Impossible assignment

StickykathStickykath Posts: 2 ✭✭
in SOS Assignments #1 latest comment 20 March, 2020, 12:27 am.

Hello,

I’m pretty new to the discussions part of this site so forgive me if this has already been asked.

I’ve been enjoying the game very much and I like doing the assignments and tasks. I’ve just unlocked the next few SOS assignments and one of them is to complete 3 Wizarding challenges with 3 teammates. I’m pretty disappointed because I know I will never complete this assignment - I don’t know 3 other people who really play the game - I only really know 1 who plays often and even then we’re mainly not playing in the same place. And if we do happen to be in the same place it’s for another reason which means we can’t just do a fortress. Not that there are any even close to where we are together.

Is there any solution to this? I’ve tried looking online for people to add but there isn’t anyone out there near me searching for others as well. Is there some way to skip it, or will I just never progress any further with SOS assignments?

Comments

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #206 February, 2020, 10:13 am.

Hi @Stickykath ,

This has indeed been debated before, a lot of people are stuck on this task and almost no one is happy with this 'forced grouping' so you're not alone in this. On the bright side: the wording of the task is somewhat improper: you actually need only 2 extra people, and complete a challenge with a total of 3 persons, so you only need one more.

As for solutions: you could reach out on the Local Groups and Events part of this forum. There's even a map that you can use to put yourself on, or maybe travel to another city to get it done. You could also ask your family or friends to install the app for a day, and get the task done. They might even like it and keep playing.

This task is on the very last page of the SOS tasks, so if you've done all the others then this is literally your very last SOS task. This might alleviate the feeling of "being stuck" a bit. When new tasks arrive, I'm sure the devs find a solution for this, as it's of no use creating new missions that half the playerbase will never be able to do. I'm guessing that they'll put the next set of tasks in a different 'folder' like they are doing with event tasks now, so they can overlap, or better yet, adjust this task (or skip) for solo play.

Meanwhile, all this talk has given me an idea which I'll be posting in the suggestion forum (we need to be able to apparate once in a while).

• StickykathStickykath Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #306 February, 2020, 02:42 pm.

Hello @Jeroenix

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did suspect there might not be anything I could do and it does indeed help to know it’s the last task anyway. I just thought maybe if there was some way to like, I don’t know maybe Spend gold or runes or something to bypass it. But I always knew it was a bit out there.

Its just a bit hard playing sometimes from a more rural place I suppose.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #408 February, 2020, 03:12 am.

My tentative game plan to get through this assignment is to 'tag it' with a local event. My town has a wine festival in the Speing which is pretty big and loads of people are here. Thankfully a fortress and many inns popped up in the area the festival is. Around the first of April I want to start broadcasting on the map/event page here and on Facebook pages a time to meet up before the wine festival. It's April 18th this year, so I am extremely hopeful that's also a CD so it might add more interest for other people to join in.

• RaghavjeeRaghavjee Posts: 1
    #519 March, 2020, 06:33 pm.

Hi there ,

I am also stuck in same Sos task my team mates are also very hard to get everyone together and I need one more player to finish task hope they find solutions . Thanks for above message it give relief that it's not just me who is having trouble. Thank you once again.

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #619 March, 2020, 11:25 pm.

We convinced a couple of Pogo players to install the App and play in the towers for the evening. I don’t think they carried on with it but they were happy to help us complete the mission.

• SireeusSireeus Posts: 2
    #719 March, 2020, 11:32 pm.

Agreed. Forcing group play is ridiculous and often out of the question for a lot of people. I understand the developers’ plan is for us to convince our friends to download the game just so we can get an achievement and they get access to more people’s phone information. I get it, but it is still a breaking point for this game

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #820 March, 2020, 12:27 am.

@Stickykath Welcome to the forum! As a lot of people have mentioned this is a sticking point (and currently the last SOS task that there is). There is on this forum a place to look and post for other players, you can find it here:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/categories/local-groups-and-events