What makes something low/medium/high risk to the statue of secrecy?

KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 26 March, 2020, 06:18 pm.

So what is actually making something a certain level of risk to the statue of secrecy?

We're told that the strength of the confoundables protecting/keeping the foundables out of time/place is directly related to the risk of exposing the statue of secrecy. And ... that seems messed up.

Why, for example, is Fred Weasley, who would have no problem hiding being a wizard, considered a severe risk, or Snape considered a high risk, while some magical creatures that are obviously not normal considered a low risk?

The more I play, the less this makes sense.

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #226 March, 2020, 01:48 pm.

The way I understand it, it isn't the foundable that determins the risk but the confoundable-spell that does. So it's not Snape but the giant glass thing that is considered "high"

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭
    #326 March, 2020, 02:11 pm.

@Lucoire I think it is probably a mixture of both. I mean, a few vines are probably fine, but the mountain troll is the bigger threat to the statute, I would guess.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭
    #426 March, 2020, 04:53 pm.

@Lucoire Your thinking makes sense until you get to dragons. Why are two classified as severe and two as emergency?

It had been suggested by a couple of people that the severity level may influence the amount of spawns.

Our severe dragon doesn't spawn very frequently. (I have stats on all my dragons caught)

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #526 March, 2020, 06:18 pm.

@WerewolfChaser That's probably true for all oddities, my theory doesn't cover them.