March Event Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 561 admin
edited March 16 in Announcements #1 latest comment 13 March, 2020, 04:25 pm.

This March, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite players will have a host of mischievous in-game events and new Foundables to contend with. Restore balance to the wizarding world by putting a stop to the Calamity’s latest array of hijinks, antics and shenanigans during these newly announced March events.

Here is the March event calendar:

This month, join in the fun during the following times:

March 10 - March 17: Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event Part 1

• Return Brilliant Circus Arcanus Foundables from the 1920s that are on the loose, including the Zouwu and Graphorn.

March 24 - March 31: Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event Part 2

• Continue to help the return of lost Brilliant Circus Arcanus Foundables from the 1920s including Nagini and the Kappa.

March 31 - April 2: Magical Mischief Event

• Grab your Marauder’s Map and make some magical mischief of your own with the young Marauders themselves: James, Sirius, Remus and Peter.

Update: This month's Community Day has been postponed. We'll keep you updated as the situation develops.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #206 March, 2020, 02:58 pm.

Another exiting busy month! Yay!

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #306 March, 2020, 03:07 pm.

Hello everyone!

Did You notice a new Newt Scamander foundables?!?...

I am excited to find him!

...at the same time he is already a difficult to find on the other page:

I hope, since they added a second one to find they will make both of them more available, 😃...

Ciao for now!

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #507 March, 2020, 01:51 pm.

Where are the house elves? 4 named, all essential to the plot of the novels. More important than Grawp or Seamus Finnigan.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭
    #607 March, 2020, 03:16 pm.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the Zouwu, Nagini and the Kappa.

• AlchemyMajorAlchemyMajor Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #707 March, 2020, 06:08 pm.

I am a fan of "Crimes of Grindelwald" and the circus was my favorite visual effect. Can't wait to get started!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭
    #807 March, 2020, 06:59 pm.

@AlchemyMajor I’m with you on that! It’s a great film, and the circus scene was brilliant.

I loved the Zouwu and Nagini especially.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #907 March, 2020, 08:05 pm.

@hpwulola Not to anger my local community, but is there a reason why you didn't exclude Washington state from this coming CD? Or at least west of the Cascades? Not that I mind, but Seattle and the surrounding area isn't exactly a hub of health right now. 😷🤒

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    #1007 March, 2020, 11:16 pm.

@Bormacska is that where you live? I am afrai by the time CD happens there will be certain parts of the states under quarantine.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 92 ✭✭
    #1107 March, 2020, 11:21 pm.

@Bormacska @ClairabusGryff since a problem corona virus, CD in italy, japan and south korea has postponed, so better next time in CD!

#1208 March, 2020, 12:27 am.

@ClairabusGryff I live right outside of the epicenter. Our usual haunts for fortressing, and CD meet ups for my group is in Kirkland where the most cases are.

Several major companies have already told employees to work from home the rest of the month and try to self isolate. It isn't a panic, but it is amazing how many people insist they aren't sick and show up to work. I would rather the community be safe versus being insistant that "it won't be me, I'm invincible" attitude.

#1308 March, 2020, 12:33 am.

@Yohanes12 postponed doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it will be delayed by a week or two.

The flu is still very active as well here and people don't always err on the side of caution. Until they have a better understanding of Covid - 19, especially in areas of breakout, being cautious is the smarter way.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭
    #1408 March, 2020, 02:32 am.

@Bormacska From the list, it looks like it is the WHO dangerous level listed countries / regions that are postponed (those that are able to access WU, depending on local internet restrictions). The Washington area, France, Germany, Singapore etc are thr next threat level down from this.

Having said all that, I would still be liable for a $500 fine and compulsory quarantine plus unpaid time off work if I set foot in any of those places. Our government is taking this stuff very, very seriously.

#1508 March, 2020, 07:30 am.

Yeah, had a brief discussion with Fazes, Seattle is in their discussions for postponement, but that will be discussed this coming week. So the second tier may still be on the table for postponing CD.

I wish the rest of us had to be held as responsible for our actions and choices in some way, perhaps we wouldn't have people wandering about after exposure to contagious illnesses!

