Can’t pickup ingredients or access Inns

RumplestiltRumplestilt Posts: 2
in General Questions #1 latest comment 15 February, 2020, 11:25 pm.

I play a few different accounts, and only one of my accounts can not pickup ingredients, when I try a message says “error, you could not collect the ingredient - reason unknown”

I can open an inn, but when I swipe to get spell energy it immediately says “connection lost, check your WiFi or mobile data”

I can sit in the same exact spot and play my other two accounts with no issues, it’s only with one account, so I know this is some weird bug, not a connectivity issue. I’ve tried to mitigate the possibility of a connection issue using my mifi device, connection sharing with another phone, etc. This happens at home on WiFi, or via cell data. Again, ONLY on one of my accounts, other 2 are rock solid with no issues.

Any ideas what is wrong with my 3rd account?

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭
    #214 February, 2020, 06:59 pm.

I’m pretty sure that multiple accounts are frowned upon @Rumplestilt

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    #415 February, 2020, 02:26 am.

@Dewin99 That is a very nice way of putting it. Niantic considers multiple accounts to be cheating.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #515 February, 2020, 06:49 am.

I'd highly recommend deleting some accounts.

• RumplestiltRumplestilt Posts: 2
    #615 February, 2020, 05:39 pm.

This isn’t an RTS game, there’s no competitive advantage for multiple account at all. Thanks for just complaining that I spend a few hundred bucks a month in multiple accounts instead of providing useful information. Lol

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #715 February, 2020, 05:48 pm.

@Rumplestilt I believe several people provided “useful information:” delete your other accounts. It’s against Niantic’s terms of service to play the same game with multiple different accounts. No competitive advantage, no, but you could easily send yourself all kinds of gifts.

Don’t complain about people not offering what you consider useful information when you’re openly violating the terms of service.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭
    #815 February, 2020, 06:06 pm.

@Rumplestilt Have you by any chance been sending gifts to yourself on your multiple accounts?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15 #915 February, 2020, 11:25 pm.

@Rumplestilt Violation of the Terms of Service is unjustifyable and yet you did just that.

So we're doing what's the most logical: provide advice of how to continue. Because if you continue multi-accounting, "being unable to pick up ingredients" will very quickly turn into "account termination". And if your account ceases to exist, your issue is no longer relevant.