Ongoing: After deleting a gift the next gift in the list freezes

cosk62cosk62 Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited June 5 in Known Issues #1 latest comment 17 June, 2020, 05:46 pm.

To reproduce:

• Open "Gifts to Send".
  • Delete any gift, as long as it's not the last gift in the list.
  • Try to interact with the gift that just moved up to replace the deleted gift in the list. Neither "Send" nor "Delete" have any effect.

Workaround: Close and reopen the Friends interface.

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
19 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #205 June, 2020, 11:14 am.

This issue is still present in version 2.13 (for me at least on Android)

Has it been acknowledged?

Similar reports here

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/6045/deleting-a-gift-sometimes-makes-the-next-gift-undeleteable

• TalathFTalathF Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #305 June, 2020, 11:48 am.

For me too, also android

• pk2317pk2317 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #405 June, 2020, 12:02 pm.

Also issue on iOS. Not always the next gift, but almost always after sending/removing gift from list, one (or more) gifts below it will be unable to interact with in any way.

Likely leftover glitch from previous version where lower gifts would "disappear" in this circumstance. Now they look like they're still there but the game won't let you interact with them.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #505 June, 2020, 01:32 pm.

I often see gifts freezing when sending gifts from the "Gifts To Send" view too, but I could not figure out a pattern as to when this happens. Could be some race condition. The "frozen" gift is always the gift right below the one you just sent.

• SpellweaverSpellweaver Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #605 June, 2020, 03:07 pm.

Another workaround is to scroll far away from the affected gift (if you have enough other gifts to scroll through), and it'll be interactable again when you scroll back. That might help the devs debug the issue.

• Hiti1Hiti1 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #705 June, 2020, 03:43 pm.

for me too, but I have a workaround:

start from the bottom of the gift list with sending gifts and go up. When sending I always start with the last runestone gift and then I go up. Same for deleting, I always delete the last gift on the list.

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #805 June, 2020, 06:45 pm.

@Hiti1 Yup, that's my preferred workaround. I always scroll all the way to the bottom, and then work my way up. I've been advising all of my friends to do this, since WB Games doesn't seem to want to acknowledge this bug.

• VanFanel842VanFanel842 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #905 June, 2020, 06:51 pm.

@hpwulola Can you take this bug out of archive? This still happens all the time on 2.13.1. Do you need a video or something to demonstrate this problem? Thank you.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 489 admin
    #1005 June, 2020, 08:29 pm.

We looked into this bug when we launched Friends and Gifting and found that an input error from the player-side connection causes the bug. There isn't a fix for this issue, but I acknowledge that workarounds aren't fantastic either.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 489 admin
    edited June 5 #1105 June, 2020, 11:35 pm.

I realize that more players would get into this situation, and closing this thread prevents the information from being shared. I also admit it came off offensive when I closed this thread, so apologies for that.

I am moving this to the known issue section for visibility even though we don't have an immediate fix and updating the title.

• VanFanel842VanFanel842 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1206 June, 2020, 12:54 am.

Awesome. Thank you @HPWUrobert. That makes perfect sense.

It's fine to have known issues with workarounds that don't need immediate fixes. Making it on the known issues will let the community know it's a known problem with a workaround so we don't get too many duplicate issues. There are much worse issues needing development resources: runestone selection lag comes to mind.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1309 June, 2020, 02:26 pm.

@HPWUrobert, this issue did not exist when Friends and Gifting were first launched - there was a possibly related, but different issue - sending or deleting a gift would sometimes leave an empty slot in the gift list. The current issue showed up in the same release that fixed the "empty slot" issue.

Could you please double check that this was indeed the bug that was looked into when Friends and Gifting was launched?

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1417 June, 2020, 05:46 pm.

I’ve found that if I delete gifts from the bottom up I don’t experience this issue at all. I have however gotten overzealous and deleted exceptional gifts on accident thus way ;)