Brewing Tonics Using Runestones

RazorgirlRazorgirl Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 07 April, 2020, 04:27 am.

Given many people are confined to their homes and many more will be soon (or should be regardless of what their Governments are yet to do), I was thinking of how that game could be made more viable with sedentary play. One of the things I thought of - inspired by the Magical Mischievous event - is to change how we brew Tonic for Trace detection so that we can use Runestones to influence the Traces that appear when we use the potion.

Eg. Add a level 1 Oddities Runestone when brewing a Tonic for Trace Detection. When you use that potion, 5 of your Traces will be Low Oddities and 1 will be High.

The higher the Runestone you use, the more low Oddities That will appear and the more High, Severe, and Emergency Traces will be revealed.

The idea is that we can use Runestones to turn Tonics into portable Landmarks - given we can’t exactly go out to a Landmark right now.

Maybe a Level 2 reveals 8 Low and 2 High

Maybe a Level 3 reveals 10 low, 2 high, and 1 severe

Maybe a level 4 includes 10 low, 2 high, 1 severe, and 1 Emergency Trace.

Maybe a Level 5 includes 10 low, 3 high, 3 severe, and 3 emergency Traces

Not sure if Brilliant Runestones should be excluded from this, but maybe they just attract 6 Brilliant Traces from that Event. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The numbers aren’t important, they’re just examples. The important part of this is that given players cannot go to Landmarks or specific types of terrain to hunt for specific Foundables, players can focus on different registry families using Runestones when brewing Tonic for Trace Detection.

😷👍🙃

Comments

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #204 April, 2020, 01:05 pm.

I think that’s an excellent idea @Razorgirl, I’d definitely be up for that 👏

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 April, 2020, 01:19 pm.

I like this idea @Razorgirl!

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #404 April, 2020, 01:29 pm.
  • AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    #504 April, 2020, 03:26 pm.

But then you would run out of Runestones...

While idea is not bad, I would propose something else instead of Runstones, maybe some new element, which you could actually pick up from time to time...

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #604 April, 2020, 03:29 pm.

@AndyRozman you gain runestones by collecting foundables. So as long as you didn’t use them constantly, you’d have a pretty steady stream, as TTD increases foundables caught, which in turn increases runestones. Plus runestone gifts, but that is a whole separate issue.

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    #704 April, 2020, 03:36 pm.

I started doing Fortresses since I am confined to home now (1 do about 4 a day now), because almost nothing else is left for me to do and because I want to expand my pages that require Fortress foundables... I started with about 100 of Legends of Hogwarts (I want to get Wild Boar finished) and I am down to my last 10... So putting them in Potions AND doing the Fortresses (which I don't like to do, but am now forced to) would be big NO-NO for me...

• RazorgirlRazorgirl Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    #905 April, 2020, 12:14 am.

I totally get where you’re coming from @AndyRozman. This is not something that will suit everyone. But I’m not suggesting that we *have* to use a Runestone to Brew a TTD, I’m suggesting this as an option.

Wanna blow all your Runestones for Fortress Challenges? Fine. Do that.

Need a Niffler to Prestige your page? Normally you’d go to a Magizoology Landmark to farm that ****, but since you can’t leave the house your only option is to brew and use 20 TTD and to hope you’re lucky at some point? If your luck is like mine, you’d probably end up Prestiging three other pages and still not see that damned Niffler. 😫🤣

So wouldn’t it be great if you now had the option to Manipulate your TTD to help you get it?

And yes, they could create a whole new object to do this, but they already have objects coded towards Registry Families so they don’t need to. Finding new ways to use existing assets means we’re far more likely to see something like this happen sooner.

And as has already been pointed out, Runestones are obtained every time you increase a Registry level, and from Gifts. So if you’re worried about running out, get a Friend to send you a Runestone gift. Or purchase a bundle of Level 1 Runestones from the Shop.

This game was designed for explorative play, not sedentary play. The game is not compatible with the word we live in now, so it needs to adapt and evolve in order to be viable and to compete against other gaming options that able to be played from a couch.

#1007 April, 2020, 12:32 am.

I really wish the profanity filter would change to use six asterisks instead of four when it masks a word. It keeps implying that I've used a four-letter word that is much worse than the seemingly harmless word that I actually used (and have no idea why it's been picked up as profanity). 😳🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1107 April, 2020, 03:28 am.

@Razorgirl We all have that issue. If it genuinely isn't a bad word, Lola and Blue will sometimes let us circumvent it by adding punctuation between the letters. I was responding to a French post and had the French word for "the" (plural) cause this issue. However, use that option wisely - misuse could lead to warnings.

(56 words)

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1207 April, 2020, 03:47 am.

@Razorgirl so anything violent, anything that could be misconstrued as **** will be tagged by the bot. Safer for making the forum kid friendly and lawyers happy. The rest of us just started playing mad libs with the starred words! 🤷‍♀️😂

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 #1307 April, 2020, 03:49 am.

See... The starred word above is defined as: "relating to the instincts, physiological processes, and activities connected with physical attraction or intimate physical contact between individuals."

#1407 April, 2020, 04:26 am.

😳

That definition blows my mind. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

#1507 April, 2020, 04:27 am.

And I still wish it didn't use four stars, because my potty-mouthed brain automatically adds four-letter words that are way worse than what I wrote!