Absurd difficulty increases? Not for me

EltinerEltiner Posts: 6
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 26 March, 2020, 10:06 pm.

I have a lot going on in my life but I had been using WU as a nice diversion but the obvious alterations to mechanics during events has finally hit the breaking point. Just had four (4) Masterful casts on a single Low Brilliant Trace resisted. I'm level 32. Yup, I'm done. I've seen this happen time and time again (but not to this extent) during special events where it takes twice as many casts to do the same thing for the needed quest achievements.

Just deleted the game from the phone.

Hopefully the powers that be will rethink this policy and maybe save others who feel as I do. In the meantime, the reclaimed time will be well used with reading, tidying and appeasing the cats

Comments

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #226 March, 2020, 06:36 pm.

According to the charts at https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2334/frustrating-foundables-the-threat-scale-explained#latest

A "low" threat can have a base return rate of 45%; this means that a beginning wizard has a 45-70% chance of success. At level 32, your chance of success ranges from 47-73%.

So you still have slightly more than 1/4th chance of failure with a masterful cast.

4 fails in a row? That's about a 1-in-200+ chance of happening, or 0.5%.

That's expected to happen to everyone at least once. Sorry you feel so upset about it.

If you had 70% success chance, and missed each? That's 0.3^4 or 0.8%, or about 1 in 120.

4 perfect, 73% fails? 0.53%. 1 in 188.

That's not changed odds. That's just RNG.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #326 March, 2020, 07:28 pm.

I'm almost level 34 and I've been having the same problem. One minute I'm able to catch a graphorn with one cast the next I'm having to do it 10+ times to get it to work, if it doesn't flee on me at that point. I thought things were supposed to be easier to catch the higher you go but clearly that's not true. Low and even medium threats should not be that hard to catch🤦🏼‍♀️

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #426 March, 2020, 09:38 pm.

It is true. You are expecting a massively larger bonus than what actually exists.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭
    #526 March, 2020, 10:06 pm.

I agree with @Keybounce explaining the percentages and RNG. A masterful cast is not necessarily a GUARANTEE unless (1) the hand on the threat clock points directly up and (2) your masterful is perfect and the arrow moves all the way to the right. Only if BOTH of those circumstances are met can you be guaranteed success. That doesn’t happen often, but you can force it with an exstimulo if necessary.

@Eltiner sorry to hear you’ve given up over something like RNG and odds. Mischief managed.