video @Owlx! Now I’m desperately chasing level 40!!!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1320 April, 2020, 07:40 pm.

this article suggests knight bus remote fortress challenges will be solo or random group, with no guarantee that friends trying to enter same chamber at same time will end up in same challenge:

https://wizardsunitehub./news/remote-wizarding-challenges-soon/

see also

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1420 April, 2020, 07:41 pm.

@MrSciGuy send you magical thoughts for lots of flares! Deatheaters are out tonight and they have decent XP how much BBE do you have?

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1620 April, 2020, 07:51 pm.

@Owlx I haven’t seen any death eaters yet, but it’s still just afternoon here. None last night. I’ll keep an eye out. I have a few Baruffios, so I’ll be popping some of those on with some tonics. I’m desperately brewing to replenish the massive amount of potions I blew through on community day!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #1720 April, 2020, 07:52 pm.

Long way to go for me chasing level 40-ish.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #1820 April, 2020, 08:01 pm.

Great news, thank you!!!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1920 April, 2020, 08:22 pm.

@Owlx it will only help people to complete the SOS challenge (complete 3 battles with 3 **friends**) if there is some way to coordinate entering the chamber with folks from your friends list. If you just match with random other people then I don't think it will satisfy the task.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2020 April, 2020, 09:57 pm.

@HPWULola it's fixed! Hooray! Thank you for the update! Can't wait to take a ride on the knight bus!!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    #2120 April, 2020, 10:03 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Yay!

PSA: The forum was experiencing a bug where comments and new posts were disabled for about an hour. All fixed now!

@Owlx and @kiheikid thanks for sharing those youtube videos! I can't wait to see all the content folks create when the feature is live 😁

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #2220 April, 2020, 10:04 pm.

Very excited about this, especially the possibility of random team-ups!

I'd love it if it would count towards the task (or could be tweaked to do so) as I'd love to finally complete the SOS challenge, but even as it stands it's great news. Thank you! :o)

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2421 April, 2020, 01:14 am.

The Knight Bus for the stranded witch or wizard is the perfect choice to get us to a fortress! Very happy that we'll at least be able to fortress solo. If able to play in groups, or even better, be able to play with people we can communicate with, that would make a great thing even greater. Can't wait to try it out. And so happy that we can earn runestone gifts for our friends!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #2521 April, 2020, 04:18 am.

This is fantastic news, thanks HPWU team!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #2621 April, 2020, 05:05 am.

I've got bucketloads of runestones waiting. I am so excited, hopefully I'll get to see many people from around the world (I don't keep to Aussie sociable hours).

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #2721 April, 2020, 09:15 am.

Hats off!

This is a groundbreaking development.

Personally I don't need it, but I know many people will love this upgrade.

I guess the demand for runestone gifts will raise. :)

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3021 April, 2020, 01:54 pm.

@TinaRedhair I'm glad it's not just me. Really looking forward to this update!