#1608 March, 2020, 02:27 pm.

Wow @Magpie31 Thailand is imposing pretty sever penalties as they should. It amazes me that in the states it’s more deaths and more states that have Covid but what are we doing? NOTHING. Except Washington state but that sounds to being driven locally and some at the state level. I am in awe that parts of the country haven’t been put into quarantine. I believe it is coming though.

@Bormacska i hope and pray you stay healthy but am just in shock that our leader has said by this past week there were going to be five cases of Covid and 1.5 million tests completed. But here we are with right at 400 cases and last count I heard 1,890 tests performed. Are we waiting until all 50 states have over 50 cases each? It is scarey and I would be one of those people (if exposed) that would end up in the hospital due to having asthma.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭
    #1708 March, 2020, 02:59 pm.

@ClairabusGryff wow. I didn't realise the numbers were so high over there. The official case count here is 50, despite the virus hitting Thailand very early on and having the first confirmed human to human transmission. I am not sure whether the low case count is due to strict measures (including compulsory screening in all public places, such as shopping malls), and the culture here (wais not handshakes, multiple showers a day, wearing masks), or if there is a low case count because it hasn't been detected somehow. Strict measures have their advantages, but it is leaving things very up in the air. For example, I am job hunting at the moment and many places aren't even considering hiring yet because they don't know if they will have client numbers in a couple of months! And even if I did get a job, sorting new visas would be tricky due to flight restrictions.

I sincerely hope that everyone out there stays safe. Remember hand washing routines and avoid touching your face if you can!

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #1810 March, 2020, 12:51 pm.

Two things:

1. The calendar lists the 3 day event as a three day event, yet I thought it was rescheduled as a midnight to midnight event. This stinks, because I have been needing that third morning to finish all of these 3-days so far (granted, only 2 so far), and this means I'll probably fail.

2. As a work-around for all the "restricted movement" zones, how about just guaranteeing that the server will spawn whatever you need, whereever you are playing? That way you can play from home.

Granted for 2, it's less of a community day, but maybe there will be some sort of virtual "port-key to where a friend is playing, and share their location while standing still in your house" option?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1912 March, 2020, 06:47 am.

Im loving the events calendar! How awesome is this game that we get so many challenges & tasks to keep us on our toes & to fill pages & always new foundables!!?

I'm defo with @Owlx on making the Zouwu a permanent thing- i know we talked about it months ago didn't we saying we would love a new page with that & the kappa & Nagini & house elves would be great.

Im REALLY looking forward to the marauders map event and Remus!! At last ! Yesssss!! Woohoo! Gonna b awesome that one 😃

It's awful the effect the virus is having everywhere & such a difficult time. Hopefully any who miss out on CD at the time can pick it up soon after. Tbh I often end up having to solo CD and rush around like a woman possessed completing the tasks. But i kno many members have gr8 groups they meet with & it's just a tough time for many atm. Hoping everyone stays safe.

Meantime tho theres still so much to do on the game, i seem to be one fragment just short on all of my gold pages....find that very annoying! Lol

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #2012 March, 2020, 11:37 pm.

So ... This is the official forum, right? And this is the official event announcment place, right?

And we (the players) have been complaining that this forum isn't getting official information posts, right?

So, why are the details of CD available on the fan run discord, and not the official forum? Not even in-game yet? (At least not according to my newsletter).

Yep, even restarting the app doesn't update the newsletter/SOS report with the community day details.

So, the fan discord has more info than either the game or the official support forum?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    #2113 March, 2020, 12:32 am.

Update: community day is postponed.

#2213 March, 2020, 03:08 pm.

Also please note that the above post is from the discord 👆👆👆! Frustrating!

#2313 March, 2020, 04:25 pm.

@Keybounce you wrote everything I have been questioning. I started a separate post on it and not a single response from the HPWU team. I asked where should we get the MOST CURRENT information from? I made the assumption that this site was the go to for the most current info but I have found that the most current information is coming out of Discord so I have started playing around there trying to figure it out. I personally prefer this site just simply because of the people and trying to help new players navigate the game.