Screen going black when you tap the daily calendar

TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
edited February 4 in Archive #1 latest comment 04 February, 2020, 06:41 pm.

Is anyone having an issue with their screen going black when you tap on the daily calendar button/icon in the game and the Gringots shopping cart icon as well? There's no updates and it started last night. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app? I have no clue what's happened but I'm frustrated. @Dogoutlaw @Bormacska @MrsCDub@MrsCDub@MrSciGuy @Dewin99 sorry the tags are adding more people & not letting me delete/backspace, sigh.... I'm sorry to bother you guys, but you've kindly responded to my other posts which have helped me so much. Thank you again for that. Have any of you ever had this happen? I have service both 4G & WiFi. This just started out of nowhere & there's nothing in Google Play for updates. I reported it to that bot thingy via the app. Agggghh, I'm technology illiterate. Any advice, screenshots are attached.

Post edited by TwinGypsy on
0 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Comments

• edited February 4 #2-

I tried clearing cache/data as the trouble **** advised. Then uninstalling/reinstalling the app and now I can't even login whatsoever! Data mobile data error & that's ****. Everything else is working fine. Checked the Play store, restarted my phone, GPS is on, security & play store & my SO is all up to date. Tried WiFi with zero luck as well. Emailed Niantic, I doubt they'll respond. I'm getting ticked off, I've spent a good amount of money ($100+) & I'm starting to panick that everything will be lost.

Post edited by TwinGypsy on
  • AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 February, 2020, 01:27 pm.

We’ve all encountered bugs, and they sure can be frustrating. Sorry for your troubles. Have you tried searching through the Report a Bug section to see if others are having the same issue? You should either comment on an existing thread or create a new one. Be sure to share the model of phone, OS version, and when it started happening. People usually get a quick response from someone on the team.

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #404 February, 2020, 01:44 pm.

@Acumen thank you for responding. Yes, I have emailed Niantic with screenshots & all my info etc. I also reported it when I was able to via the bot assistant thru the game. It responded with: I see that you encountered an error message. I put the same photos in the email. I still keep getting the network error message. I have a Samsung S9. I've tried WiFi, 4G, everything is working including other apps, internet etc. I've uninstalled & reinstalled 3x with no luck. I'm really bummed b/c today was the Brilliant event starting. Mainly, I'm upset because of the money I've spent is completely down the drain. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

#5 Best Answer 04 February, 2020, 01:50 pm.

I doubt you’re doing anything wrong at all.

I see a thread in the Report a Bug section here on the forum where they say they’re investigating a network error loop that’s occurring on some devices after update 2.9.0. I’d add your two cents there and keep an eye on that thread for updates.

#604 February, 2020, 02:13 pm.

@Acumen I did what you advised. I chose the thread that was in reference to S7 because that was the closest thing to my issue. I tried to start a bug report, but apparently I'm not doing something correctly. Thank you for attaching the link. Was incredibly helpful 😊

edited February 4 #704 February, 2020, 02:13 pm.

Grrr

#804 February, 2020, 02:17 pm.

It looks like a member of the HPWU support team has moved your post to the report a big section for you.

#904 February, 2020, 02:20 pm.

AWWWWESOME! I can't for the life of me figure out how to report it. I feel like an idiot, but I'm glad I took screenshots. Where's the report a bug section? I'm so sorry to keep bothering you @Acumen

#1004 February, 2020, 02:24 pm.

No worries, @TwinGypsy. 😊

You’re already in the report a bug section. Your original post has been moved here. If you scroll up to the top of the post, you’ll see the path to the Report a Bug category of the forum, indicating that’s where you are now.

#1104 February, 2020, 02:43 pm.

Breadcrumbs are a super handy way to navigate around a site like this one. It’s the path you always see displayed at the top of any page you’re viewing. Breadcrumbs look like this...

You can click on any portion of the breadcrumbs to go back to the Report a Bug page where all the bugs are listed (including yours), or back to the Questions and Feedback category, or all the way back to the main community page.

#1204 February, 2020, 03:24 pm.

You're amazing, thank you so so much. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. @Acumen

#1304 February, 2020, 03:37 pm.

Nice! Thanks, @TwinGypsy. 😊

I’m totally marking that one on the calendar.

I also hope the @HPWUTeam gets you fixed up soon.

#1404 February, 2020, 04:18 pm.

@Acumen Hahahahaha! That made my day! Thank you kindly for all your help! Just out of curiosity, how long do bug fixes roughly take to adjust? By your experience or what you've seen in the past?

Yaz-

edited February 4 #1504 February, 2020, 04:29 pm.

For stuff that’s preventing some users from logging in, they typically get an update rolled out within a day or two. Keep an eye on the threads in this forum for any news, and the Google Play store for an app update. @TwinGypsy

Post edited by Acumen on
    edited February 4 #1604 February, 2020, 04:36 pm.

Oh, and also try to force close the app if you haven't already, @TwinGypsy.

• Go to Settings (not game settings, but settings on your phone).
    • Scroll down and tap on Application Manager.
    • Scroll down in the ‘Downloaded’ list and tap the name of the app (Wizards Unite).
    • Tap ‘Force Stop’ to fully close the application on your device.

Then try to relaunch the application and see if it'll allow you to sign in at that point. Definitely make sure you're on a good WiFi connection, because you'll have to download all assets again if you've reinstalled.

To download all assets in the game, tap your suitcase, hit the settings icon at the upper left-hand corner, then scroll down and tap on the option to the option to Download All Assets.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 466 admin
    #1704 February, 2020, 05:37 pm.

@TwinGypsy welcome! and thanks for reporting. by the look of your screenshots, I can see that you're using a Samsung device. I can also see that you have download booster enabled - can you disable download booster from your phone's settings? download booster has had some history messing with the game.

edited February 4 #1804 February, 2020, 06:28 pm.

@HPWUrobert I didn't realize that was turned on. I went to settings and disabled it. I was able to log back in. Thank you. One Little button makes all that ruckus?

Yaaaaay, everything is working again!!! I'm technology challenged at my age.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO

SOOOOOO MUCH!

I really really truly appreciate the expedient response & help!

#1904 February, 2020, 06:30 pm.

@Acumen it was because I had the download booster enabled on my phone. I didn't even know that button existed in settings lol. The team was awesome and I think I got logged back in. Sigh of relief.

#2004 February, 2020, 06:41 pm.

Right on, @TwinGypsy. 😊

And great job, @HPWUrobert. 😃

This discussion has been closed.