Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Invest in Other Professions or Hoard Green/Red Books? — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Invest in Other Professions or Hoard Green/Red Books?

RavenKeitoRavenKeito Posts: 9 ✭✭
in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 31 March, 2020, 04:36 am.

Hello, Everyone! ヾ(๑╹ꇴ◠๑)ノ”

I recently Mastered the First Lesson of the Professor Profession (*phew!* Finally!). °˖✧ (*^▽^)/✧˖°

I was wondering if it was worth investing in the other professions or to keep hoarding my red/green books?

I've already spent only scrolls on the other 2 professions (quickly got to Level 6 in both Auror and Magizoologist), but to be honest, I'm too chicken to spend any books on them knowing how hard and tedious they are to get. (/ω\)

So I currently have 1,700+ Scrolls, 24 Green Restricted Books, and 20 Red Spell Books. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I've read rumors that some Beta people have access to another profession lesson tree.

If so, should I keep stockpiling my books for them?

Or is it worth building the other two professions? “φʕ•ᴥ•oʔ

(I must admit, the fact that it's so difficult to get just a couple of Red Spell Books at Rank 100+ in Challenges makes me wonder if I should keep hoarding my books? Maybe the future lesson is more difficult with even more Green/Red book requirements that this first tree [which seemed to take forever as it was] ... I honestly don't know. φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ )

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated! (୨୧ ❛ᴗ❛)✧

Have a great day, everyone, and thanks for taking the time to read my quite verbose inquiry! ₍₍ ( ๑॔˃̶◡ ˂̶๑॓)◞♡

---

P.S.

Sorry for all of the emoticons... being stuck at home for the mandatory quarantine gives me plenty of time to indulge in such silliness.

___φ(^∇^ )

Comments

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #229 March, 2020, 08:47 am.

Personally I am keeping my spell books and not multi-classing. I will wait and see what the next lesson plans bring

Seems to me WU is stalled and needs an expansion, if the next lesson plan increases attack / defence etc stats then by logical extension tower difficulty needs to increase too (along with rewards) leading to a power / level increase over time

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #329 March, 2020, 07:27 pm.

Still waiting to see what comes along with the posters of known criminals in our challenge families!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #430 March, 2020, 05:32 pm.

@RavenKeito btw, I love your ascii art! As for second professions... I spent green books on a second (magizoo) as well as scrolls, but doubt I will spend reds. Personally reds are much harder to acquire and I would like to keep them for lesson set 2 in my original profession (auror). But green books and scrolls got me almost to level 12 in magizoo!

If you want to read more discussions on multiple professions, search under "red books" for some stuff, and "second profession" for more detailed arguments.

• RavenKeitoRavenKeito Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #531 March, 2020, 12:29 am.

@Bormacska@OriginalCaruso, thanks for the input!(‐^▽^‐) I agree that WU is a little stalled and who knows what the next lessons will bring. You're right, all of the stats and challenges structures will need to be greatly adjusted. It'll be interesting to see what they do. Your thoughts make me lean towards keeping at least my green/red books for the time being until we learn more. ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ Thanks again!

@Bormacska, thanks for the compliment!! ♥~(‘▽^人) You make an excellent point that the red books are soooo much harder to get, so it's probably wisest to stock up on those for the time being. Thankfully the semi-frequent events provide a good number of green books at a time, so I could see myself spending those on the other professions, if that trend continues. ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦ I just wish we knew more about potential plans or timing so we could make better-informed decisions, hahaha! Thanks a bunch!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #631 March, 2020, 04:36 am.

@RavenKeito Totally unrelated to anything, but your little artwork confused me so much for about 5 minutes! The character you used for the eyes is the number 1 in our local language, so I kept trying to read it in that language and getting confused! I am so silly!