April Community Day Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Community Day #1 latest comment 20 April, 2020, 02:37 pm.

April Community Day: Play At Home Edition is all day Saturday, April 18 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Put your Magizoology skills to the test and help return the Murtlap and other Magizoology Foundables.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This Community Day you can look forward to the following:

• A Special Assignment with rewards including Spellbooks, Potion Ingredients, Gold and Murtlap Fragments
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Central Park Registry page, including the Erumpent, Mountain Troll, Demiguise, Branch of Bowtruckles and Pickett
  • Special 1 km Portmanteau containing Murtlap Fragments

Hope you all enjoy! What Central Park Foundable are we looking forward to seeing the most? I know for me, it's Pickett!!

Tagged:

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #210 April, 2020, 06:14 pm.

Woohoo! Pickett!!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #310 April, 2020, 06:27 pm.

Yay! Awesome! Looking forward to it! Particularly to see Pickett! 😃

edited April 10 #410 April, 2020, 06:39 pm.

Thought I’d share the OrangeWizard graphics for the community day here as well:

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #510 April, 2020, 08:06 pm.

15 murtlap fragments from the tasks! That's great, I was only expecting 3 or 4.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #610 April, 2020, 08:11 pm.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to see Pickett! (please, boost it REALLY 🙄 )

edited April 10 #710 April, 2020, 08:21 pm.

@MtPollux 👀 I did not realise that it said ‘+5’ until I read your post. That’s awesome! Though I’ll have to remember to get some from portkeys and prestige the page before claiming those rewards. I currently only need three more to place the image. From how it works in fortresses, I think it might be the case that if I claim the ‘+5 ‘ before prestiging the page, then only three of the five will count for placing the image. And if this is the case then it will be the same for others close to placing the image too.

I can’t be sure though, so if a @HPWUTeam member can confirm that, it will make things clearer and players will know what to expect.

@HPWULola, @HPWUblue?

#910 April, 2020, 10:37 pm.

@HPWULola I suspected that might be the case. Thank you very much for confirming. 😊

Now, I shall have to remember to resist the urge to collect the rewards when the persistent red dot appears after completing one of those tasks.

It is a sneaky thing that red dot, trying to cunningly persuade you into clicking the collect button, when you know you must wait.

This will be the most difficult task of all ... 🔴 🔴 🔴...

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #1011 April, 2020, 05:40 pm.

Why oh why are there portkeys during a stay at home CD. I just managed to open the last BE portkeys and just now picking up this BE portmanteaus. No way would I have them opened by CD to even pick up CD portmanteaus.

We are in lockdown. I don’t have adventure sync. Why does it have to be portkeys. 😭

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    #1112 April, 2020, 12:44 am.

Could we have the portkey lowered? Maybe 500 m? My prestige page is still very basic

😬

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #1213 April, 2020, 03:25 am.

Do what i'm trying to do: Don't open any until there's another need (such as the next CD day), and then only open as many as you plan to pick up.

#1313 April, 2020, 08:55 am.

CD portkey usually different isnt it?

I usually empty-ing up my portkey vault before CD to fill with new CD portkey.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    #1413 April, 2020, 02:45 pm.

@Kodokmag sorry! Still 1km, if you want prestige again, save again murtlap fragment again. I have 4 more to finish priklett.

• J1vvyJ1vvy Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1513 April, 2020, 09:22 pm.

I like that I can delay opening my Portmanteau  until I need them. IE prestige the page.

#1614 April, 2020, 11:05 am.

Anyone prepare more than 40-ish TTD?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1714 April, 2020, 11:27 am.

@Kodokmag 40 ish TTD!!! I've got 10 in my vault which is the most I've ever had at once & been playing game with smug smile about the TTD & BBE I'm stockpiling....until you said that 😂😂 now I feel seriously inadequate! Lol

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1814 April, 2020, 11:48 am.

@Kodokmag That’s a lot! I’m planning on having 20 ready for the weekend. I’m concentrating on Dawdle Draughts for the upcoming Community Day (I haven’t seen a wild Pickett yet - no way is he going to disappear on me!). Up to 18 Dawdles at the moment, will brew another 12 I think.

#1914 April, 2020, 04:38 pm.

@AuroraKadavra

@Dewin99

Just asking everyone. I'm at 14 TTD . 😬

#2014 April, 2020, 05:17 pm.

@Kodokmag That’ll keep you going for a good while! 👍🏻

That brings up an interesting point. I’m always curious and interested to read how others are preparing for upcoming events.

My plan is to focus on Picketts and Murtlaps, so I’m brewing Dawdle Draughts like crazy (I have already brewed a shed load of Potent Exstimulos).

I’m going to try my best to remember when my Dawdle & Potent/Strong Exstimulos are active, and ignore pretty much everything else for the day.

If there are lots of spawns, I might pop a Baruffio and/or TTD (or multiples), I’ll judge that on the day.

What are your thoughts/plans?

edited April 14 #2114 April, 2020, 08:29 pm.

@Dewin99

My prestige still very basic. So i'll focused on max up two first, pickett and murlapp then the others. That will need many TTD, portkey and task reward better saved for last.

Errr murlapp doesnt include in spawns?

So murlapp from portkey then.

I need my bounciest short pants for this. LoL

#2214 April, 2020, 08:41 pm.

@Kodokmag Good plan. I must remember to only open the Murtlap rewards when I need them.

Remember to clear out your Portkey spaces.

• McGonagallfan21McGonagallfan21 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #2314 April, 2020, 09:28 pm.

Definitely excited for this- need Pickett the most! Love his foundable too so I'm excited. :D thanks to the developers for this event and adapting it, I can't wait!

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    #2414 April, 2020, 11:28 pm.

I currently need 8 Picketts and 7 murlaps to prestiege to bronze. I am trying to get the murlaps before Saturday and hoping to collect just Pickett until I pretiege the page. After that pretty much anything goes. I want to get close to silver but not expecting to get that far. Living in a rural area makes it harder to get much of anything.

I have 20 tonics and I will brew to keep that number but not much more. I don't see myself playing 10 hours Saturday as much as I would want to. I have 80 silver keys so definately set to get lots of the ports.

#2515 April, 2020, 11:17 am.

Just curiosity, Dark Detector not incresing those spawns?

• Natas2424Natas2424 Posts: 1
    #2617 April, 2020, 08:17 am.

I'm looking forward to the pickets also

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18 #2718 April, 2020, 04:10 am.

@Kodokmag from everything I've heard from other players, no, dd's are not increasing spawns specific to the CD

• Siska27Siska27 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2818 April, 2020, 05:56 am.

@Kodokmag BBE and TTD are almost the only stuff I brew. I usually hoard them. 😁

#2918 April, 2020, 06:07 am.

What I don’t understand though is the scarcity of portkeys for this event. I expected them to just be there lying around. I cleaned up my portkeys just for CD.

#3018 April, 2020, 07:24 am.

@Siska27 yeah portkey is very scarce around my home too.

Perhaps there's "walks" requirement? Because after few hundreds meter morning walks there were a bunch of portkeys poping up around.

#3118 April, 2020, 07:29 am.

@Kodokmag I don’t think so. I walked 8km yesterday, I picked up only 1 portkey. Walked 2km this morning, I only got a couple of CD portkeys, unlike other CD where portkeys were abundant.