Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Duo playing - best combo? (Auror-Magizoologist or Auror-Professor or Magizoologist-Professor) — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Duo playing - best combo? (Auror-Magizoologist or Auror-Professor or Magizoologist-Professor)

Jeje002Jeje002 Posts: 25 ✭✭
in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 17 February, 2020, 01:41 am.

What do you think would be the best combo of professions in fortress battles if team consists of only two players on roughly the same levels? (In my case it's my <3 wife and I - and I know many similar couples locally)

So would you go for :

1: Auror-Magizoologist

2: Auror-Professor

3: Magizoologist-Professor

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #216 February, 2020, 08:32 am.

da missus and i are auror+professor and we do ok

she has the ability to pass extra focus to me, which i can then use to cast proficiency charm for the entire team or defense charm for her (since as an auror, she is weaker on defense).

we have conquered dark 3 & 4 & 5 together more easily than we would have expected, because she handled the death eaters and dark wizards while i handled the werewolves and pixies. i also sometimes handled acromantulas and erklings while passing werewolves to her as needed.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #316 February, 2020, 08:32 am.

I would assume auror-magizoo as you get the best of both (power and defence) that way.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #416 February, 2020, 09:39 am.

Auror-magizoo is the best for dark chamber because death eater is higher stamina for auror.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16 #516 February, 2020, 12:25 pm.

@kiheikid wife and I are also auror / professor. I haven’t maxed my proficiency charm yet, as I never really use it. I’ve only had others use it once when I was battling in a group of 5. It was amazing then, but I wasn’t sure it was worth it to save up and spend 7 focus for just the two of us. She usually gives me two focus off the bat, and I give us both defense charm. Then whatever focus I end up with or she gives me I keep spending on deterioration hex. What are your thoughts?

• BeckanaiBeckanai Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #616 February, 2020, 04:42 pm.

Hubs and I are Auror and Professor, I cast on all of them, as does he, he gives me focus to cast on them all. I throw out heals here and there where needed. We seem to do pretty well.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #716 February, 2020, 09:03 pm.

@MrSciGuy - depends on what chamber level and of course luck in what mix of foes, but i don’t mind using one or two strong invigorations for the extra focus needed to cast proficiency. at higher levels, offense is more important than defense (in my experience), so the defense charms is a nice bonus but not absolutely necessary and even my det hex costing 3 focus per foe helps but not significantly (at 40 pts per spell cast) when those monsters are 2000+. speed counts and fastest way to tear through each foe is offense, offense, offense, via potions and the proficiency boost if we get the right mix of death eaters and dark wizards for my wife the auror and werewolves and pixies for me the prof. my 2 cents.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #817 February, 2020, 01:41 am.

Makes sense @kiheikid. We usually stick to no higher than lower level forest chambers, so nothing too difficult. Best bang for the buck. But at least I know a good way to tackle higher ones with the two of us.