Game Update: 2.12.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
edited April 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 24 April, 2020, 10:06 pm.

Hi everyone! We have exciting new updates to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

New Features/Updates

Portkeys: 
  • Increased Spell Energy and Wizarding XP in 5km and 10km Portkey rewards
  • Portkeys acquired after the update will have their distance requirement decreased by half until further notice.
General: 
  • Players with iOS devices will now be able to sign into Harry Potter: Wizards Unite with their Apple ID. Visit Settings to link your Apple ID to an existing account. 
  • Logging into Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will now display your login provider, along with your Code Name and email address. 
  • Improved the layout of the Settings menu to better display the email addresses that are linked to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
  • Improved the initial startup screen design: Players will now see a clock at the bottom left corner of their screen that indicates loading progress
  • Players can now disable push notifications for Portkeys and Gifts received in the Settings menu
  • Landmarks will be disabled on the Map until further notice.

Bug Fixes:

Potions: 
  • Fixed an issue with players unable to collect a Potion from Potion Brewing when their device transitioned to mobile data from Wifi
Wizarding Challenges: 
  • Fixed an issue with the text in the Chambers reward popup: “Earn one-time rewards for your first victory in each chamber.” Players get one-time rewards when they unlock the next highest Chamber. 
General:
  • Samsung Devices Only: Fixed an issue causing an “Unable to Load Link” pop up to appear after launching the game 

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #216 April, 2020, 12:50 am.

Portkey decrease by half, is it including portkey from brilliant event/community day?

Just need clarification (and HOPE)

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #316 April, 2020, 12:52 am.

@Kodokmag the way it is worded, any portkey you pick up after the update will have its distance cut in half. So that leads me to believe the community day portkeys are included.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    #416 April, 2020, 12:58 am.

@MrSciGuy

Thats what i understand it too.

Anyway, after update the green check/thick sign for master note is disappear.

• ATLRavenclawATLRavenclaw Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #516 April, 2020, 01:08 am.

With the update, 2.12.0, is anyone else experiencing issues opening a brilliant Portmanteaus? The standard ones seem to work but not the brilliants

• M79M79 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #616 April, 2020, 02:02 am.

After this update 2.12.0, FPS drops, laggy and some bugs at Master Note. Please check it, thank you.

• MishellyellieMishellyellie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #716 April, 2020, 05:20 am.

Hi! Quick question regarding the update "Landmarks will be disabled on the Map until further notice. ". Does that mean if I planted seeds at a greenhouse yesterday, there will not be a greenhouse there once the update becomes active? I didn't quite understand what constitutes a "Landmark". Thanks!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #816 April, 2020, 05:37 am.

@Mishellyellie it should mean the flags. Like if you have a dark arts flagged area, it will be turned off.

• NelkataNelkata Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited April 16 #916 April, 2020, 06:23 am.

After the update, the traces icons look much darker on my phone. They also lack the "sparkles" above. Other players report the same issue as well. Is this a bug and shall we expect a fix for it? Also the shadows of the traces on trace-encounter are pixelized now (like on Battery saving mode, but worse). I've checked - Battery saving is not activated and I have downloaded the "essential" assets.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    #1016 April, 2020, 06:30 am.

After I updated I noticed an option called 'Social' in settings. I'm curious what that does?

• elphiaskettlebuelphiaskettlebu Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1116 April, 2020, 10:40 am.

The AR+ has disappeared from my settings, pls fix this

• MishellyellieMishellyellie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1216 April, 2020, 11:53 am.

@Dogoutlaw Thanks for the clarification!

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1316 April, 2020, 12:34 pm.

@CBG92 the social in settings is for turning gift notifications on or off

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1416 April, 2020, 12:36 pm.

My guess for portkeys distance for brilliant/community day is we shall see. My thoughts are they will set the community day ones to 2km so when picked up they go to 1km but am hoping they will not do that and we will have .5km community day portkeys.

Be nice to have some clarification though

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    #1516 April, 2020, 01:03 pm.

@mysteriousD ahh got it. thanks

• McGonagallfan21McGonagallfan21 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1616 April, 2020, 04:38 pm.

Love the landmark and portray changes, totally can get used to the new darker foundable look. What I'm not loving are how much longer foundable encounters take now- takes longer with the new trace system to cast and return a foundable. Hoping there will be a fix soon?

Thanks to the developers for all you're doing!

• McGonagallfan21McGonagallfan21 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1716 April, 2020, 04:39 pm.

@mysteriousD port keys for community day will still be 1km- was confirmed on reddit.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #1816 April, 2020, 05:49 pm.

