New lessons, more chambers?

AbiskiAbiski Posts: 2 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 28 May, 2020, 01:23 am.

Hi! I’m curious about when there will be more chambers? More types on chambers etc? Also when there will be more lessons added for professions. I play with a group and most of us are done with lessons and reached the highest chamber. I know people who played Pokémon still play to this day so I assume they continue to add to the game as time goes on so everyone can keep enjoying it and having fun. I’m curious if anyone knows about when this happens :)

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #206 February, 2020, 07:27 pm.

The people who know haven't told us yet. There are lots of people (more and more every day) who are in the same boat as you, so hopefully we'll see more soon!

My guess would be not until the end of February at the earliest, because any professor who has been playing since release (and didn't go to fan fest) will need the current brilliant event and the next two to be able to finish their lesson plan.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #306 February, 2020, 08:56 pm.

What @MtPollux said. My guess would be with the 3.0 update, which should be soon. That’s not even an educated guess though. What’s the opposite of that? A dumb guess? Yep, we’ll go with that. I also felt certain that Adventure Sync wouldn’t be implemented until the 3.0 release, so I obviously have no idea what I’m talking about, but I like to pretend I do so I can satisfy my genetic urge to mansplain. Thank you for reading.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6 #406 February, 2020, 09:10 pm.

@Acumen Sidenote: The 2.9.0 Version isn't necessarily followed by the 3.0.0 version but more likely by the 2.10.0 version.

(if you're interested how these Version-Tags work, click here: SemanticVersioning)

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #506 February, 2020, 09:17 pm.

See? This is why you shouldn’t listen to me. Thanks, @Lucoire. 😁

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #607 February, 2020, 11:57 am.

Are they all learnt already?

I still struggle with completing red book lessons as magizoo.

#707 February, 2020, 12:12 pm.

@Kodokmag No.

Professor needs a couple more Brilliant Events before they're able of completing their lesson plan - even if they played since launch.

Magizoologist and Auror however have already been theoreticly able to complete their plans - given they've played since launch and done enough fortress runs.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #807 February, 2020, 04:44 pm.

@Lucoire i disagree with what you stated above unless you were speaking about green spell books only. I have been playing since launch and still need 143 red spell books. Now I do have 75 green spell books in my vault. I have 7 lessons still to complete to max out my current skill tree. I typically play around 10 fortress battles a day towards red spell books. (I am a magizoo). Said 10 battles are becoming a bit tedious. Recently it kind of feels like “it’s time to make the donuts”. Anyone remember that commercial from Dunkin Donuts??

I just reached challenge level 100 and am I correct that the points needed jumped from 2000 (at level 99) to 2500 for level 100? Is that right? It had been upping 20 points per level and this jump was 500. Or was I not paying attention??

Also I want to thank @Dogoutlaw for the gracious gift as that gift allowed me to complete a lesson yesterday. So I am so very grateful to you!! I haven’t been able to earn and ERG in a while but when I do I will spread the love.

#907 February, 2020, 04:51 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I was talking about green books, yes. Since they're only available through Brilliant Events, they're far more limited than red books, which are available through the Challenge-Registry in a far more unrestricted way.

I, too, am a Magizoologist but I haven't completed my Lessons either because I've been a bit lazy with the Challenge-Registry

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1007 February, 2020, 04:57 pm.

From what I am seeing, the only professors finished or near completion were at the event this summer. But I am not a professor!

As an aside, @Abiski, if you search up at the top for "red books", there are some long and lovely topics that might help. My personal favorite is do enough to open every lesson then work on the more "costly" lessons first while red books are easy to come by. That way by the time you get to challenge level 65 or so and each level is much harder to get those books you need less of them to meet.

#1107 February, 2020, 05:05 pm.

Someone posted once upon a time a chart of actual challenge levels and the jump in each @ClairabusGryff... I'll see if I can find it.

Also I got permission to post the data entry links from the research group, they just asked I wait until after the darkest times event was done. So look for that late Tuesday.

edited February 7 #1207 February, 2020, 05:19 pm.

@ClairabusGryff you are correct. Up to challenge level 100 each level requires 20 extra CXP from the one before. At level 100 it jumps up by an extra 500, and the levels after that alternate between being 20 or 30 more CXP than the one before. It definitely adds a lot to the grind.

As @Lucoire says, because green books are time limited the majority of professors have to wait another month to have enough to finish their lesson plan. Although it's a lot of **** to get more and more red books, a determined player can earn as many as they are willing and able to work for. There are some aurors and magizoologists who have already completed their plans, because they have invested a lot of time and effort into doing so.

#1307 February, 2020, 06:02 pm.

@Lucoire how many red spell books do you need at this time? I am glad I am a Magizoo don’t get me wrong but just hitting level 100 and seeing that 500 point jump defeated me a bit if I am being honest. And thank you @MtPollux for clarifying that for me. It feels defeating as grind-ing for red spell books is feeling laborious lately. I have been trying to complete the lessons at the bottom of the table but I do have one lesson left that requires 38 reds. 😖😫😩

@Bormacska i look forward to the chart and information that you can post next week. That will be great to review. I am a spreadsheet junky.

