Error Message while tapping wrackspurts in Brilliant Portkey; portkey lost without rewards

Tooch314Tooch314 Posts: 8 ✭✭
in Archive #1 latest comment 26 March, 2020, 05:00 pm.

I had unlocked 9 brilliant Circus Calamitous portkeys and was using a Baruffio potion. I was in my home, on the home wifi network with no outages. The game was struggling to load so I cleared all background apps and reopened the app. The app loaded, map files, and I went into my portkey folder to use the portkeys with the potion activated. The first portkey loaded the Circus Arcanus location, and the wrackspurts appeared. I could move the field of vision (AR off) but when I tapped a wrackspurt, the game froze and I got a loading symbol. After about thirty seconds, an error message popped up, saying "Error with portkey transportation." The only button option was "CONFIRM" and that brought me back out to the portkey lobby. I tried again, exact same results, closed the game, cleared phone, tried again. Nothing. Now I realized that I lost ALL THREE portkeys with no rewards!!! AND I burned a potion for no reason. Sorry I don't have pictures, was a bit unwilling to go back and burn a portkey just for the screenshots...

0 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Players get an error when a used portkey remains in the inventory and gets reopened.

Comments

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 565 mod
    edited March 24 #224 March, 2020, 07:35 pm.

Hi @Tooch314, thanks for reaching out! We've received similar reports where a Portkey might not disappear from its Inventory after being used. This might happen from a delay in syncing with the server, and could cause confusion leading players to attempt to open the same Portkey again.

I looked into your account and confirm that you've opened three Brilliant Portkeys, receiving their respective rewards when you opened them the first time. Then, you tried to use the same Portkeys multiple times (2+1+2 times), but since the Portkeys were already consumed, you got the error. You should still have 6 Portkeys and a 2 km Portkey Portmanteau in your Vault, please check. If you don't see them, try restarting the app. Hope this clarifies. Cheers!

• Tooch314Tooch314 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #324 March, 2020, 10:22 pm.

...I am going to admit I don't know how the data collection works, but that's not what happened. These were portkeys that I picked up at the end of the Part 1 of this brilliant event and I did not try to open them prior to today. When does the data say that I opened them? Also, the portkeys disappeared after the error message, so I don't understand how I could have tried to open them again. I also only attempted three portkeys so I don't know why the data shows 5 attempts. Is there someplace I can look at this data?

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 606 admin
    #425 March, 2020, 04:47 pm.

@Tooch314 the 3 portkeys were opened 3/24 near 11:15 am PDT. once you consume the portkey there is a game action that tells the server that the portkey was consumed and to remove the portkey from the inventory. In some cases, the game action and server call can get out of sync. Sync issues usually happen because of a slow connection, and can originate player side or server side. Another cause of this sync issue happens when players purposefully tap 1 wrackspurt, then leave the portkey to get all the rewards.

• portkey #1; 3km Brilliant, Brilliant Ringmaster 11:17am PDT - the game action and server call was out of sync so the portkey didn't get removed right away, then you tapped on this portkey 2 more times (11:18:16s am PDT) and you got the error both times
    • portkey #2; 3km Brilliant, Brilliant Ringmaster 11:18:43s am PDT - the game action and server call was out of sync so the portkey didn't get removed right away, then you tapped on this portkey 1 more time (11:18:51s am PDT) and got the error
    • portkey #3; 3km Brilliant, Brilliant Ringmaster 11:21:04s am PDT - the game action and server call was out of sync so the portkey didn't get removed right away, then you tapped on this portkey 2 more times (11:21:14s am PDT) and you got the error both times
    #525 March, 2020, 06:03 pm.

So what confuses me is that it sounds like this data shows that I opened each portkey and was able to collect the rewards, but when I ACTUALLY opened the portkey and tapped on a wrackspurt it crashed before I could "collect" any rewards and the portkey crashed without a rewards summary. I don't know how to prove to you what actually happened but that's what I saw. I care less about the portkey rewards than the potion since I didn't continue opening portkeys when they started to fail.

#626 March, 2020, 01:27 am.

@Tooch314 If you tap on 1 wrackspurt and experience a crash (no error), you still get all the rewards. You should get the rewards screen pop up, which it sounds like you didn't get so I can have the team look at the issue, but just by looking at your account data, I can verify that you got the rewards added to your account.

#726 March, 2020, 06:55 am.

Yeah a rewards screen popping up would have definitely clarified things. Still bummed about burning a Baruffios and not opening the rest of the portkeys while it was still running because of this error, but I appreciate you looking into this for me. Thanks!

#826 March, 2020, 05:00 pm.

@Tooch314 no problem. If you ran Baruffio's when you were opening the Portkeys, it still gets counted if you got awarded XP