Gameplay Updates (updated on May 4)

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
edited May 4 in Announcements #1 latest comment 05 June, 2020, 03:52 am.

Hi everyone,

Here is a timeline of all updates to to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, effective until further notice.

3/12/20 Updates

• Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal Traces more frequently
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will have Master Notes effectiveness increased from 15% to 50%
  • Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently, especially those needed for Tonic for Trace Detection
  • Traces will appear on the Map more frequently
  • Spell Energy will appear on the Map
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring 4 Tonics for Trace Detection
  • The amount of Gifts that can be opened each day will be increased from 10 to 20

3/17/20 Updates

• To help with indoor gameplay, Spell Energy Gifts collected after 3/17 at 3pm PDT will now include increased amounts of Spell Energy ⚡️
  • We are still working on the 1/2 Distance Portkey update. We are going to hold this until we are able to release it without issues. The current eta is later this month, we will keep you updated. Thank you for understanding!

4/06/20 Updates

We've made temporary updates to the Daily Tasks.

• 'Dine at 2 Inns' daily task will be replaced with 'Use 1 Tonic for Trace Detection.'
  • 'Complete 1 Wizarding Challenges' daily task will be replaced with 'Earn 750 Wizarding XP.'

These updates are being rolled out now and should be reflected on your app within the next 1-2 days.

4/15/20 Updates

• Portkeys acquired after the update will have their distance requirement decreased by half until further notice.
  • Landmarks will be disabled on the Map until further notice.

5/4/20 Updates

We have made temporary updates to the Daily Tasks

• The reward for 'Pick up one ingredient or Portmanteau from the Map' has been increased to 20 Spell Energy
  • The task 'Earn 750 Wizarding XP' has been changed to 'Earn 1500 Wizarding XP'
  • The task 'Use Tonic for Trace Detection 1 Time' has been changed to 'Complete 1 Wizarding Challenge'

Please stay tuned on this thread for future updates. Thank you everyone!

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #214 March, 2020, 07:41 am.

Since corona has pandenim, game update has rework for inside home. Good luck for safe home!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #314 March, 2020, 08:01 am.

Thanks for keeping us updated, @hpwulola. Earlier, half distance portkeys were mentioned but this has since reverted. Presumably it was bugged. Will we see this return, do you think?

• TaneTane Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #514 March, 2020, 11:05 am.

I had 5 portkeys just ready to open and they all disappeared with this update and took all my silver keys with them. Great.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #614 March, 2020, 12:01 pm.

@hpwulola earlier portkeys had reduced distance but now they have reverted and reset distance with that. I guess that was just a bug?

#714 March, 2020, 12:20 pm.

@Magpie31 I saw that too. I'm assuming it was just a glitch though I hope not. Bummed!

• StirlingpiperStirlingpiper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #814 March, 2020, 05:02 pm.

Ah!! Thank you so much! I love being able to continue game play, give gifts and the extra energies are awesome! Have fun everyone! Love it!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #914 March, 2020, 06:19 pm.

Thank you HPWU team for these quick changes. Two issues I am running into:

1. We are allowed to open up to 20 gifts a day which is fantastic but if we aren’t able to get out to inns, GH, and fortresses then we won’t be able to send out gifts. (Especially since half the inns I went to this morning I get the same error message “internet connection lost” so I am not able to collect from the inns & GH so that impacts my ability to even gather gifts to send out) I was only able to get two gifts this morning to send out. So maybe all inns and GH give out gifts for the time being?
    2. I was at my mom’s this morning which is where I will be if/when we are quarantined and I popped a TTD and tons of traces appear but no spell energy on the ground and no ingredients. She lives in a subdivision in a busy part of town so hopefully when we pop a TTD that will also draw spell energy and ingredients

I am so grateful that HPWU has changed up the game play for the time being. Another issue is if we aren’t able to get out then we won’t be able to complete our daily tasks. Just my personal thoughts as I don’t live by a fortress and one isn’t within walking distance.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #1114 March, 2020, 06:42 pm.

Thank you so much! It would be great something like a super tonic for emergency traces detection (if you can't use dd in inns) and something like "rent a fortress" for 30 minutes :-)

We have to stay safe at home so we appreciate much!!!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #1314 March, 2020, 09:18 pm.

Thanks you so much for these very welcome assists in our Pottering while we deal with COVID-19. Husband and I have self-quarantined ourselves for an extra layer of safety (here in the US) and these changes will allow me to continue gameplay.

Much appreciated!

Here's hoping all Wizards and Muggles everywhere come out on the other side of this mess with as few problems as possible.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1414 March, 2020, 11:33 pm.

Does Coronavirus affect wizards and witches??? 🤣🤣

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15 #1515 March, 2020, 04:15 am.

popped a TTD out of boredom

at halfway point and so far still bored ... in first 15 minutes, all mundane traces, same brilliant traces, plus 1 gryffindor student. seriously, what’s the point of boosting TTD if it continues to draw just the same kinds of hohum stuff, only a bit more frequently ?!?!

