How to Group Fortress with Social Distance

OwlxOwlx Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Stories #1 latest comment 23 March, 2020, 07:49 pm.

Hi to all the wonderful witches and wizards

I'm amazed by the ingenuity of this evolving idea in our community wanted to share it.

If you know me from here, you may have read about the local discord group I am part of..MN WU HUB. (Link and invite can be found in local groups)

We hold Saturday Fortress Frenzy, 1 to 5 pm at a local sponsored mall. Not possible or safe now.

We're all itching to fortess together. Our group's idea keeps us safe and united and group Fortressing.

A wizard shouted out on our discord asking about local places with Fortresses that can be reached from parking lots.

So several people shared locations where parking won't trespass or impede business. Additionally one of the fabulous officers for our discord created voice channels in our discord with the best Hogwarts themed names so we can Fortress, talk, and still be isolated (and United).

Maybe it will work for other communities or groups.

Maybe it will spark other ideas from other players.

Stay safe, be well, Happy Pottering

@hpwulola @HPWUblue

@Ginnungagap @Toytracker

Tag me if you have questions.

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #222 March, 2020, 01:31 pm.

Yes to all of this PLEASE! I am on day 5 of isolation due to my kiddo being tested for Coronavirus and am having a bit of cabin fever. I did get in my car yesterday while my kiddo slept and went to an in. To play in my car and didn’t leave my car or role down the window or anything. Besides there was literally NO ONE on the road or anywhere.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #322 March, 2020, 03:13 pm.

I heard from the group yesterday in the car and using discord voice channels to talk went really well.

Hoping try it soon.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #422 March, 2020, 04:08 pm.

They’ve enforced a law here that’d allow the police to arrest a gathering of 3 or more people! Our usual fortressing group is pretty bummed about that.

If if only we could floo powder it to a fortress. Perhaps then maybe I’d be able to fortress with y’all too!

#522 March, 2020, 04:46 pm.

Each member of the group was in a different car so isolated from each other. Found a sponsored fortress with a big parking lot.

Not sure where you are. Very glad to see you post! Does your group use or have a discord?

#622 March, 2020, 04:47 pm.

Also someone suggested a fortress feature that would be like in pokemon go battle

Love to see Fortress like that

#723 March, 2020, 03:30 pm.

PSA if Fortressing from car concider your car battery 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Yep my car battery died. 🥴 before my phone battery. Good thing i was close to home and muggle hubby laughed at me and csme to the [email protected]

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #823 March, 2020, 07:49 pm.

@Owlx oh no!! Glad you were rescued!