April Community Day - Has Anyone Completed it At Home?

FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 18 April, 2020, 04:09 pm.

I finally completed the April Community Day quests after two hours walking in an inn-filled park. It seemed to me to be even more challenging than a regular Community Day!

I would estimate that less than half the high-number of required fragments that I collected came from Tonic for Trace Detections, and every foundable (including the regular non-glowy ones) required multiple goes to catch. I cast - and I am not exaggerating here - nearly 20 casts to get one of the last Troll fragments that I needed!

I will be impressed if anybody has managed to complete it at home, let alone complete it at home without purchasing anything!

Maybe reduce the fragment requirements and the casting difficulty a bit next time, guys? :o)

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18 #218 April, 2020, 01:59 pm.

I haven't left the house yet today (I probably will later to walk off some portkeys), and I am nearly finished with the event. I need 1 more troll and 6 more demiguises to finish all of the tasks. So far I've used 3 tonics and about 130 energy.

I haven't purchased anything yet, and in fact haven't yet opened the free pack with the 50 energy or any of the spell energy gifts I've been saving. I will be able to get the page to silver without leaving the house.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    #318 April, 2020, 02:26 pm.

Yup having the same issues. I have to leave my house amd walk around because I'm using so much energy. I am level 40, amd I usually get bowtruckles and erumpets with 1 or 2 energy. Today it's been 4-6 energy to get just one. So frustrating.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #418 April, 2020, 02:44 pm.

I guess size matters, @MtPollux

(5 words)

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    #518 April, 2020, 03:30 pm.

yeah, and just connecting to the game has been a challenge for me

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited April 18 #618 April, 2020, 03:34 pm.

@MtPollux Given you need to spend at least 50 spell energy absolute minimum for the 20 Demiguse, 20 Troll, and 10 Picket foundable fragments - only 130 spell energy is an amazingly fortunate spell cast to foundable capture ratio! Only three casts for each of the 43 high level foundables you've got so far (presuming no other foundables were tackled at all - if they were, you were even more fortunate) is very good going.

I found a couple were only two shots, but most were in the 4-7 casts range and some were significantly higher.

Edit: It just occured to me that level might play a factor? I'm level 37. If you're over 40 (or even higher) then you might have a higher return chance.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #718 April, 2020, 04:09 pm.

@FireNightingale I'm level 42, and I had built up a large supply of strong exstimulo potions. Once I had placed the bowtruckles and the erumpent I only went for yellow and orange beams, and was usually able to get at least 2 with each potion.