#1615 March, 2020, 04:30 am.

well, that was mostly a waste of 30 minutes and a TTD (even if free) ... second half was more of the same, with the single exception of a red-plumed prof. mcgonagall trace in the last 30 seconds of the TTD

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #1715 March, 2020, 06:54 am.

Traces page registry is smoother for me. Although i whish SE is as easy as plugging my charger. Still have to wander around to pick up SE on map.

Anyway to get gift easier from inn?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1815 March, 2020, 02:00 pm.

@kiheikid I agree that sounds like a frustrating trace tonic experience, but that McGonagall made it worth it. Honestly, I'd use tonics 3 or 4 at a time if I could get McGonagall from it.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1915 March, 2020, 04:24 pm.

Thanks for all the changes, team!!! They’re amazing. Seriously :3

I definitely agree that there should be talks about changing the daily assignment for the fortress battles too. Since (at least in my town) all the fortresses are in the most crowded areas possible (malls and parks).

I know there’s another discussion going on about it already, but would love to know if it’s something you guys are at least considering @hpwulola :3

#2015 March, 2020, 05:51 pm.

@hpwulola - because many of us can no longer complete the daily assignments of dining at 2 inns and/or completing a wizarding challenge at a fortress, we ca no longer get the 10 gold coins reward for completing all 7 daily assignments. maybe gold coins can start appearing on the map just like spell energy has ? or at least increase the frequency of a gold coin reward as a bonus in successful trace encounters ?

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #2115 March, 2020, 06:12 pm.

Thanks for the adjustments, Niantic! It was wonderful to be able to have more Traces than I could even complete in 30 minutes pop-up. Rare or not, it's nice to be able to play a lot of the game at home.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15 #2215 March, 2020, 06:44 pm.

@kiheikid I just popped a TTD and am only halfway through my time. Got Hagrid’s umbrella, self-playing harp, and Dumbledore’s Army dueling dummy. All things that are hard to come by. Now I’m not saying this is the norm for everyone right now, but it’s better than usual. Plus with spell energy on the ground, I can knock out 30 traces and build my energy back up, all while increasing my xp. Win win.

Edit: add to that a second Hagrid’s umbrella, quidditch World Cup, and a bonus silver key.

Now to refill my energy and pop another one.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
    #2315 March, 2020, 09:15 pm.

Thanks for this feedback! As the situation continues, I know the team will continue to brainstorm things we can do. I will update you when I learn anything!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2415 March, 2020, 09:43 pm.

*@hpwulola is our queen* 🎼🎼🎼

• BristolbachelorBristolbachelor Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2515 March, 2020, 10:51 pm.

I'm in Madrid and not allowed to leave the house except to occasionally buy food. Buying food allows me to go 500m, and I don't pass an in or fortress. HPWU is going to have to rest :-(

It's a shame I'm not even going to finish the first task on the circus, let alone the bonuses.

• D1eD1eD1eD1eD1eD1e Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2616 March, 2020, 01:25 am.

My suggestion is to

1. turn off all inns, greenhouses and fortresses.
    2. turn on all previous brilliant event foundables so people can collect foundables they previously may have missed.
    3. start part 2 sooner than planned and increase all foundables numbers into the hundreds needed to place images
    4. update the daily tasks to reflect not being able to leave the house.

a few things I have noticed is that my house I get maybe a few spell energy on the map an hour. If I walk 20m up the road to the inn at the end of my street I get 10-15 drops of spell energy on the map.

the TTD I have been using has not once spawned anything more rare than a brilliant event foundables. Maybe they could be updated to include a minimum of one high or greater foundables per use.

Overall I have to say that the implementation for HPWU has been 1000x better than Pogo and I couldn’t have been more thankful and impressed

#2716 March, 2020, 02:28 am.

I will probably end up finishing the bonus anyway but for people that can't leave the house I hope some of the daily tasks can be changed up for something players can complete inside to pass the time. I really wish inside movements counted, if only temporarily. I like @D1eD1eD1e suggestion about previous event foundables! I look forward to seeing what yall can come up with

#2816 March, 2020, 02:45 am.

@MrSciGuy - happy to hear that your TTD was more useful to you than my TTD was to me.

i’ll try to pop my next TTD at dawn and hope it will at least bring a doxy or two 🤞🏼

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2916 March, 2020, 03:02 am.

@kiheikid like I said, I can’t guarantee that experience for all. But even just getting one thing out of those 30 that you normally don’t see often makes it worth it.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #3016 March, 2020, 11:17 am.

Maybe could we have an SE increase from normal aka pesky spell energy gift. Say, become 5 or 6 SE. So that we not be picky getting a gift from an inn, thus our time wandering outside will be shorter.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #3116 March, 2020, 12:45 pm.

It would really cheer us up during isolation if the new classes were to be released.