Manage some Mischief with the Marauders

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 795 admin
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 03 April, 2020, 08:38 am.

Those infamous purveyors of aids to magical mischief-makers are up to their old tricks and you’ll need all your wiles to stay one step ahead to beat them at their own game. Grab your Marauder’s Map and get ready to manage your mischief!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate, this event has been adjusted to help facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of your surroundings and of others nearby.

From March 31 at 12:01 a.m. - April 1 at 11:59 p.m. local time, keep an eye out for:

• Special Assignments with various rewards, including new Traces of Young James Potter, Young Sirius Black, Young Remus Lupin, and Young Peter Pettigrew.
  • As you progress through Special Assignments, you’ll encounter temporary changes to the Map. Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection Potions will also change based on which Special Assignments you’ve completed.
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring Spell Energy and Ingredients to brew Tonic for Trace Detection Potions.

Enjoy!

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    #326 March, 2020, 06:24 pm.

Any task detail yet? 🙂

edited March 26 #526 March, 2020, 07:08 pm.

Thank you @Dewin99 so just have to prepare 1 Tonic for first task then.

Edit : or 4 Tonic?

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #626 March, 2020, 07:10 pm.

Just the one by the look of it.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    #726 March, 2020, 07:20 pm.

I guess they changed the days. I think that's pretty cool the traces change with the player based on where they're at with the tasks

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26 #826 March, 2020, 09:18 pm.

@hpwulola yay for the marauders event! Really looking forward to it! Thanks for making it easier to play from home! 😃

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!!!

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited March 26 #926 March, 2020, 09:31 pm.

Augh! Can I get a landmark installed temporarily at home? :-).

And, 1 XP for part 1?

EDIT: Oh, whoops. This is serious: Can we get something like +50 spell energy for each part as an additional bonus?

edited March 26 #1026 March, 2020, 09:45 pm.

@Keybounce that is a good point regarding spell energy.

@hpwulola would that be possible? From each trace tonic used currently, I usually end up burning through 50-70 spell energy. Since the trace tonic and returning confoundables are going to be a big part of the event, having an energy bonus for each part of the special tasks would be a huge help, especially since many of us are stuck at home and therefore can’t go out to replenish our SE. There are spawns on the map which is an amazing addition, but for many they are far and between and therefore it can take ages to refill SE.

edited March 26 #1126 March, 2020, 10:26 pm.

For part 1, we need to return traces from the marauder's map, right?

There's no (apparent) boost to those. If we don't have a LoH flag at home, how do we get the 10 map traces?

EDIT: 5 of any family? Will the game actually count and tell us how many we've done from each family? Will be interesting to see.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1227 March, 2020, 06:34 am.

@Keybounce, we are looking for the MA marauders map... The finished version Harry used, not the unfinished LOH version. That one we get pieces of as we go through the tasks. 😁

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1327 March, 2020, 07:52 am.

@Keybounce The game has tracked x amount of any family before. Don't see how this is any different.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    #1427 March, 2020, 02:01 pm.

We've crossed over into Pokemon Go territory. 5 Great throws, um, er, traces in a row. If we manage to throw a Masterful, will that muck up the count? Or will a Masterful count as a Great?

#1527 March, 2020, 03:01 pm.

@xxxlindy in the past events anything above great seemed to count, just not anything below that. But maybe @HPWUblue or @hpwulola can give us a solid answer?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1627 March, 2020, 03:57 pm.

Lol @xxxlindy the first thing I thought when I saw the 5 great casts in a row task was "even after I stopped playing PoGo, I can't get away from that bloody spinda quest."

#1728 March, 2020, 04:54 am.

Hey, if a three-star enemy isn't formidable, then a masterful cast isn't great :-)

#1828 March, 2020, 05:25 am.

Task 1:

we are looking for the MA marauders map... The finished version Harry used, not the unfinished LOH version.

Fine. That's the RoR 3 page version, that i'm stuck on 4/4 because I've never seen hagrid's bike, have only found 2 cursed necklaces (those are fortress rewards), and have 0 of the 15 emergency time turners.

And I have no MA flags that I know of in town.

If only there was some official posting, here on this official forum, that would give us some indication that this was possible ... :-).

Oh, look! Orange Wizard has just posted a graphic saying that map spawns of this are increased in part 1. Nice.

Hmm. So part 1 map increases a common medium, and makes that the gating.

Part 2: TTD's increase a gating common medium, and map increases:

a - Medium and severe on hogwarts gate (gated by fortress knight bus. Severe might be useful)

b - Low and Medium on RoR4 (not fortress gated, may be very useful)

c - High on Kings Cross Station (2 fortress gates).

Well, part 2 should at least permit placing 3 images.

Part 3: TTD's increase a gating common low, and map increases:

a - Low and Medium on B&B (not fortress gated, may be very useful)

b - Medium and Severe on KA (gated by fortress Alley Sign. Severe might be useful)

c - High on Fallen Ministry Atrium (2 fortress gates).

Hmm, pattern. Should permit another 3 images.

Part 4: TTD's increase a gating high (not so common!), and map increases:

a - Medium on Ministry Atrium (no gates, may be very useful)

b - Severe on Ministry Atrium 2 (gated by fortress Fountain, may be useful).

c - Medium, High, and High on Courtroom 10 (2 fortress gates)

Different pattern ... 2-4 images?

Well, it will certainly give people a chance to get family runestones, and at least a few images into the registry.

So, it seems that even without a landmark near you, map spawns are still related to what you need. And TTD's will permit you to advance if you don't need those images anymore.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1928 March, 2020, 01:10 pm.

UPDATE

#2028 March, 2020, 02:56 pm.

No asset download for this "temporary changes to the map"?

Hoping the mischief-makers will spawning fortress, inn, and GH around home.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2128 March, 2020, 08:23 pm.

Thank you HPWU team for another great event based from home. Much appreciated!!

#2228 March, 2020, 10:43 pm.

@Kodokmag I did read on another discord that the DD's will not change. If you are in an inn on a COMC flagged area it will still mainly increase the COMC, not follow the game event of shifting to a different family. Let me see if I can find that post and put it up here.

#2329 March, 2020, 01:04 am.

Okay here is the discussion :

#2429 March, 2020, 04:16 am.

So i understand it as we need TTD as many as we could? Because emergency and severe will not be spawn as much and also considering about them to flee... 🤔

edited March 29 #2529 March, 2020, 04:56 am.

Looks like the portkey bug has been sorted. Just saw that the portmanteau distances have halved 😃

#2629 March, 2020, 08:04 am.

Nope. New portmantwos are shorter, more streamlined, like an energy-efficient subway car being tested by some men in black.

#2729 March, 2020, 01:10 pm.

I’ve been told it’s just the Brilliant portmanteaus that have had the distances halved, but the normal ones still have the same distance on them. I don’t have any normal ones yet to check. Maybe someone else can confirm?

@Keybounce do you mean that just the brilliant portmanteaus have the distance halved? Or something else? Apologies, I got slightly confused with your post.

#2829 March, 2020, 01:33 pm.

@Imaginatio I can confirm that only the Brilliant Portmanteaus are halved (from 3km to 1.5km). The 2km, 5km & 10km Portmanteaus are still ’normal’ distances.

#2929 March, 2020, 01:34 pm.

@Dewin99 thanks for confirming. Hopefully the normal portmanteaus will get halved soon as well. 😊

edited March 29 #3029 March, 2020, 01:37 pm.

@Imaginatio I hope so too! I got two 10km Portmanteaus this morning. Might take a while!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3129 March, 2020, 02:15 pm.

@Dewin99 you have the best luck with 10k portkeys!! Like always!!