Poor mechanic, Valentine's

CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 20 February, 2020, 07:18 pm.

I know I've been distant here but I need to say something about this one. And anyone who knows me knows I don't come to forums just to complain. But this event seems to be extremely weighted. I usually get tons of high threat in a given day. However, as soon as I got to the phase to defeat high threat confoundables, I've seen 1 in three days. It's problematic when you set requirements and then base those requirements on chance when it comes to a time sensitive event.

Please reconsider this in the future.

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    #215 February, 2020, 06:57 am.

We miss your insights @Craeft ! And yes, it does seem oddly weighted against the tasks. I had a devil of a time with finding high threats and ingredients.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #315 February, 2020, 02:09 pm.

Yup. I keyed five brilliant portmanteaus when I was nearly done with task three, thinking it would give me just a slight jump on task four. I just needed two more Baruffio’s ingredients and ended up unlocking the portmanteaus before finding them. My brilliant plan backfired. shakes fist at sky

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #415 February, 2020, 02:36 pm.

They’ve all gone to the room of requirement.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #515 February, 2020, 04:33 pm.

There are ways to control the appearance of high foundables. The most accessible one is through the use of dark detectors.

edited February 15 #615 February, 2020, 04:53 pm.

Which I used my last two DD for getting past the third stage. Can't afford to buy any, so the bonus will be fun. 🙄

#715 February, 2020, 05:19 pm.

Tomorrow's daily gift, if you've been keeping up, is 350 so that will get you three. 😀

But, I like that bonus tasks are actually hard to achieve. As long as some percentage of the wizards can complete them without spending hard cash I'm okay if I can't finish them because of limitations on time investment.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    #815 February, 2020, 05:22 pm.

@Osprey1 Are we seeing different gift screens? My gift screen shows 2 healing potions for tomorrow.

#915 February, 2020, 05:44 pm.

@Magpie31 you’re way ahead than most in your time zone. The gift for Monday is 2 healing potions.

@Osprey1 tomorrow’s daily reward is 350 XP, not 350 coins.

#1015 February, 2020, 06:21 pm.

If I can manage another 68k xp, then yes that 350xp will help me grab two more DDs. 😊 Depends on how much I can play today!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16 #1116 February, 2020, 01:52 am.

@MrSciGuy Thanks. I was confused because I knew the reward for today wasn't coins and tomorrow isn't showing coins either. But you clarified that it was xp not coins.

Also, interesting fact, although I might be ahead of the majority of HPWU players, over a quarter of the world's population live very nearby and within 1.5 hours of my timezone. There are over 2.6 billion people if you just count China and India! Isn't population distribution fascinating?

#1216 February, 2020, 02:03 am.

@Magpie31 yes that’s incredible! Here in America we’re probably somewhere around 350 million - nowhere near that! So I amend my choice of words to say “you’re ahead of many.”

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭
    #1316 February, 2020, 02:38 am.

@Bormacska if you're looking for high confoundables, wait until after dark and go looking for vampires. I used them to get most of my highs. Tons of them spawn around here and I didn't have to worry about them departing.

#1416 February, 2020, 02:43 am.

True. I always forget erklings and vampires are enough to trigger those requirements! I picked off two horned serpents before switching to the bonus round, so I'm sure they will be out in the morning as well.

#1516 February, 2020, 03:31 am.

You think by now I'd know the difference between gold and xp. This may explain why I traded my cow for a bag of 'magic' beans. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Oddities are an excellent example of the availability of high foundables.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭
    #1616 February, 2020, 06:18 am.

@Craeft - I do agree. Few frog brains spawned when I needed them. I managed to save 5 x 1km portkeys from the dragon event so I have a chance of getting to the bonus screen

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #1720 February, 2020, 07:18 pm.

So I managed my box of chocolates brilliants, and got the bonus butterscotch. Drinking to my success, potently, helped with these high red's and yellows in the daytime.

And, a bunch of 2-hour basics allowed finishing the "brew them all!"challenge.

But yea, to get the last of the high-threats, I had to leave the app open for about 5 or 6 hours after dark, and wait for vamps to show up.

It's amazing just how trivially easy the vampires are for a high-threat.