Non-Existent Extravagant Runestone Gifts

ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 15 October, 2020, 09:10 pm.

I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else besides myself has experienced the almost non-existent dropping of EXTRAVAGANT RUNESTONE GIFTS lately? Since the beginning of 2020 I believe I have only earned one ERG. I play on average around 8-10 fortress battles a day and mainly play at a non-sponsored fortress.

To me the rarest items within the game are 🍄 and red spell books and at this time I need 131 to complete my current lesson plan. I play so many battles a day as every 48-72 hours or so I earn 2 books so basically in a months time I earn 20-30 books if I am lucky as I am currently at level 98 in the challenge level needing 1980 points for the 2 books so it is of course slowing down the amount of books I can earn on a weekly basis.

When the awesome/amazing gifting began it felt like to me that ERG seemed to drop more frequently and if my math is correct I have graciously received 8 ERG gifts from my fantastic friend group and am so very grateful for each one of them and covet them like toilet paper during the apocalypse!!

Anyone else experiencing the “nerfing” of ERG’s??

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 February, 2020, 04:48 pm.

I’ve actually received 2 or 3 over the last couple of weeks. Maybe a run of bad luck? Or I’m having a run of good luck?🤷🏻‍♀️

#304 February, 2020, 04:49 pm.

Also, I think the great gifts were slightly boosted during 12tasks. I definitely felt a dip in those after that event ended.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #404 February, 2020, 04:58 pm.

I did receive a couple in a row from challenges at a sponsored fortress over the weekend. That was a surprise, because I too have felt like they're awarded less frequently than they were in December. I'm already looking forward to next December, in hopes they'll drop more frequently with added bonuses again!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #504 February, 2020, 06:04 pm.

@Dogoutlaw i think you are having a run of good luck and I am on the other end of that spectrum.

@Acumen ibwill try to hit up a sponsored fortress today to see if I can get some ERG to give out. Since .the 2.9 upgrade and no longer being able to harvest ESE gifts I have been getting 1-2 a day by just my regular play but I do try and send out as many as I can but in my opinion of all the gifts the most prized gift is the ERG. 🎁🎁🎁

#604 February, 2020, 09:10 pm.

@ClairabusGryff it's possible LOL I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts... Hopefully your streak will end soon!

• my6sensemy6sense Posts: 4
    #705 February, 2020, 01:43 am.

i still got it few extravagant runestones last week..

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited February 23 #823 February, 2020, 04:59 pm.

I very rarely see them. I know because I got sent one and I did a lot of fortresses with only basic runestones to show for it while trying to earn one to send back! Sometimes it can be hard to get even an Essential Runestone out of them, though!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #923 February, 2020, 05:32 pm.

@FireNightingale They are rare, the only advice that I can offer is to look if there’s a sponsored fortress within reach. I get better luck from them, weirdly enough with L1 Brilliant runestones in Chamber 1 (success rate around 1/30 for Extravagant, 1/15 for Essential).

I think I read somewhere that entire countries are devoid of sponsored anything. My sincere condolences to those, I wish you good luck!

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #1023 February, 2020, 05:52 pm.

@Dewin99 That would match my experience, as I think the last one I got was at a sponsored fortress. Unfortunately, the sponsored fortress is slap-bang in the middle of the high street of our busy city (as that's where the phone shop is). So, I only tend to play it if I'm passing through and feel I can linger in a shop long enough to play a low-level fortress without annoying staff & other customers.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    #1124 February, 2020, 12:28 am.

@Dewin99 I am proud to announce that Australia (about the size of US) has a sponsored fortress as of about a month ago. Yes, 1 sponsored fortress for the whole country. I am fortunate that it's in my city.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1224 February, 2020, 12:37 am.

that is jaw-droppingly painful to read @WerewolfChaser

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #1324 February, 2020, 02:31 am.

I rarely do but I see extravagant runestones way more than other extravagant gifts

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1424 February, 2020, 02:31 am.

No sponsored fortresses that I am aware of in Thailand.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1524 February, 2020, 04:14 am.

@Magpie31 can we just send you a pop-up sponsored fortress you could set up on the go?? and more calcium for your bones!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    #1624 February, 2020, 05:00 am.

@Bormacska if you're throwing them around I could do with some more calcium, osteoporosis. Now I'm feeling old.

There are many countries without a sponsored inn or fortress. Our local neighbours over the ditch in NZ miss out completely. That's just one.

There is talk that we will lose ours at some point, with a possibility it will travel interstate.

• SpecialivySpecialivy Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1715 October, 2020, 01:23 pm.

I realize this is an old thread, but I continue having this problem, even though I have bought the SOS items which are supposed to increase my chance of getting them. On the flip side, a friend in Florida gets Ext Runestone, Ext Spell and POTION gifts frequently. I know because I have been the happy recipient of many of them 😊 I just wish I could send some back.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #1815 October, 2020, 03:32 pm.

They remain very rare, despite the SoS skills.

And the rng generator hpwu uses has it's moments. So you can run into quite the stretches where you aren't getting any and then it's every few fortresses.

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #1915 October, 2020, 07:45 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I have noticed that too. I rarely get an ERG from the Knight Bus (there are no sponsored fortresses in Brazil). Sometimes I do 10-15 battles (from Ruins up to Forest) and get a single Essential.

I used to get a fairly good amount of Extravagant Spell Energy though and now this has dried out too. Now I get one a day at the most, when I get one, from 2 inns that I hit several times a day.

It's frustrating. I used to send many Extravagant Energy gifts , since I rarely get any Extravagant Runestones, and now I am unable to send even that.

Also, I have the impression that I'm getting less - not more - Extravagant gifts of any kind since I opened that specific SOS node.

Sorry, dear friends, I haven't been able to send back extravagant gifts for some time... Not for lack of trying. Even battling D5 awards me only an ordinary runestone. I'm truly frustrated for being unable to return the extravagant, or even the essential, gifts I receive. I keep trying though...

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2015 October, 2020, 07:55 pm.

@EowynRio i completely understand what you are saying. In my personal opinion since the SOS training rolled out in July the extravagant gifts from all sources has all but dried up. I can say I have bought the majority of those nodes but still just get maybe one extravagant gift a week if I am lucky to send out to my friends. Prior to SOS I used to get one every 36 hours. But I was also out much more then I am out now.

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #2115 October, 2020, 09:10 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Yes, I have the same impression. Extravagant gifts in general dried up since the introduction of the SOS tree.

Me too. I'm still keeping isolated, since in Brazil - specially in Rio - the pandemic is truly bad. All I can do is hit 2 or 3 inns and the knight bus from home. Once a week, I manage to go out for a couple of hours and hit a few more inns and an occasional greenhouse, which never give out any extravagant gifts.

It's a shame because I love sending gifts, I really do. So it's quite frustrating.