Lost Love Brilliant Event Details

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
    #3215 February, 2020, 02:13 am.

went to different non-sponsored fortress in town today and got remaining 2 brilliant fortress fragments in 2 tries, both at tower 1.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    #3315 February, 2020, 02:19 am.

@Bormacska and @Owlx In the books,. She is just described as a tabby cat with markings around her eyes that look like her spectacles. She sits a lot more rigidly than any normal cat and a few other things, but no colour is mentioned. In the movies, she bevame a silver tabby (grey and black) and this information was added Pottermore, but the books themselves don't specify.

For me, tabby means brown. You have to specify silver tabby because that is more unusual. My cat, Professor McGonagall, is a brown tabby.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3415 February, 2020, 02:30 am.

@Bormacska not McGonagal . This is Mowgli.

I cant remember which player's cat is named McGonagal.

#3515 February, 2020, 02:44 am.

@Magpie31 thank you. I just went thru the Philosopher's stone. And was looking thru previous post to see if McGonagal was your cat.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3615 February, 2020, 03:22 am.

Ah ha! I knew one of you two had a McGonagall!! And @Owlx, Mowgli is beautiful!

Thank you too @Magpie31 for the book knowledge! I knew she was described in cat form and particularly remembered the glasses, but it has been too long since I reread the books!

It's odd that brown tabbys are more common. I have had and known far more grey and black or silver and black, than brown! Thanks for adding more random knowledge into my head! 😊

#3715 February, 2020, 04:30 am.

So... I have gone into moderation dungeon, apparently.

@Bormacska Maybr thr colouring depends on where you live? In the UK, brown tabbies are definitely more common and silver tabbies are quite desireable. In Thailand, silver tabbies are very rare as well.

#3815 February, 2020, 07:15 am.

@Owlx That would be mine! She is a little more angular than we are used to in the UK and US, as she is a Thai street cat. Thai cats are closely related to Siamese cats, so have the same angular facial structure.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    #3915 February, 2020, 07:59 am.

@Owlx & @Magpie31 Mowgli and Professor McGonagall are beautiful!

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited February 15 #4015 February, 2020, 01:04 pm.

I also have problems with the fortress battles. Out of 5 fights I got one fragment and then I ran out of runestones.

I also noticed that the potion ingredients basically disappeared from the map. Usually there's always a frog brain lying around and now it (and pretty much everything else) is gone with the wind. "Conveniently" I'm now at the third part of the event and only now I get some ingredients for the Exstimulo potions, but even they are more rarely seen around. I've been at the third part for about 36 hours and I've had the app open for a lot of time. I still haven't seen a single BBE ingredient even though I was walking quite a lot around in the city where there's usually a lot going on.

#4115 February, 2020, 05:02 pm.

To lost love, the patron Saint of beekeepers and epileptics, and lost ingredients!

Because on top of all that, fitbit's servers went down yesterday, so the majority of my steps never got logged. Yay for those portmanteaus just hanging out on 4/4. Have a macaron instead. 😜

• MajikumMajikum Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #4215 February, 2020, 05:25 pm.

I've been stuck looking for tonic ingredients since last night :(

#4315 February, 2020, 05:55 pm.

Searching for ingredients? Try planting what you need. Not necessarily to harvest but that will work too. I usually find the ingredient on the map after i have planted it. The exception being toadstools.

Also most of the greenhouses i visit have loads of ingredients on the map.

Hope everyone finds their ingredients soon

Happy Pottering

#4415 February, 2020, 06:17 pm.

I think for a lot of people runespoores, frogs brains, and Dragon claw are a little hard to plant. 😉 I know I mis-timed my mushrooms for that portion of the event but found brains on my walk. So keep looking, they are out there!

• MariLuvgoodMariLuvgood Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #4516 February, 2020, 05:22 am.

I’m also having trouble finding ingredients, I’ve been all over the city, including areas with heavy HPWU activity and nothing.

I was also in a fortress in one of the higher levels, fighting the last battle and it suddenly froze. I was frustrated because when it finally came back up, it said I lost. I wasted many potions 😢. I already tried reporting it in game. Has anyone else experienced this today or another day?

#4616 February, 2020, 05:35 am.

It might be worth looking into the report a bug section for the fortress battle error at least and possibly report there as well.

• MariLuvgoodMariLuvgood Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #4716 February, 2020, 06:09 am.

@Bormacska I just reported it there too, thank you 🙏

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #4816 February, 2020, 12:21 pm.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MajikumMajikum Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #4916 February, 2020, 12:37 pm.

@HenchPig - yep, same. I've not seen one ingredient for tonic in two days now. Been to greenhouses also.

• AnselGreyAnselGrey Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #5017 February, 2020, 04:59 am.

Really found the pics of all the species assignments including the bonus and the registry page incredibly helpful. Makes it very easy to just glance at it to remind self the order of things and/or what yo focus on and where! Any clue if/when will get similar for Lost Love Part 2? Or any info on the next Community Day? Thx!

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    edited February 17 #5117 February, 2020, 04:18 pm.

Minor bug on this event: Attempting to get the registry fragments (portrait of McGregor) from wizarding challenges with brilliant runestones does not work, unless they are lost love brilliant runestones.

Specifically: Using leftover brilliant Darkest of Times did not work for me.

• HKR84HKR84 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #5317 February, 2020, 04:39 pm.

I know they’ve said other ingredients will be removed from the map but I still see all the ingredients it’s made no difference to me, tonic ingredients are still just as difficult to find while the stuff I don’t need (for the invigorating draught or health potions) are in abundance...

#5420 February, 2020, 03:13 am.

The same thing will happen for part two, so if you had trouble with the ingredients this first event know that it could be frustrating the second time around as well.

#5520 February, 2020, 03:36 am.

Just seen that the ten portkeys are back for part 2. Super unimpressed.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #5620 February, 2020, 06:40 pm.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    #5720 February, 2020, 07:07 pm.

@Keybounce That's not a bug, that is how the system works. You can only get Lost Love fragments from Lost Love runestones, and even then they are not guaranteed. Similar to how you can only get Oddities fragments from Oddities runestones. Each event has its own runestone, even though they are the same "brilliant" colour.

You misunderstood.

The in-game description: Any brilliant runestone.

The reality: Only brilliants from this event.

I have no problem with the reality. I called it a minor bug because the in-game description fails to match reality.

Doc errors are still bugs. Potentially worse than code bugs in some cases.

#5820 February, 2020, 07:11 pm.

Moderators, we have a serious problem with this forum's anti-bad-word thingie.

A few posts back, an image was in with this url:

//us.v-cdn.net/6031576/uploads/049/****5A23TW9WMX

I took the https off the front, and the jpg off the end, so you can see what happened.

Granted, this is a small random chance, but just realizing that the name of an upload that you (the user) cannot control can destroy your picture ...

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #5923 February, 2020, 01:17 pm.

Just a note: I do love the special bonuses that last for the duration of the event. It adds so much value to the extra time you (might) have, apart from just working for scrolls! I'm really enjoying that!

• OpalflowerOpalflower Posts: 3
    #6025 February, 2020, 05:35 pm.

I don’t have the event on my app?? It’s past time it started. I am lvl 35 and this is all I see.

#6125 February, 2020, 05:38 pm.

Not yet. Event starts at 11am PST and it is only 9:30ish there. Guessing that they are still working on the fix for the tasks or card that seemed to mess up the server yesterday... 🤔🤞