Celebrate Harry Potter Book Night and the Triwizard Tournament

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3205 February, 2020, 05:42 pm.

Thank you @Punkyfins and @MtPollux - it is the middle of the day here and I have yet to see a dragon or an egg. I did get one blue Portkey. And I have seen 4 fragments of the goblet of fire. But that’s it. I don’t know when dragons are supposed to spawn. I typically get at least one dragon a week and they are always during the daytime.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    edited February 5 #3305 February, 2020, 05:44 pm.

@ClairabusGryff the eggs come from the portmanteaus. :)

And a correction: I just caught one more green, àfter dark. So my previous guess seems to be wrong...

#3405 February, 2020, 05:53 pm.

@Acumen let me know how it goes for you at lunch as I am still not seeing any dragons. Almost a whole hour and not one dragon. 🐉

#3505 February, 2020, 05:54 pm.

@Punkyfins I thought that I saw a picture recently with an egg just laying out in the wild. Perhaps I am wrong. Still no dragons for me. 😔

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3605 February, 2020, 06:01 pm.

@ClairabusGryff @Punkyfins people have reported getting dragon eggs from the map as well, not just the portmanteaus, so they are there. Best to keep a look out for them. I haven’t come across them yet either, but I shall keep an eye out.

#3705 February, 2020, 06:18 pm.

My post went for moderation *sighs*.

Wonder why? 🤔😂

Anyway, just wanted to say I got an egg from the map, soon after posting here. Cool, but also weird.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 795 admin
    #3805 February, 2020, 06:28 pm.

@Hoyot Hopefully your luck has improved! Let me know if you are still not seeing anything.

One piece of advice is if you feel the event hasn't started for you correctly, fully close the app and this may help trigger the start.

Players can find both Dragon Eggs and Dragon Portmanteaus on the map!

I still have 40 minutes till the event starts for me 😱I'm excited!

#3905 February, 2020, 06:33 pm.

Posted here and shortly after I just got an egg from the map. Seriously cool, and also very weird. 😂

#4005 February, 2020, 06:34 pm.

@Imaginatio Awesome!! Thanks for sharing

#4105 February, 2020, 06:37 pm.

That's a relief! I already imagined myself having to open 24 portkeys to fill the page back up after prestiging! 😂

#4205 February, 2020, 06:50 pm.

That was a quick turn around for the post going to moderation and then appearing on here magically... I wonder who did that... 🤔

(whispers... was it you @HPWULola 😯 I think it may have been. 😂)

@HPWULola thanks 😊

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4305 February, 2020, 07:42 pm.

It’s night time here and I’m still seeing dragons.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4405 February, 2020, 07:51 pm.

I saw around ten dragons during my lunch hour, @ClairabusGryff. Only a couple Welsh Greens so far. I hope to spot enough of them to prestige the page to bronze, at the very least. Picked up ten peculiar portmanteaus, but haven’t spotted any eggs on the map yet. I’d rather not find any until I prestige the page anyway.

Cruising along just fine. The overlap with the Brilliant event definitely feels like more of a help than a hindrance. What’s available in one set of tasks makes it easier to complete the other set. Well done!

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #4505 February, 2020, 09:12 pm.

Thank you @HPWULola I'm glad you have handled my complaint :-)

Yes, finally I've found 6 dragons (not a huge numbers but ok)

If my luck has improved, tomorrow will be a great day

Thank you!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4605 February, 2020, 09:33 pm.

Great news @Hoyot Good luck tomorrow!

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #4705 February, 2020, 09:52 pm.

I still don't believe in dragons at least around here - not one has appeared - even with trace tonic.. I think mixing events might have overloaded the game a little. Plenty of dragons in the prior event... zero so far in this one....

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4805 February, 2020, 10:12 pm.

@Imaginatio did that notice about dragon eggs pop up for you? I haven’t seen that at all. I saw maybe 3 dragons and a few dragon portkeys but that’s it. No eggs on the map or notice about them.

