Adventure Sync 101 & Troubleshooting
Hi everyone! As Version 2.9.0 continues to roll out, I know many of you are excited and curious to learn more about the Adventure Sync feature. Our Help Center has great content about this (+many other topics) and I wanted to pass it along ☺️
Adventure Sync is an optional mode that records your kilometers walked even while the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite app isn’t open. Using Apple Health or Google Fit, Adventure Sync allows you to stay active and unlock Portmanteaus without significantly impacting your device’s battery life.
Activating Adventure Sync
To use Adventure Sync, you’ll have to allow Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to access your location even when you’re not using the app and connect the app with either the Apple Health app or with the Google Fit app.
- Tap the Suitcase menu from the Map
- Tap the Setting button in the top left corner of the screen
- Scroll down and tap to enable the setting. You'll be prompted to grant location permissions for . You will also be prompted to allow Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to access to your distance data for either Apple Health or Google Fit.
Note: In order for this feature to track location in the background, you must opt to share your location with the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite app at all times (even when the app is closed).
If you play multiple Niantic titles with Adventure Sync enabled:
As long as your accounts share a login method, your distance traveled will match across the games. Even if you play on multiple devices, your distance will not get double-counted or overwritten.
If there’s a discrepancy between the Adventure Sync distance reported from different games, you’ll get credit for the highest distance. For instance, if you have both Pokémon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite installed and Pokémon GO tracks a higher distance than Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will credit you with your distance from Pokémon GO.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Adventure Sync isn’t tracking my fitness progress
- Enable Location Services: Make sure your device’s location permissions are set to always allow Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to access your location even while the app is closed. Devices without location settings or GPS will not be able to use Adventure Sync.
- Connect the Google Fit or Apple Health App: The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite app must be connected to either Google Fit or Apple Health in order to track your distance walked. Open the Google Fit or Apple Health app to ensure that your device is properly recording your fitness activity and that the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite app is connected:
Adventure Sync is only crediting me with a portion of my distance traveled
- The game may not always show the most up-to-date distance you walked. Players can expect a delay of up to several hours for the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite app to sync with Apple Health or Google Fit and accurately track your activity. Restarting the game may help push your fitness data and expedite this process.
- Your phone’s battery saver modes can disable the sensors needed for Adventure Sync and may interfere with the functionality of this feature. Make sure you disable battery-saving modes while using Adventure Sync.
- Google Fit app only: Power-saving settings may interfere with Adventure Sync. Ensure this Google Fit app setting is disabled.
- Fitness data that is manually entered into Apple Health or Google Fit will not count towards your Adventure Sync progress.
How do I disable Adventure Sync?
To disable Adventure Sync from the app:
- Tap the Suitcase
- Tap the Settings button in the top left corner
- Toggle the ‘Adventure Sync’ setting to off
Check out the full Troubleshooting article here: