Book night event

LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 06 February, 2020, 07:34 pm.

Comments

• edited February 5 #2-

https://youtu.be/P3-G8hqRJSY

livestream from anthony constant aka @Valki

edit:

Post edited by kiheikid on
  • MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #331 January, 2020, 09:05 pm.

Love this but hate the timing. Brilliant event with 5 portkeys to unlock plus 10 bonus and now dragon portkeys as well. Would’ve been so much better a week later.

• Riversong5972Riversong5972 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited January 31 #631 January, 2020, 10:19 pm.

Oh! I heard about this event on Tumblr, it's Triwizard themed. How neat they are putting in the game like that!

Yeah, having two events at the same time will be a lot but honestly, I've been opening Portkeys up like crazyyy so I'm ready and excited for the challenge!

Fyi, I believe this is the event it's based on:

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #731 January, 2020, 10:19 pm.

@ClairabusGryff good point, as long as they keep them 1k! But yes if so, we can just knock all those out and wait until Saturday to even start picking up brilliant 3ks.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #831 January, 2020, 11:01 pm.

Thank you @Riversong5972 for that link!

@MrSciGuy Fazes confirmed on discord the dragon egg portmanteaus will be 1km. So yay, that makes the BE portmanteau tasks so much easier! There's also an overlap on the tasks for defeating foes in the fortress, so if you can plan that out, it would help as well.

• Riversong5972Riversong5972 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited January 31 #931 January, 2020, 11:21 pm.

Course @Dogoutlaw!

Ooh, thanks for that info regarding the Dragon Egg portkeys. Do you know if tonic for trace potion will increase dragon sitings during this event? I know past events, the tonic and featured foundables were linked a bit!

• TotalDominationTotalDomination Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1031 January, 2020, 11:48 pm.

I love the idea behind this event, but the dragons are only appearing on certain continents. I don’t see myself traveling to Asia/the Middle East any time soon, so how can I obtain the Chinese Fireball and Antipodean Opaleye fragments?

#1101 February, 2020, 12:38 am.

@TotalDomination unless they do a future event to spawn all dragons globally, you'd have to travel. But the way they did it, at least you'll be able to prestige (or at least have a chance to prestige) the page that your regional dragon is on. For many of us, we have our regional dragon placed and a big white hole for the other dragon.

#1201 February, 2020, 12:39 am.

@Riversong5972 I haven't seen any word on TTD increasing spawns, so who knows.

• TotalDominationTotalDomination Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1301 February, 2020, 12:58 am.

@Dogoutlaw I’m going to have white holes on my pages, too. I’m in the United States, so there’s one dragon on each page that I can collect.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1401 February, 2020, 04:17 am.

I guess I will be able to get my registry page up a bit. Being a player in Asia, we are getting the same two dragons as last time. I got excited for a second and thought we would see all of them, but oh well. I am, however, looking forward to picking up a load of portkeys to help with that bonus task. I like my pretty badges and there is a pretty badge for part two!

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #1501 February, 2020, 12:30 pm.

Does anyone know how many dragon and egg fragments are needed to prestiege each level/page? Wondering what the possibility is to get the page to gold.

#1601 February, 2020, 03:42 pm.

@TotalDomination I might not be understanding your comment, so please forgive me if so. But I’m in the States as well. We’ll be seeing the peruvian vipertooth (our native dragon) and the common welsh green, which is the dragon on the same page as our native. So you’ll hopefully be able to place the welsh green and prestige that page. The only hole I should have after this event is the opaleye. Assuming you were able to play during the day of dragons event, you should be the same I think.

@ManateeMomma found on another site. Dragon quantities and egg quantities are same for both pages.

#1702 February, 2020, 12:48 am.

Thanks. Seesh....almost 50 portkeys and 100 dragon fragments to collect to get to gold....I guess my goal will be to get to silver.

#1802 February, 2020, 08:42 am.

My goal is bronze😂😂🤷🏻‍♀️

#1902 February, 2020, 09:00 pm.

Mine is too. I've figured out a timeframe.....I think.....

Monday: brew and hold 2 potions.

Tuesday after 1pm:

- 5 brillant pensieve

- use 2 potions

- collect 2 brewed potions

- start working on ports

Wednesday after 11am:

- walk/unlock 5 ports

- use 1 BBE

- 7 / 20 foudables:

10 green dragons to prestiege page

5 goblets

5 from Magical Games

-Arresto Momentum 3 times

- 5 high threat foundables (dragons)

- use 2 dark dectectors

Thursday:

- 10/30 foes in wizarding challenges

Use at least 3 Darkest of Times Runestones

Use 7 potions

I think following this will complete the BE and BN basic tasks by Thursday evening, giving the rest of the time to focus on collecting eggs, dragons, werewolves, and the whatever brillants needed for the bonus tasks. I really hope I can get through this. Our family has lots going on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I did this list to try to know how to get it all completed in one swoop.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2003 February, 2020, 12:49 am.

I love your plan @ManateeMomma ! I may follow it as you have thought it out very well so thank you for sharing!!

#2103 February, 2020, 04:31 am.

My evenings on Wed, Thu, and Fri are also busy, so I’ll be doing similar to be as efficient with my time as possible. Good luck!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2203 February, 2020, 06:23 am.

@ManateeMomma - good planning! mahalo

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2305 February, 2020, 07:16 am.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #2405 February, 2020, 01:43 pm.

Piece a cake! I just finish all task in one day.

The next is full fragment time and finding egg!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2505 February, 2020, 01:45 pm.

Well my technique was to rush out like a woman possessed at 11am & put a baruffio on, grab every dragon I saw, and goblet & then I just got so overwhelmed also looking out for the Pensieve cos nearly every one im getting is Dumbledore or Fawkes! Then it got to where my head might explode!!....but anyway, managed prestige first hour, i can get back out for a little bit later today.

Is anybody else a bit exhausted!!? 😂

If I'd had time pop on here first i could have formulated a plan- but the run around looking like I were doing the supermarket sweep of dragons approach went ok I suppose 😂

#2605 February, 2020, 02:29 pm.

My plan is less about dragons and more about those 1km portkeys. I want to get them and walk them off for part 2 then get 10 more and up to the bonus task asap so I can then start loading my 3km portkeys to walk off towards the end of the event / after.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #2705 February, 2020, 03:03 pm.

Unfortunately I havn't seen a single dragon so this event is a complete disappointment, so far... Hope @HPWULola can note this...

• AmeliassocAmeliassoc Posts: 10
    #2805 February, 2020, 03:08 pm.

Seems like no dragons are showing up for anyone in an entire country... disappointing if not fixed.

• GrogBlossomGrogBlossom Posts: 11
    edited February 5 #2905 February, 2020, 03:15 pm.

No dragons, eggs or portmanteaus in Malta. We didn't get dragons on Day of the Dragons either. Is it because it's a small country with not many people? Or are we a no-fly zone? (rest of book day working fine - goblet showing up etc, just no dragon elements) @HPWULola

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3005 February, 2020, 03:19 pm.

I am in Texas so the dragons haven’t started appearing as of yet. It is 9:18am here. So for the folks who have completed the event did anyone have more success with finding dragons with a TTD?

#3105 February, 2020, 03:21 pm.

No boost noticed with TTD. But I saw all my dragons in a PoI rich non-landmarked area (the same sort of places that you usually find oddities).