Lost Love Brilliant Event Details

HPWULOLAHPWULOLA Posts: 568 admin
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 04 March, 2020, 06:30 pm.

As Valentine’s Day approaches, romance has begun to fill the air! While witches and wizards have their minds on relationships, the Calamity appears to be responding by manifesting memories of loves lost. Send back these reminders of heartbreak and return a bit of romance to the wizarding world! Part 1 of the Lost Love Brilliant Event runs from February 13–20 PST and Part 2 runs from February 25–March 3 PST.

This Brilliant Event will feature special bonuses that are unlocked after completing each task.

For Part One:

• Place the completed sticker of the Photograph of Dougal McGregor in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the amount of spell casts for Strong Exstimulo Potions from 4 to 6.
  • Place the completed sticker of Brilliant Professor McGonagall in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the number of Traces revealed from Tonic for Trace Detection Potions from 10 to 15.
  • Place the completed sticker of the Order of Merlin, First Class in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the effectiveness of Baruffio’s Brain Elixir Potions from 2x to 2.5x.

For Part Two:

• Place the completed sticker of the Photograph of Lily and Severus in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the amount of spell casts for Potent Exstimulo Potions from 5 to 6.
  • Place the completed sticker of Brilliant Professor Snape in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the effectiveness for Healing Potions from 35% to 50%.
  • Place the completed sticker of the Vase of Lillies in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the duration of Baruffio’s Brain Elixir Potions from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

This Brilliant Event features unique Registry Pages, new Brilliant Foundables, and Special Assignments which will uncover rewards such as Restricted Section Books and exclusive items for your Ministry ID Portrait. For those who are able to complete all Special Assignments, you’ll unlock access to special Bonus Assignments with additional rewards as well. Each week will have different tasks and Registry pages to complete, so make sure you’re ready for both!

Tagged:

Comments

• HPWULOLAHPWULOLA Posts: 568 admin
    #210 February, 2020, 09:10 pm.

PS: To make it easier to find Ingredients to brew Potions for Part 1 tasks, we will temporarily remove Wit-Sharpening, Invigoration Draught, and Strong Invigoration Draught Potion Ingredients from the Map.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭
    #310 February, 2020, 09:18 pm.

Thanks, @hpwulola

Here is the link to event details on WU Hub, for people wanting more https://wizardsunitehub.info/guide/brilliant-event-lost-love-week-1/

• LaigrodLaigrod Posts: 1
    #410 February, 2020, 09:46 pm.

Hey, a question: will this bonus be permanent or just for the time of the event?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    #611 February, 2020, 01:45 am.

Thank you so much! I really hope we get more non-brilliant self playing harps and Minerva coming out to play as well. And mostly thank you for all of these great events!!!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #711 February, 2020, 03:21 am.

@hpwulola and the @HPWUTeam thank you for changing up the event tasks. It's more fun when there is variety in the brilliant events. Thank you for fewer required portkeys in this event.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 97 ✭✭
    #811 February, 2020, 08:16 am.

@Laigrod this is problem, buff cast exstimulo is limited bonus permanent or brilliant event? If bonus permanent, this is not fun now.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11 #911 February, 2020, 03:15 pm.

@Laigrod @Yohanes12 Surely these bonuses are event specific. I love being challenged to place images as quickly as possible potentially increasing the amount of time bonuses are available. Part two of this event will be a great time to hammer away at Dark Chambers taking advantage of the potent exstimulo and healing potion bonuses. Preparations are underway!

@HPWUTeam

Place the completed sticker of Brilliant Professor McGonagall in the Brilliant Registry Page to increase the number of Traces revealed from Tonic for Trace Detection Potions from 10 to 15.

This will be by far the most challenging and frankly a bitter pill to swall ow;

1. The Harry Potter Book Night (a 48 hour event) drained me of a dozen Tonic for Trace Detection Potions. (Feb 5-7)
    2. The Crazy in Love Event (a 48 hour event) will surely drain me of another dozen as I attempt to capitalize on fragments in such a short time span, much like the previous event. (Feb 11-13)
    3. Immediately following this event the Lost Love Brilliant Event Part 1 begins (Feb. 13) with the above quoted bonus. With the limited availability of Erumpent Horns, I can only produce so many TTD potions so fast. A breather following the first two events would have been nice, maybe even moving that bonus to Part two of the brilliant event giving us time to produce more.

It's certainly not the end of the world but please consider for future events.

Post edited by HPWULOLA on
  • AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1011 February, 2020, 03:43 pm.