#1407 February, 2020, 06:17 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I still need 73 red books for maxing stamina, 46 red books for maxing critical power and another 50 red books for maxing proficiency power. That being said, I feel like these wouldn't really be much of an improvement - given that I have most of the stats and all of the skills that magizoologists need to excell.

#1507 February, 2020, 08:36 pm.

You and I are pretty similar @Lucoire. I only have one lesson left for the proficiency power as that is what I have been working on for the past few months. And I can tell you that after the lesson I did yesterday I have seen the difference with dark wizards and foes we aren’t proficient with. I am at 459 stamina so I have 4 of those lessons left which when I am done should put me around like 510. I think. It’s harder for me to really grind for those red books though. 😉 Lack of motivation right now.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1607 February, 2020, 10:46 pm.

I need 42 green books (professor) and at least 35 red books (probably more like 65, but I can’t tell how many are needed for final max of stamina).

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1708 February, 2020, 01:13 am.

I am a professor and still need both types of books. I was going to do my highest cost lessons first and started doing that, but realised that maxing power would make fortressing easier so would make earning more books easier. So did it that way. The extra books we now get in events do make things easier because fortress battles, for the mostpart, bore me. I am sure it would be more fun with a friend.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #1808 February, 2020, 01:05 pm.

My red books are all over the place at 3 jobs.

I guess 'curiosity **** the cat" got me there. LoL

#1908 February, 2020, 01:58 pm.

You're welcome @ClairabusGryff.

I'm lucky enough to know local active players, so I've been able to get all the red books I need for my professor lesson plan. Just two more brilliant events to finish my plan.

If any of you happen to find yourselves passing through Western Massachusetts, let me know. I'll get a group together to do some fortress runs with you. :)

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2010 February, 2020, 02:54 am.

As a Professor, I am down to 37 red books to complete Student Teaching. For green books I only have Sparring Specifics and On Sabbatical left to complete my skill tree. I'm actually debating whether to bother with On Sabbatical. Rare it is when I find myself battling at a fortress with enough players to capitalize on this skill... at least for the time being.

#2110 February, 2020, 03:37 pm.

@ZookiTabooki I believe that you only need to be with one auror to be able to use On Sabbatical. The auror's two hexes and your deterioration hex should activate the extra power.

#2211 February, 2020, 02:17 am.

@MtPollux I was under the impression a Wizard can only cast one hex at a time on any given foe. If memory serves, when playing with wifey's Auror account I could only cast one hex. Casting a second hex on the same foe would swap out the first hex cast. Has this changed?

#2411 February, 2020, 03:29 am.

@MrSciGuy Thanks for confirming. Good to know. 👍️

#2511 February, 2020, 11:23 am.

@ZookiTabooki when an auror casts both hexes, only the last one will show in the 4 boxes under the opponent when you tap on them in the lobby. But when you enter the battle, you will notice that both hexes show up as being active when you look below the opponents health bar.

#2611 February, 2020, 01:46 pm.

@MtPollux How weird is that. Looks like 'On Sabbatical' is gonna get some love after all. Hard to turn away from a +12 to Power under these circumstances.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2719 February, 2020, 07:20 pm.

I can confirm the aurors can do both hexes. Those boxes under the foes in the lobby are weird. I didn't know this once upon a time, so in case this is unknown to others, those boxes under the foes are assigned to each player, so to speak. So in "my" box, the det hex will show when I cast it. In the auror's box, it can only show one hex, so it shows the last one cast I believe. I rarely play with more than one auror, but if what I've been lead to believe is true, when auror 1 casts confusion, it will show in their box, and when auror 2 casts weakening, that will show in their box. But this is why you'll sometimes see a hex in the second box when the first box is still blank, for example. The boxes are tied to the players (and should be in the same order as the players at the top).

#2819 February, 2020, 09:19 pm.

@Dogoutlaw My understanding of those mechanics match yours. The more players you have that are casting hexes and buffs, the more boxes are filled. So five players in the fortress and each one casts a buff or hex on the critter or on another player then it will reflect in the box below the oddity or below that individual player. The swap arrows that sometimes show up are rather moot at this point. Apparently (and some of you beta testers could probably confirm this, as well as me reading it from @hpwulola on another post) original casts in fortresses allowed only one hex or buff per oddity/player, which you could then swap out for a different one as needed. Another fine example of them changing the game to better meet the needs and possibly requests of the players!

#2919 February, 2020, 11:42 pm.

@Dogoutlaw @Bormacska Thank you both for the insight. Cheers.

• WalgorWalgor Posts: 2
    #3017 May, 2020, 08:43 am.

Any new info on this topic ?

I finished my auror profession a couple of weeks ago . With the new fragment system, community day etc. i already have a surplus of 90 red books, 4108 scrolls and 172 green books (playing from day 1, having completed almost every event etc.).

I also hope that there will be ways to spent all that scrolls in the new courses. Like big scroll-sinks, where you can spend 5000 scrolls for the final level of a skill, even for a small adavantage. Books and scrolls are a big incentive in this game, unless they can't be spent for improvement, then they become pointless and their function as reward for a certain activity is gone.

• KevosAKevosA Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 23 #3123 May, 2020, 12:02 am.

I’ve thus far completed my lesson plan for Auror (Lvl 15). When will there be new lessons? I’m gradually storing my spell books, restricted books and scrolls when it is launched. Waiting, not patiently lol.