Thanks for the update!

The option to turn off notifications for gifts and portkeys is good. Also I've noticed that now the apps loads from the first try and not like the days before after multiple restarts and error messages. 👍️

I have a problem with fortress fights though. After the update (and the download of all essets) I went in a fortress and tried to finish a fight at level Forest 4. First, it took about 45 seconds to even switch between room choice and rune stone view. This wasn't new for me, so I continued. Unfortunately the game was lagging so much, that I didn't even have the chance to fight the last enemy. I've completed this level multiple times already so it's not a matter of missing strength.

The problem was that I had immense waiting time when changing between the enemy overview and the fight view. After I've defeated an enemy I had to wait between 10 and 20 seconds to return to the overview. After I've clicked on the next foe, I needed up to 30-40 seconds (as seen on the in-game timer) to be able to hit for the first time. When you have in mind that I had 6 foes in total, quite a lot of lost time came together.

I don't know if the reason for the lagging was the update, but I thought you should know.

After the update a fortress close to my home was turned into an inn. And this despite the fact that there was already an inn right next to it. They are literally less than 2 meters apart. I'm very sad because of this since the next fortress is about a kilometer away and this was the only fortress for a long while in any other direction. The new inn was not needed at all since there are 4 more in the next about 50 meters on the same street alone. And they are not the only ones... I hope it has something to do with the corona crisis and that it'll be changed back afterwards.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2016 April, 2020, 11:48 pm.

Something cool I noticed with the new update: when you have a red and you open your registry it's gone back to the old behavior of bringing you straight to the registry page with the alert.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17 #2117 April, 2020, 12:03 am.

@HPWULola I’m looking forward to encountering the new foundables on the map. Plus I’m glad the page is part of another section; Legends of Hogwarts was getting a little crowded and needed a little break.

Though Fred and George are definitely Hogwarts legends! There’s no refuting that, so there shop could definitely fit comfortably in that section too.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2217 April, 2020, 12:29 am.

Glad that part is fixed @MtPollux!

I agree @Imaginatio, LOH was getting pretty crowded. No matter where they go, it’s always great having a new page!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17 #2317 April, 2020, 01:03 am.

@MrSciGuy yep, agreed. It’s great to get new pages wherever they’re placed. 😃

• Siska27Siska27 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2417 April, 2020, 04:29 am.

I have walked all my portkeys and there are none available around. Considering that the portkey distance requirements have been changed and now easier to open, more portkeys should have been forthcoming. Considering the lockdown, I greatly rely on portkeys for additional xp as well as for the needed ingredients as I can’t go to a greenhouse to plant.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2517 April, 2020, 04:46 am.

@Siska27 keep those empty for the CD Saturday! Plenty to walk off then to prestige your magizoology central park page!

• Siska27Siska27 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2617 April, 2020, 07:13 am.

@Bormacska awww maybe that’s why they are scarce right now. But 2 or 3 more to open for tonight won’t hurt. I need a reason to walk around the house. 😊

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    #2717 April, 2020, 08:28 am.

Master notes seem to have stopped working... All assets downloaded. Is there a quick fix? And thanks again @HPWUTeam for helping us continue to play throughout this lockdown. 😊

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2817 April, 2020, 11:20 am.

@Punkyfins master notes still work (notice that the time left on the current potion will decrease after you enter the notes). The last update introduced a visual glitch where the check mark for the master notes doesn't show up on the main cauldron screen.

• CelinaRahlCelinaRahl Posts: 1
    #2917 April, 2020, 03:55 pm.

With the newest update it seems you changed the way traces look and they're such a high resolution or something that they don't load without looking like they're lagging and they're hard to watch, it hurts the eyes. I've tried turning down the resolution on my phone but it didn't help. Please advise what to do.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 441 mod
    edited April 17 #3017 April, 2020, 04:55 pm.

Hi @CelinaRahl! Our team is looking into this issue. In the meantime, you can find more info here: Appearance of game assets may appear different for some Android devices

• RexHav0cRexHav0c Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #3117 April, 2020, 06:31 pm.

Phone - Samsung Galaxy S10+

Hardwae Version - Rev 1.0

Phone OS - Andriod 10

Kernal Version - 4.14.117

Build Number - QP1A.190711.020.G975USQU3DTC9

Issue: Graphic are dark and heavily pixilated in this release. Changing Data Saver off/on produced no discernible results. Force Stop/Clear Cache/Restart produced no discernible results. Video performance is also very sluggish as if the phones video processor is being overloaded by something and is reducing responsiveness to screen input. Images attached: