What's your house?

CraeftCraeft Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
in New Players #1 latest comment 13 September, 2019, 03:44 pm.

Share this so we can get a properly proportional answer without someone having to dig through any specific thread and physically count. I'm curious to know the proportions of the houses thus far.

Also, I'd be curious to know how you selected your house.

Randomly? Did you go to Pottermore for the quiz? Friends told you what to pick? etc. So be sure to pick the accurate iteration of your choice.

EDIT: Apparently, it only allows 10 options so if it were friends or other, please select "Random".

What's your house? 96 votes

Gryffindor (Random)
1%
TTricky 1 vote
Hufflepuff (Random)
6%
HPWULOLADigitalisHightower96Staciestinkerkpacer318LucyMac 6 votes
Ravenclaw (Random)
16%
mi7adDogoutlawSpahzMorgana4ZashikiWarashiSeaTreeAuroraLumosPrincessElvieExtraGuacPlzCanineAsylumTaikuriSetaPasiStardustinaMinervina19FairlaineCLPottzBormacska 16 votes
Slytherin (Random)
4%
K328SilentCreekAngeliquebuzzM3lk0r 4 votes
Gryffindor (Pottermore)
12%
BarderJamDragon26OswaldHorsfallLyddie1021Rauddaishar84DukeslayerMars510AntoinnetteJulieJubzHerm10neG92LeFayeofAlbion 12 votes
Hufflepuff (Pottermore)
20%
NikasQuilynnpatronusloner3Kaylee2324RoadkillHermesH4rdC4ndyCaysacaysadarkagn1fangirl1EetionAud05KittyofJuneFayneLillamorElennessanebulusventusSpondeeSDMG91SeremelaPurpleAC01 20 votes
Ravenclaw (Pottermore)
22%
AurelliusLeeEkikSnowAveyardGailyflowerCraeftLeftalone31mackncheese17MagalianMoCMyrtleOverflow4487AgrethNocterroLlorathanRavenclawPandaPsanctymMoonRayPheonixNoctilucasDubiousAffairsAlcaroseEowynRio 22 votes
Slytherin (Pottermore)
15%
drh4korVe225RhaynneSlytherJ11Cinnam0nCharmer7SftwareDevJasonLuizaDeniseZFreeElf645EmzadiAbaddonDarkFilurenAcumenBlazedk530 15 votes

Comments

• BarderJamBarderJam Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #204 July, 2019, 03:43 am.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

What if on the original Pottermore quiz I got Hufflepuff, but on the updated quiz with the pet question I get Gryffindor always thanks to my real life tabby cat? 🤔

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4 #304 July, 2019, 03:45 am.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

Ummm... Gryffinpuff?

Dear, Barderjam:

We at Hogwarts regret to inform you of your expulsion.

Have a good day.

PS: Please return the owl.

-.-.-.-.-.- In honesty, I would say you're Hufflepuff then. The pet question, well... that's just weird and irrelevant. hehe... I was RC before the updated and remained as such after, but probably because I have a dog who loves bacon... and who doesn't love bacon? -.-.-.-.-.-

• AurelliusLeeAurelliusLee Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #404 July, 2019, 03:53 am.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

I got Ravenclaw on Pottermore, and then studied the results that people posted and what answers makes you more Ravenclaw or not, and most of mines lined up, I did it again at some point perhaps subconsciously knowing the answers and pretty much got 100% Ravenclaw LOL, through and through Ravenclaw

#504 July, 2019, 04:04 am.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

I had an identity crisis and refreshed the test until I got the same questions as before. Answered them the same. Yet the pet question makes me Gryffindor. 🙀✨

#604 July, 2019, 04:05 am.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

It's ok. We won't hold it against you.

:-P

#704 July, 2019, 04:23 am.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

Thanks! Because I'm LOYAL to GRYFFINDOR!!!! 🦁

(Plus that's my mom's house. And I'm such a loyal Hufflepuff that I can't let her down.) D:

#804 July, 2019, 04:24 am.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

Holy crap...

That's meta.

#904 July, 2019, 04:24 am.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

🤯

That's meta.

• AuroraLumosAuroraLumos Posts: 2
    #1004 July, 2019, 04:26 am.
    Ravenclaw (Random)

I've just always known I was a Ravenclaw, ever since I was little!