@HPWULola are dragons for this event only out during a sunny day? I know that’s usually the case, but I’m hoping that’s not the case for this mini event. I saw 3 dragons after work (around 4pm eastern time US) and then nothing. Hopefully they’re not time/weather locked because many people won’t be able to get them during the week.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #4905 February, 2020, 10:22 pm.

I have seen 1 dragon portkey, ZERO dragons and eggs and lots of goblets of fire and Pensieve. As I stated previously I think they are trying to mix too many events in one go which maybe for some is working but not in here...

#5006 February, 2020, 01:05 am.

@Acumen i went out at lunch and found about a dozen or so dragons and loaded up on 10 dragon portkeys. So it’s going better. But while i am at work I only saw 2. So it seems like I only find them when I am driving around. I found two eggs on the ground too. I was easily able to complete the brilliant event and am now working on the bonus event with the 10 portkeys which should be easy due to the 1 km portkeys. At lunch I even got my 10/11 tank of brains. Which was awesome. When I did leave for lunch I popped a BBE so the WXP was amazing!! Like 50k WXP today. Woohoo!!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5106 February, 2020, 01:44 am.

@ClairabusGryff My plan is to finish the brilliant event and get to the bonus tonight. Fingers crossed..determined to get full use out of these 1km portkeys. My ideal would be to stock up for future brilliant events, but I will need the space for brilliant portkeys later in the event, so not possible.

edited February 6 #5206 February, 2020, 02:40 am.

@MrSciGuy that notice about the dragon egg popped up after I clicked the dragon egg on the map. It looks like it’s not one of the usual notices that come at the beginning of an event.

Also I’ve been seeing dragons during the day, dusk and night, so quite sure they’re not weather/time locked.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5306 February, 2020, 03:05 am.

Thanks @Imaginatio. I’ll keep my eye out for dragon eggs on the map. I thankfully did see a couple more dragons in the last couple hours.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #5406 February, 2020, 07:15 am.

I was fortunate enough to find an egg out in the wild yesterday. I only saw one though and I saw a lot of portmanteaus, so I think they're fairly rare.

Worth noting that the dragons' egg portmanteaus show up even if you don't have space, you just can't pick them up if you already have a full list.

I noticed the bulk of the dragon portmanteaus I saw were in the area I go to that has the largest number of inns, and greenhouses near a fortress. Though I also noted them near clusters of inns.

#5506 February, 2020, 05:09 pm.

Good plan @Magpie31 . I have prestiged once yesterday and am hoping to prestige one more time befor the event is over in 24 hours.

#5606 February, 2020, 06:01 pm.

Still having a tough time finding them. Am I correct that the event ends tomorrow at 11 in the morning? I've lost a few portkeys to errors, and hope I can still finish the dragon event. What are your experiences?

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #5706 February, 2020, 07:45 pm.

@HPWULola Great day today. A lot of dragons and eggs. Thank you!

But... due to problems related to low spawn why not extending the deadline?-D

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5806 February, 2020, 08:12 pm.

So per fazes the weather has been turned off for dragons, they should be showing no matter the type of weather or time of day. I have found for eggs on the ground and for dragons in general they show more prevalently when I'm moving than sitting still. Even with TTD on.

@Hoyot my understanding is that the game goes until Friday 11am local time. I believe they gave us 48 hrs for the event.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #5907 February, 2020, 03:27 am.

So per fazes the weather has been turned off for dragons, they should be showing no matter the type of weather or time of day.

Are you sure about time of day? I don't have much time during the day, and a total of 3 hours of daytime and 6+ hours of evening gave me 8 of 10 common greens (maybe 2 in the evening, 6 in the day), and 6 vipers (1 in the evening, 5 in the day).

I'm going to have to squeeze a morning park visit (brr ... cold) in somehow to make this finish.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6007 February, 2020, 07:01 pm.

😥Goodbye dragons, it's been fun!

@HPWULola please let the team know we had so much fun catching dragons! The Goblet of Fire was a nice perk, but for us, it was all about the dragons. (And I'm taking it as a personal B-Day present for myself... lol). I LOVED seeing them. Thanks!

#6107 February, 2020, 07:16 pm.

That's a wrap for me as well! This fella was just in my office, but I fended him off. Hope he didn't frighten anyone too much!