The Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event Part 1 Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
edited April 6 in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 22 April, 2020, 09:56 am.

Hey everyone! We have details of The Burrow Besieged Part 1 Brilliant Event to share!

There will be six new Foundables on the Ron's Bedroom Registry Page.

Here is where you can find them:

• Brilliant Encounters: Brilliant Decoy Detonators and Brilliant Ron
  • Quest Rewards: Martin Miggs the Mad Muggle Comic Book and 'Weasley Is Our King' banner
  • Bonus Quest Rewards: Pigwidgeon
  • Portkey Rewards: Wizard Chess Set

Start clearing your Portkey vault to pick up Brilliant Portmanteaus, which will be 1.5KM. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2.

There will be a Bonus Assignments that follow the main tasks and this time, the Bonus Assignments will reward you with a Brilliant page foundable, best of luck! Remember to pick up your complimentary store pack from Diagon Alley 🎁

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    #206 April, 2020, 08:22 pm.

Yeah spellbookkkkk. 👍

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #307 April, 2020, 08:22 pm.

OK, why, in the middle of a pandemic, are all these tourists visiting the burrow and NOT keeping 6 feet apart? Who is running a tour operation in this situation?

... Must be some wizarding world mega church group, right?

• CristalMathusalCristalMathusal Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #408 April, 2020, 01:16 am.

So since these high and higher foundables keep disappearing AND requiring me to burn a ton of Exstimulo potions....maybe make those ingredients available on the map 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not buying ingredients because the only ones that drop ate for TTD ingredients. SMDH.

I understands this is a evolving game solution, but short of driving all over town (which I’m not willing to do as I have a high risk kiddo as home... and out of general principle...) I’m not going to be able to do these without the ingredients to make Exstimulo potions. Something to think about 🤷🏻‍♀️

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #508 April, 2020, 02:28 am.

@CristalMathusal I'm having the same problem with my potents. I've caught a few Grawps but not one Weasley car even WITH potent extimulos. I'm glad I'm filling stuff in but this is frustrating cause I had four or five and used up all of them and no success

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #608 April, 2020, 04:22 am.

Another thing I realised is that you can't purchase dawdle draught in Diagon Alley. With valerian root so scarce at the moment, it would be useful to have that option, especially with a few rare foundables on offer, like Grawp.

(40 words)

edited April 8 #708 April, 2020, 06:48 am.

I brew dawdle and extimulo potion from monday. Lucky me. 😚

Anyway brillian ron also give strong extimulo potion isnt it? It give me once.

#808 April, 2020, 06:53 am.

@Kodokmag Not every time - they are random drops. And well done on the dawdle. Myself and a few others have been struggling with valerian root recently and have been waiting to get some. I have none and a dawdle draught would have been handy for Grawp. Not a deal breaker, but it would be a nice addition to Slug and Jiggers.

(61 words)

#908 April, 2020, 08:06 am.

@Magpie31 though only got 4 dawdle before event. My brewing setting usually 4 TTD for the day and for the night 1 potent extimulo and 1 potion dawdle/invoguration. Not nearly enough. 😬

For event must rent golden cauldron.

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1008 April, 2020, 09:09 am.

I’m ok for valerian root, it’s butterscotch I can’t get for love or money!! Although I have been out of each of the dawdle ingredients at least once in the last few weeks.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1108 April, 2020, 01:08 pm.

So a little help planning from the discord: Dave is one of the big fish over there.

Brilliant Event / New Daily Tasks

The brilliant event requires you to use a number of trace tonics however, from Wednesday, using a trace tonic will become one of the daily tasks so you might wish to pace the event accordingly to save resources.

For Example:

Tuesday:

Step 1. Return 5 woww

Step 1. Return 3 brilliant decoy detonators

Wednesday:

Step 1. Use a tonic trace, complete step 1 so this tonic can be used with the Baruffio Brain Elixir required for step 2. Complete the balance tasks required for step 2 and step 3.

Thursday + Friday

Use 1 tonic trace each day to complete step 4.

Saturday - Monday

Complete the bonus tasks, using one trace tonic each day 

And a little humor :

• DarkCamaleonDarkCamaleon Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1208 April, 2020, 03:33 pm.

We are supposed to stay at home but in order to get all the pieces of the foundables in the event page we have to walk 7.5 km to open the 5 portmanteau needed... Soooo is not really a stay at home kind of event at least not completely.

• FantomasdelyonsFantomasdelyons Posts: 1
    #1308 April, 2020, 03:35 pm.

2 Gawps (1 caught) and 2 Weasley Cars = all potent ex potions gone and still got 4 more high foundables to get. I've used 4 Tonics so far and that's all I've seen... Where are the high foundables? I'm a level 29 so this shouldn't be so hard, but it is!

#1408 April, 2020, 10:09 pm.

We are supposed to stay at home but in order to get all the pieces of the foundables in the event page we have to walk 7.5 km to open the 5 portmanteau needed... Soooo is not really a stay at home kind of event at least not completely.

No time limit. Half a km a day at home means about 2 weeks. Hey, that's just in time for part 2 :-)

#1510 April, 2020, 06:05 am.
    #1611 April, 2020, 12:47 am.

No time limit. Half a km a day at home means about 2 weeks. Hey, that's just in time for part 2 :-)

Oh nuts. I have to get everything cleared out in time for as many ports as possible next weekend! How am I going to clean 10 in a week without spending a bunch of keys ...

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1711 April, 2020, 04:07 pm.

How am I going to clean 10 in a week without spending a bunch of keys ...

Unfortunately the only answer to that is walk. A lot. Around your house.

• WillDresdenWillDresden Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1811 April, 2020, 08:05 pm.

How are people getting the Owl? I can’t get to the nearest fortress with current restrictions?

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11 #1911 April, 2020, 08:30 pm.

@WillDresden As there is a lockdown in place, in order to help players, the HPWU team has added the owl as a reward for three of the bonus tasks for the Brilliant Event. So even though many can’t visit fortresses, players have a chance to place the owl image by completing all the event tasks.

I’m sure you’ll be able to finish all the tasks too and place the image. Good luck and stay safe! 😊

#2013 April, 2020, 02:49 pm.

Walk a lot around your house???... according to my Samsung health app already did 5000 steps today and on the HPWU app didn't add not even .5k to my portmanteau.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2113 April, 2020, 06:54 pm.

@DarkCamaleon 5k steps and only 0.5km recorded 👀😯 that doesn’t sound good at all.

I had something similar happen the other day. I had turned off the location services on my phone a while ago and didn’t think much of it since I had turned it back on shortly afterwards. After seeing that I had done a few thousand steps, but it had hardly counted, I checked the in app settings and realised that adventure sync had been turned off in the app automatically 🤦‍♀️ Things were okay after I turned it back on though.

Has the app always been like this or did it record steps/ distance better before? Maybe have a quick look in the settings to see if the adventure sync is still on, as something might have caused it to turn off? If it is, then no idea why it recorded such a low distance. That is very weird. 👀

#2216 April, 2020, 12:17 am.

Finally got the distance for 3 of the 5 portmanteau from event but when I try to open them it keeps sending me to the map and gives me an error... this error is only on ports from the event I open a 2k that I had there for a while and that one did open without a problem. Anyone else with this problem ?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2316 April, 2020, 12:35 am.
  • TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #2422 April, 2020, 09:56 am.

@Bormacska HAHAHA I laughed a few times at your picture posts. I appreciate the creativity! I wish there was a way to reply to specific posts rather than a thumbs up. If you ever do any future humor posts/pictures. Tag me cuz I'm always up for a laugh. Made my morning. Thank you!