Gift: Blue and green boxes are too similar

KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 15 February, 2020, 01:01 am.

Spell energy gift, and ingredient gift boxes, are too similar in texture/color.

In contrast, runestone boxes are very distinct.

What I'd like to see: All three are distinct and easy to tell apart (more distinction between spell energy / ingredients)

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14 #214 February, 2020, 08:58 am.

Since the CYAN of the spell energy gift can cause an impossible/chimerical color (not joking, follow the link for an explanation), I'd suggest:

• leaving the color of the ingredient gift unchanged
    • changing the color of the spell energy gifts more towards a "full blue"
    • changing the color of the ribbon of either the spell energy gift OR the ingredient gift to a different color
    • leave the texture unchanged
    Post edited by Lucoire on
  • ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #314 February, 2020, 09:51 am.

I agree, sometimes I find myself straining to see the difference between the two colors. More contrast between the two would be welcome.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭
    #414 February, 2020, 02:25 pm.

I have red-green colorblindness, so I generally accept that I won't be able to notice certain color changes that everyone else sees immediately. Ironically, in this case I've never had any trouble distinguishing between the different types of gifts.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    #514 February, 2020, 03:51 pm.

Odd, I guess since I only get spell gifts from inns and ingredients from gh I don't pay attention. As for opening gifts, I gave up on being picky about what I open a while ago and just enjoy the postcard. Can't open it, I go onto the next one.

Fairly, as we age our eyes lose the ability for blue to be as bright (or hold the depth it once did) and then there's the low light perkinje shift that happens at dawn and dusk (although that only pertains to red and blue). There's actually a fair bit of yellow in the green gift it isn't a true green. And honestly there are far bigger issues with the gifts I'd like to see fixed before color. Just my preference. 🤔

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #615 February, 2020, 01:01 am.

@MtPollux, same.