[Story][Inn/Greenhouse] Invasion Campaign
As a player of Pokemon GO - and a fan of the "Team R-o-c-k-e-t" Invasion - I'd like to see that idea adapted to HPWU.
The world of Harry Potter is full of danger - even without the Calamity; there are various sorts of threats:
- wild beasts
- devious monsters (humanoid and non-humanoid)
- malicious BBEG's
So far we've always been the ones chosing when and how to engage. But no more.
In Pokemon GO there is one particular group of evildoers called "Team R-o-c-k-e-t" which (for various ideological reasons) tend to radically oppose the players in an agressive manner. They've "corrupted" Pokestops, reducing the item-output of said POI. In order to "cleanse" it and restore the item-output player need to defeat the TR-Member and it's pokemon. Additionally they gain an opportunity to catch a special variant of Pokemon from this encounter.
The basic Feature:
- Random Inns and Greenhouses will be "invaded", having it's output reduced for the duration of the invasion. As soon as the "invader" is defeated, the output will be restored.
- Visually, this is represented by a changed color of the POI to completely black. Additionally, if you're really close, the Invader will be displayed next to the POI.
There will be several sorts of Invasions:
- Auror-Themed Invasions (Dark Wizards / Deatheaters / Corrupted Ministry Employees / IMPERIUS-cursed Wizards, etc) exclusively invade Inns.
- Magizoologist-Themed Invasions (Agromantulas, Erklings, Chimera, Flobberworms, Fariries, Graphorn, Kneazle, etc) exclusively invade Greenhouses.
- Professor-Themed Invasions (Werewolves, Pixies, Vampires, Trolls, Ogres, etc) invade both Inns and Greenhouses
- Unspecific Invasions (Dragons, Ghuls, Gnomes, Merpeople, Basilisk, Dementors, Naga, Maledictus) also invade both Inns and Greenhouses
The difficulty of the enemy depends on the Profession-Level of the Player:
- As strong (roughly) as an ELITE-5*-Enemy in the highest WHITE Fortress-Floor (which depends on the currently active Profession of the Player)
- The reward (obviously) scales with the difficulty
The reward for defeating the invasion depends partly on the type of POI that was invaded:
- An INN-Invasion will reward a special meal (as a "thank you" by the Inn-keeper) which will restore more Energy
- A GREENHOUSE-Invasion will reward a small sack of rare ingredients (which - until opened - will not count towards the Vault-Limit)
Certain Invasion-Types depend on
- WEATHER (Dragons, Veela, Kappa)
- TIME-OF-DAY (Vampires, Banshee, etc)
- MOON-CYCLE (Werewolves),
- LOCATION (Merpeople, Wood-Nymphs)
Notoriety (Bonus Feature):
As you defeat Invasions, you gain "reputation" or "notoriety" with the "faction" of the invasion. How this works:
- For each "purged" invasion-incident you gain a number of Notoriety Points with the given Faction
- At certain points of Notoriety you will gain "Ranks" of Notoriety: annoyed, loathed, hated, hunted
- The Notoriety Points diminish slowly over time
- At every change of the month, all Notoriety-Ranks drop by 1 (while retaining the percentage towards the next-higher rank
- Higher Notoriety Ranks will slightly increase the Difficulty of the Encounter with the given Faction
- Higher Notoriety Ranks will slightly increase the chance for more rare rewards:
- Potions that can't be brewed
- One-Use "equipment" (special capes, amulets, rings) that give temporary stat-bonuses but self-dismantle after 1 use/activation
- Visual Customisation Options
- Pets / Familiars?
- random EMERGENCY registry fragments
- high-rank Runestones (4+5)
The "Hunted" - Rank will unlock certain BOSS-Battles.