I may or may not have taken the Pottermore test repeatedly until achieving the correct result...ahem....you know what they say, third times the charm. 😏

#1104 July, 2019, 04:20 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

[bump for exposure]

• ExtraGuacPlzExtraGuacPlz Posts: 1
    #1204 July, 2019, 04:48 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Random)

Ive taken various sorting hat quizzes, and it’s all always between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Definitely did not choose Ravenclaw because blue is my favorite color :)

• RaudRaud Posts: 5
    #1304 July, 2019, 06:11 pm.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

Ravenclaw/Gryffindor (Pukwudgie)

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #1405 July, 2019, 11:06 am.
    Slytherin (Pottermore)

I used to think that i was a raven, i love books or reading too much. But then i tried on pottermore and yeah that

• ElennessaElennessa Posts: 1
    #1505 July, 2019, 05:16 pm.
    Hufflepuff (Pottermore)

I got placed into Slytherin when I took the first Pottermore quiz. I never even suspected that I'd be sorted into Slytherin but if the sorting hat says so I was going to be loyal to my sorted house.

After Pottermore revised it's quiz I was resorted into Hufflepuff. I've always associated myself as a Hufflepuff prior to the first Pottermore quiz.

I was HELLA conflicted about my results as I have come to love and accept my newly found Slytherin home but struggled with the fact that my heart has always belonged to Hufflepuff.

After much thought on the matter I realized that due to the point system, the first round of Pottermore quizes was more than likely required to sort evenly (the house numbers were rarely far off from each other) to avoid unfair numbers contributing to House Cup. Now that points are no longer an aspect of Pottermore there is no reason to evenly sort students.

Feel free to add me on Wizards Unite .

2772 7512 7515

Ilvermorny: Pukwudgie

• RhaynneRhaynne Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1606 July, 2019, 10:55 am.
    Slytherin (Pottermore)

Slytherin

I didn't know Pottermore revised their sorting hat. Interesting, Like @ve225 and @elennessa I was surprised to be sorted into Slytherin. I was a bit dismayed at first, then I decided it fit and to own it 😁

• NocterroNocterro Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1706 July, 2019, 02:38 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

I'm Ravenclaw on Pottermore.

• H4rdC4ndyH4rdC4ndy Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #1806 July, 2019, 07:08 pm.
    Hufflepuff (Pottermore)

Hufflepuff! I have a Newfoundland patronus pup! Super happy with all of my Pottermore stats even looked up my wand so I could set it on the game! Stoked!

#1907 July, 2019, 01:56 am.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

ELENESSA—Same, but for Gryffindor. 👍✨

#2010 July, 2019, 05:19 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

Gonna bump this thread for any new players coming to the forums. :)

• MoonRayPheonixMoonRayPheonix Posts: 3
    #2110 July, 2019, 10:52 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Pottermore)

Proud to be a Ravenclaw!! I did the Pottermore quiz more than once, and I was always sorted into RC ✨

• LucyMacLucyMac Posts: 1
    #2202 September, 2019, 03:04 pm.
    Hufflepuff (Random)

I selected "Hufflepuff random", but my choice wasn't really random, IMO. Mys son won a sorting hat in a silent auction at a trivia night event at his school, and the first time I put it on my head it sorted me into Hufflepuff. I've put it on several times since, and have gotten each house at least once, but the predominant result has been Hufflepuff.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #2302 September, 2019, 06:05 pm.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

I got Gryffindor from every test I've ever taken, including the Pottermore one. I will say though, that I have a huge affinity for Hufflepuff as well, and on the "House Percentage" test, I lost out being in hufflepuff by very little hahaha. So I always consider myself more of a Gryffinpuff at times. AND, during a group outing once, only one of my friends was a raven claw, while everyone else was a gryffindor, so in the end I ended up representing Hufflepuff for the day. Lol

@LucyMac that's so adorable.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #2402 September, 2019, 07:28 pm.
    Gryffindor (Pottermore)

New Pottermore Hogwarts house quiz coming soon!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #2503 September, 2019, 01:37 am.
    Slytherin (Pottermore)

I feel Slytherin. I test Slytherin. I am Slytherin. We’re good people with lots of love to give, but sometimes we have a hard time expressing it, so we burn stuff down instead. 🔥 🐍 🔥

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #2611 September, 2019, 10:35 pm.
    Hufflepuff (Random)

The sorting hat at pottermore puts me indisputably as ravenclaw.

In the wizards unite universe I have chosen house hufflepuff - the pottermore sorting hat does not account for just how much i cannot stand the color blue.

If not for my extreme dislike for blue, i would be ravenclaw. after ravenclaw hufflepuff house fits me best.

• mi7admi7ad Posts: 130 ✭✭
    #2712 September, 2019, 12:46 am.
    Ravenclaw (Random)

I couldn't get my vote back and chose Ravenclaw, but now I'm a Pottermore Hufflepuff!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #2813 September, 2019, 03:44 pm.
    Ravenclaw (Random)

@Digitalis your comment cracked me up! Hubby took Pottermore test, Hufflepuff. He could only stand the yellow for about three days, then had to change to Ravenclaw!😂😂