20 gifts too much

Uli14Uli14 Posts: 12 ✭✭
in Gifts #1 latest comment 17 March, 2020, 03:06 pm.

Hi everyone

honestly I was excited when the game originally started gifts. I’ve played from the beginning and certain features have improved (I.e. potions last longer than one spell cast). Honestly I think 20 gifts opened in one day is too much. I had limited myself to 50 friends so I could keep up with gifting. I found that some

( including the most vocal commentators on this blog ) just take gifts and rarely give them back and I don’t need friends like that. Now just a couple days into the new gifting I see things are getting worse. I realize no one wants to pay to play (I don’t). I think 20 gifts should be reconsidered and focus on other game improvements.

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #216 March, 2020, 07:35 pm.

Having a 20 gift per day limit in and of itself is not a bad change. We all need to understand though that for the foreseeable future many people will have a hard time getting enough gifts to send out every day. Just accept that gifting may be unusual for a while and don't stress too much if folks can't reciprocate your gifts.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #316 March, 2020, 08:06 pm.

@Uli14 I'm sorry you are having such trouble with the gifting process right now.

I know in my case, I am vocal on here and at one point posted my friend code for people who needed to meet certain tasks and were rural and might want Spell energy. To date my list sits at 110. That means for those who have contacted me and ask I send something other than SE (which is easiest for me to send), I end up spending an hour or sometimes two, just fortressing to pick up enough gifts to pass along.

I don't mind sending out gifts, but cannot always afford to spend that kind of time on the game. I also don't open someone's gift unless I have sent something in return, which means many people may sit for a while until I can get to them.

It used to take 11 days for me to get through my list. The 20 gifts doesn't help me out actually, but it is temporary. Yes, I could prune, but who? The gifting system shows regular players (that I know play daily) as not playing for 2+ days. So for me I won't cut people that way. I've said many times that if what I've sent isn't what people want, drop me from the list. The same goes for you, choose to drop people, go online, be it here, discord, Facebook, Instagram, etc and find people who are willing and able to trade daily with you for the things you want.

As I am now in a state of lock down since our governor closed all parks and gathering spaces, gifting for me is reduced to what I have access to. I imagine that this will continue for a while longer and we as humans just get to adapt. Learn to find the positive and shift it to suit your needs. Best of luck to you.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #416 March, 2020, 08:09 pm.

I agree with @MtPollux. With shutdowns everywhere across the world, it’s difficult for people to obtain gifts to send if they can’t leave their houses. Do t take it personally if your gifts are not reciprocated @Uli14. For example, I always give gifts, regardless of whether I’ve received one from someone or not. But the last few days I haven’t really been able to go anywhere, so my gifts to send are nonexistent. This is why I suggested they spawn them on the map just like they did with spell energy. Otherwise you can open 20, but no one may have any to open anyway.

• Uli14Uli14 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #517 March, 2020, 10:39 am.

This was happening before the shutdown. I was just trying not to encourage greediness in a fun game. But go figure some are just greedier than others and don’t share. This was just feedback I’m not letting it ruin my play.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #617 March, 2020, 03:06 pm.

@Uli14 I choose to not view the gifting issue as “greed” as some people just aren’t able to get out and get the gifts and also with the bug that has been happening since February 13 my gifts that I am able to send out has been cut in half. So I have to get.ind at fortresses (when I can) in order to send out some kind of gift and I haven’t found an extravagant spell energy gift since March 8 so I feel bad that I can’t reciprocate extravagant gifts.

Some people are just in different situations especially right now. But if you feel like people are being “greedy” then just cut them out of your list. It is really that simple.