Is there a fix for the daily assignments bug yet?

JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 18 November, 2020, 07:10 am.

Sorry to come back with bad news, but I did all my dailies today (including 10 fortress battles), and NOTHING counted for my daily tasks.

I didn’t notice anything was off, because I like picking them up all at once when I finish everything. Well... I had just finished another task... went to check to see what was left... and saw everything was absolutely blank.

it’s the ONE TIME I forgot to force close and restart the app for the day. And now I can’t go back out to do anymore fortress battles, so I lost my 10 gold...

I've been incredibly good about this bug, but this was bound to happen sooner or later. Will there ever be a fix for this? It’s been a long time now :/

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 March, 2020, 04:42 pm.
  • ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 March, 2020, 04:59 pm.

This happened to me yesterday too even after I force closed my app which I do every night and then again when I wake up on a new day. I noticed that nothing was counting at like 2pm. So I was able to still get everything done. I don’t quite understand how this hasn’t been fixed as we are able to get our daily bonus when the clock resets so why wouldn’t the daily tasks reset also? I just don’t get it.

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #405 March, 2020, 02:22 pm.

Happened to me this morning

I too am pretty good about ensuring the tasks are registering before getting to far. But this morning i failed to check it until after the fortress battle.

As a software engineer, for bugs like this to persist is incomprehensible.

Unless intentional, anything that impacts the end users experience ought to get an elevated priority. Additionally, there is this notion of regression testing to ensure the dead stay dead 💀

For the ambitious, there is a lot of opportunity here!

Love the game!

Make good choices!

• OsuwesternOsuwestern Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 6 #506 March, 2020, 01:24 pm.

I cannot even get to the task page. Everything else works, but when I try to go the task page I just get a black screen and then kicked back out to the map. This is the second day I have noticed this. It's super annoying that I cannot get daily credit for the tasks.

It's working now!!!

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #606 March, 2020, 04:56 pm.

The only thing that I have found that works is manually going to the daily task list.

Restarting the app does not fix it.

Waiting for it to auto-reset does not fix it.

Manually visiting/viewing the daily task page does.

• zimbariazimbaria Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #725 March, 2020, 02:53 pm.

Same happened to me this morning - activities all counted toward the calamity event but nothing counted toward daily tasks. And "stay at home" order started after I finished the morning activities so I am really not supposed to revisit the fortress. :( Really stinks!!!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #825 March, 2020, 03:00 pm.

@zimbaria oh noooo that’s even worse. I am so sorry. But I’m also glad you’re keeping safe. But seriously. That really sucks 😖

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #925 March, 2020, 07:58 pm.

I have to manually open the daily tasks every morning for them to register. And get annoyed when I forget until afternoon/evening.

However, when there’s a brilliant event on I don’t have to. it seems because the brilliant achievement page is active, my dailies are too. Finish the event and I have to go back to opening manually.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    #1025 March, 2020, 11:28 pm.

I always say hello to my avatar everytime i wake up in the morning. While at it check/tap the suitcase tab and back. Never have problem with daily reward/daily tasks.

• RosieNuRosieNu Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1118 November, 2020, 07:10 am.

This is still a problem, I try to log in to daily task screen but occasionally forget and it is so frustrating. Why has this been going on for so long?