Progress too slow - not paying any more

ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 28 ✭✭
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 20 February, 2020, 07:35 pm.

I am playing WU from the start; only missed the daily two times. Invested around 80€ to start with a bit more storage space and bought a lot of keys as I wanted to keep up with all the specials and not always had the time to walk all the keys...

Just stating this to show that i am the target group for this game: Paying and playing daily...

And I am fed up with the way the game is progressing; or as i see it "is NOT progressing"; the Special Assignments were great, but they boosted the need to walk, making it impossible to get the special assignments without paying (or walking more than 20 km per week)

To me, this is a total rip-off. And i am quite cross about that. As a paying customer, i feel tricked into this and decided that i will not pay any more and will stop playing the game if this keeps up.

My complaint is that progress on the registry is way too slow (Playing daily only gave me 2 registry that i can turn gold the coming months) and is very frustrating to fill (like Knockturn alley, where i am waiting half a year and still only got 2 of the 11 Swooping Evil) .

The Special Assignments are nice, but are increasingly difficult to do (walking wise, see above)

I see the positive development to get old stuff back (like the dragons and eggs recently), but it is too slow to make a difference

Finally, the dawdle draught has been improved, but there is still very much frustation for me when I finally see a rare and it dissolves... In fact, it makes rare uncatchable lots of times. This is so contradictionary to the statement every 5 levels that it will become easier...

Don't misunderstand me, I love the game! But i am not paying anymore, just to see my money disappaer in even more keys or walking 50km /week...

Please, let's make a statement against this and force niantic to keep the game alive and doable!

Comments

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #217 February, 2020, 04:39 pm.

Finally, the dawdle draught has been improved, but there is still very much frustation for me when I finally see a rare and it dissolves... In fact, it makes rare uncatchable lots of times. This is so contradictionary to the statement every 5 levels that it will become easier...

I've been playing for just over a month, and probably completed that daily task list 25 times by now. So I'm in a very different boat.

Every 5 levels, your base chance of failure goes down (which does not affect the easiest traces, and has the biggest effect on the harder ones). But this does not affect the chance of departure, and nothing your do will affect that. Skill at casting, quality of cast, "near miss", etc -- nothing.

Except Dwadle Draught.

I really dislike the idea that you are expected to use two potions on each high-threat to have any real chance of success, and then even if you "win" with 3 remaining casts, you can't "save" them for the next high-threat -- they get used up on the normals.

Effectively adding 10 to 14 hours of potion brewing time PER SINGLE HIGH-END threat.

On top of the existing 15 hour minimum for Trace + Brain for a 30 minute basic play session.

This game has done two important things:

A: It has gotten me to walk.

B: It has made me ... strongly dislike Niantic, Pokemon, WB, and everyone who's name is associated with this game.

Yes, it feels like a cash grab exercise program.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #317 February, 2020, 04:58 pm.

@Keybounce remember, you don’t NEED to use dawdle draught for every high threat foundable. That is your CHOICE.

Your best bet is to use exstimulo potions (most likely strong) to help with catching high threat foundables. All Dawdle will do is prevent it from departing for three casts. But if you’re not strengthening the effects of your casts with exstimulo potions, it doesn’t matter anyway. You’ve just essentially wasted that Dawdle. Many people have had much higher success rates solely using exstimulo potions to help catch tougher foundables than just using Dawdle.

And again, as you said, your casts become more scrolls effective as you level up. So as time goes on, they’ll be easier to catch anyway. Stock up on a few Dawdle Draughts and save them for severe and emergencies, where you really need them for things that don’t show up often at all. Use just exstimulos for everything else.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #420 February, 2020, 07:35 pm.

Oh, don't get me wrong.

When I find a high-threat, and I have a BBE active? I'll toss BOTH a potent AND a dwaddle at it. The XP value of what I gain is too high to lose at that point.

I have tried just a potent. It basically gives me about a 33% chance of success. At least half the time the foundable departs instead of being caught. (And, rechecking the odds chart now ... yea. With potents, the severe are about 30-36% (3 casts average), the high are about 70-80% (1.5 casts average) now. Hmm, I don't need to be using dwaddles on the highs anymore, or I could drop to dwaddle + strong. ... Potent = 8, dwaddle+strong = 12 ... yep.)