Removing fortress and inn daily assignments until the Covid pandemic ends

hermioneeowynphermioneeowynp Posts: 12 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 05 April, 2020, 01:37 am.

Not everyone has fortress and inn access from home, so those tasks will be left undone if we are doing online school/work. This would be a great addition to the other Covid changes. Thanks!

Comments

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #214 March, 2020, 05:49 am.

I like the idea, and maybe they will consider it temporarily. I have suggested the same thing in the past but was told it would take too much to change daily tasks for reasons I can't recall. It would be way more convenient, especially now

• RazorgirlRazorgirl Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    #314 March, 2020, 06:10 am.

Maybe change the daily task for "attempt 1 Fortress Challenge" to "open 1 Runestone Gift".

And change "Visit an Inn x2" to "Open a Spell Energy Gift twice".

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #414 March, 2020, 06:28 am.

Not everyone has gifts!

If you don't visit a community forum, you don't have a friend list. And it's possible to empty your runestone or energy gift supply over two or three days.

Besides, someone else had to go to a fortress to send you a runestone gift

• hermioneeowynphermioneeowynp Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #514 March, 2020, 10:04 am.

Maybe replace the inn assignment with picking up spell energy twice?

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #614 March, 2020, 02:36 pm.

Probably more challenging than it sounds, but to combat us not being able to venture out to collect gifts to give, it would be cool for random gifts to occasionally pop up on the map throughout the day, just like spell energy. Not for you to open but for you to send. Part of daily task temporarily could be collect 10 gifts to send to friends. The game will not let you pick up more than 10, and you don’t know what you’re picking up, just like portkeys.

#714 March, 2020, 06:31 pm.

If you have no one to send gifts to?

Do you send surplus gifts to the ministry?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #814 March, 2020, 07:34 pm.

If you don't visit a community forum, you don't have a friend list.

Uhm, no. I didn't add anyone from the community forum and even I have more than 15 people in my friendslist.

#914 March, 2020, 10:02 pm.

Fair. Alright then: A very large number of people who do not visit any sort of forum or discord or other on-line gathering site will not have any friends in their friends list because either they have yet to meet someone playing, are not allowed to talk to strangers, choose not to, or don't know anyone else that does play.

Better?

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #1015 March, 2020, 02:53 pm.

Floo powder to inns and fortresses. I miss fortress battles.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1115 March, 2020, 04:17 pm.

That would be so cool if there was a way to simulate going to fortresses without actually going to them!

But I definitely agree we need to change the fortress at the very least. With fortresses being at parks or malls, those are the most crowded areas, so it’s pretty dangerous right now. Too many countries are in lockdown, and there are more to follow.

I wonder if it would be easier to actually allow us to request temporary map changes. If we could request for an inn to turn into a fortress in a place that had very little activity? Pokémon go has gyms in less crowded areas, and I think that’s one way to work with it.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1215 March, 2020, 05:22 pm.

@Keybounce and @Lucoire you can add me as a friend if you would like. I am struggling to get gifts but always try to share the wealth.

9808 0516 7107

#1305 April, 2020, 01:28 am.

I do not get how anyone struggles to have 20+ Friends for this game when FB and Instagram exist.

Open FB. Search: Harry Potter Wizards Unite. There are several global groups. You’ll probably find one specifically for your State and/or City. Join them, look for the thread that says, “add your friend code here”, and use all the codes already posted. Done.

I haven’t added randoms from the internet but then I didn’t need to. I hit 20+ Friends by adding RL friends that started playing when the game launched. Maybe I know more gamers than most players. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Admittedly most of them have stopped playing and I’ve since replaced them with people that play in my city.

Some people have 150+ Friends to ensure that they always have Gifts coming in. I prefer quality to quantity. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you want Challenge XP, you do Fortress Challenges. If you want Friends in the game, you can go to whichever social media platform you already use to find them. You don’t need insider knowledge, it’s available in the online spaces we already use. You just have to take the 10 seconds it takes to do a search to find them.

#1405 April, 2020, 01:37 am.

Back to the topic of this thread...

+1 to removing these tasks from the Daily Tasks until they introduce new mechanics to allow remote access to Buildings.

Eg.

• An Energy Gift gives me an unlocked Portkey that I can use to travel to the Inn that Gift came from and to get a meal from within that Inn as if I was there.

Same goes for Ingredients Gifts and Runestones Gifts.

That would mean I could farm four Runestone Gifts from the Fortress that’s across the road from where I live, send them to Friends, and we coordinate them using their Portkeys to travel to my Fortress all at the same time so that we can do a Fortress Challenge together.