Agreed, @ZookiTabooki. It feels like a frantic sort of catch-up after the holiday break, which is understandable and all, but I would prefer at least a couple days of chill time between Crazy in Love and Lost Love. Oh well. Potter on!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13 #1113 February, 2020, 01:10 am.

@hpwulola Thank you for the edit above... could I possibly draw your attention to another thread that could use your loving touch? The following thread was adjusted to remove a possibly offending word. The word "Ro cket" is critical to this thread as it defines the actual name of the train being discussed. An adjustment would be appreciated. If not, no worries... I can always add an FYI to the thread.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2718/the-st-clair-red-****-toronto-canada

Post edited by ZookiTabooki on
  • PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #1213 February, 2020, 07:21 pm.

Extra challenge xp! Now *that's * a valentine.... 🥰💖

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #1313 February, 2020, 09:00 pm.

Yaaaaay!!!

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1413 February, 2020, 10:21 pm.

Where are all the ingredients???

• TotalDominationTotalDomination Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1513 February, 2020, 10:45 pm.

Is anyone else having issues opening the brilliant event portkeys? I keep getting an error message that my connection is lost and to return to the map, but I haven’t had that issue with regular portkeys.

• AshkaaAshkaa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1613 February, 2020, 11:16 pm.

I have the same issue with event portkeys

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
    #1714 February, 2020, 02:50 am.

anyone having success getting the fortress fragments (dougal mcgregor) and, if so, at which level of fortress chamber?

i am only 1 for 6 today between ruins 4 and tower 3. i think the one fragment came from ruins 5 but am not sure.

pretty harsh. gotta go grrrrind brilliant foundables to rank up and get more lost love nrilliant runestones.

#1914 February, 2020, 04:53 am.

@kiheikid ruins 4 thru tower 3 is historically where I've had the best luck with event award foundable. May the odds be ever in your favorite. Happy Pottering

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
    #2014 February, 2020, 04:58 am.

@Owlx - yup, that had been my experience too, but today was a gut punch. will try different fortresses tomorrow, but same levels probably

#2114 February, 2020, 04:58 am.

@TotalDomination and @Ashkaa

There is a new update for the game. Update should be available in alm the app/play stores.

After you update the app download the assets portkeys will work again.

In the future it's best to post error message in bug reports.

Happy Pottering

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #2214 February, 2020, 12:43 pm.

I am also having zero luck with the fortress fragments!

#2314 February, 2020, 03:46 pm.

I got my three in four try’s. Lower level fortress. All below Tower I. Good luck everyone.

#2414 February, 2020, 03:59 pm.

Also if you're Fortressing with someone throw different runestones. If you both throw the same 1 of you is more likely to get nerfed.

Take turn throwing yhe event runestones.

This seem to follow in all group except for 5 players. Casually observation no hard data to back me up.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    edited February 14 #2514 February, 2020, 04:26 pm.

Again, anecdotal but after about five runs with no luck I walked to a different fortress and got my first fragment first try. Then a couple of blanks so I walked to a third fortress and got one first time there and the third fragment on my second try.

All were on level 5 (think that's ruins?) So, if you have easy access to other fortresses and keep getting zilch it might be worth trying a different one.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2614 February, 2020, 05:07 pm.

So I rarely see McGonagall in regular days, but isn't she a black and grey tabby with rim markings around her eyes that mimic her readers? Or is that just movie based? My books aren't easily accessible right now, and the game shows her as an orange tabby?

#2714 February, 2020, 05:12 pm.

I sincerely hope the HPWU developers have been listening and during this event Minerva and the self playing harp will spawn their doppelgänger NON- brilliant event traces. Please? I am at 7/15 of Miss Minerva so could use a few of her.

• Plan9Plan9 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #2814 February, 2020, 05:19 pm.

Got two fragments in Tower II and the third in Tower III, all back-to-back. Atypical from other brilliant event, especially the last one!

@ClairabusGryff I saw her today for the first time in months! She was in a flagged Hogwarts flagged area and I used ALL the potions to get her

#2914 February, 2020, 05:26 pm.

Oh congrats to you @Plan9 - she is a tough one to get that is for sure!! I hope to see her soon. I remember the first time I saw her. She is one of my favorites!!

#3014 February, 2020, 07:51 pm.

@Bormacska i also thought she was grey and black. Will look up later also not near my library

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3114 February, 2020, 08:07 pm.

@Owlx and here I was hoping that we might get a Pic of McGonagall the cat 😻