Daily Assignments - I often have to view my daily tasks in order to receive credit for them

Comments

• meelzebubmeelzebub Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #12207 September, 2020, 05:24 am.

Agreed with Acsegi above: I've finally got round to reporting it, but it's been going on a while now. It was just especially noticeable because I knew for sure I'd already returned 10 foundables, brewed and used a potion, done 3 wizarding challenges etc. I knew I ought to have rewards waiting.

Sometimes it will have started collecting the things I've ticked off, only to go back to zero. While it does eventually get round to registering in-game actions, it's hard to know what finally triggers it to actually do so.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    #12307 September, 2020, 05:39 am.

It's a known bug, with apparently not a high priority, that's been going on for a while.

Opening my daily quest page to trigger it, is now the first thing I do every day.

• BarefootTikiBarefootTiki Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #12410 September, 2020, 06:31 am.

I’m walking around, brewing a potion, picking up an object, returning traces... None of which is being tracked in Daily Tasks

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    #12510 September, 2020, 06:20 pm.

This is a bug for some people. Make sure you go to the daily tasks page first thing when you log in and it should start to track after that

• LolaMinouLolaMinou Posts: 1
    #12618 September, 2020, 04:23 am.

This happens to me a few times. I cleared a few Daily Assignment task but it wasn’t recorded. I have to restart the app again and only then will they start to register. The strange thing is, a few times this happen during an event, what I clear is registered in the Special Assignment but not the Daily Assignments.

• JodavriJodavri Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12718 September, 2020, 06:26 am.

I did not get my daily assignments last night, they were all zero. I always claim them before I go to bed, so I had no time to do them all over again. Of course I did everything; I even had just used a tonic.

• WyckedWayzWyckedWayz Posts: 0
    #12818 September, 2020, 12:26 pm.

I did the android update yesterday. I started my daily tasks this morning and absolutely nothing I've done has registered and it's showing zero across the board.

• SMcFranSMcFran Posts: 2
    #12918 September, 2020, 12:27 pm.

Same here. Not receiving any.

• GaileyGirlGaileyGirl Posts: 2
    #13023 September, 2020, 07:45 pm.

Today I had brewed potions, returned foundables and picked up items from the map. I also claimed step 2 of 4 for the event. When I checked my daily tasks, there was no credit for any tasks. I think my daily tasks were eliminated when I claimed the event rewards.

• DevtraksDevtraks Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #13126 September, 2020, 04:32 pm.

Often, I will (a) return foundables, (b) walk, (c) brew a potion, or (d) anything else in the daily assignments BEFORE looking at the daily assignments. When I look at the list of daily assignments later, it will show no progress on any of them.

This happens about half the time; often enough to be very annoying, but not often enough for me to think it’s a feature. More often it happens during events, but it also happens outside of events.

• Craze5926Craze5926 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #13227 September, 2020, 03:05 am.

Yeah, it’s bad, I started killing the game and restarting before I collect anything to prevent this!

• humtweedlehumtweedle Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #13308 October, 2020, 03:04 pm.

I completed several assignments today but none of them registered under the Daily Assignments. I restarted my phone and the game, and only then did the daily assignments begin updating.

• AhtnamasYenolomAhtnamasYenolom Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #13409 October, 2020, 04:01 pm.

Mine are not working either. I have completed several tasks and they have not counted. This seems to be happening frequently.

• Huffle4UTonksHuffle4UTonks Posts: 83 ✭✭
    #13510 October, 2020, 09:08 pm.

This is a known bug, that happens sometimes if you don't open the daily tasks page before doing any of the task. Normally it won't happen if you open that page before doing anything in the game.

• BlastedNarglesBlastedNargles Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #13612 October, 2020, 03:48 am.

I had this issue when I used several devices and multiple accounts. If this is the case, try to stick to one device or open the daily assignments first thing. Sometimes I would have to open the page several times before it reset but haven't had an issue since using only one device per account.

• mszzajmszzaj Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #13714 October, 2020, 01:04 am.

I use to ****/restart the game before playing. Daily assignment list use to view immediately at startup, as it did today, and then it’s safe to start the tasks.

I’ve had no problems with the progress of tasks for a long time - until today.

So far I returned a couple of foundables, brew a potion, collected three potions and picked up ingredients - so I should also been earning some wxp.

But no tasks were registered in the list when I checked!

Restarted and caught a foundable, checked the list - it was registered, but still none of the earlier tasks.

Really annoying.

• KingConjoKingConjo Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #13814 October, 2020, 11:44 am.

Again, the daily rewards are not getting accepted after completion. I have to kick HPWU off my telephone, and reinstall to get my daily rewards activated.

• GrannyMcGGrannyMcG Posts: 0
    #13916 October, 2020, 11:36 pm.

I've been playing the game all day and have completed most of the daily assignments, but the daily assignment tracking bars have all stayed at zero, except for a very few wizarding points.

• BethMarketingBethMarketing Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #14017 October, 2020, 05:32 am.

I am finishing assignments that are not being marked off as completed unless I repeat the same assignment 2 or 3 more times for it to show completed.

• ArmyOfDorknessArmyOfDorkness Posts: 2
    #14119 October, 2020, 11:42 pm.

If you do not open the daily (or special event) quests, you do not get credit for them. Once you look at the objectives, they function normally. This is super frustrating to have to redo them over.

• JulesgriffJulesgriff Posts: 0
    #14221 October, 2020, 07:28 pm.

My daily tasks are resetting at various times during the day and I am no longer receiving my rewards for my tasks completed

• mang0stickyric3mang0stickyric3 Posts: 0
    #14322 October, 2020, 04:50 am.

I've completed all Daily Task yesterday but when I wanna collect the rewards at the end of the day, notice that all task are not captured. I've completed most of Task 1 of current event on the first day, so it's impossible that all the task. Please help.

• ShadoeKaatShadoeKaat Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #14422 October, 2020, 05:37 am.

I am having trouble with the daily task. I cleared a whole page in the brilliant event and nothing populated on the daily task.

this is an ongoing issue with the page not accepting gameplay

why is it doing this?

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 598 ✭✭✭
    #14522 October, 2020, 07:13 am.

@ShadoeKaat you need to actually open the game (not refresh) each day, after having closed it completely, (i prefer to do this every night, so i open in the morning), OR open the daily task list each morning to make sure it is active

#14622 October, 2020, 07:15 am.

@mang0stickyric3 make sure you are closing the game completely each night and reopening the game new each morning, not just doing a refresh, OR make sure you look at the daily task list each morning to activate it

#14725 October, 2020, 03:44 pm.

This is the second day in a row my daily assignments are not being counted. What gives? This is frustrating and I am greatly vexed.

#14825 October, 2020, 04:37 pm.

@AhtnamasYenolom make sure to completely close the game at night and then open it in the morning, or open the daily task list first thing so that it activates

• TeentitansgoTeentitansgo Posts: 0
    #14926 October, 2020, 10:49 am.

several times now I have not been credited my daily rewards until I have played for s while. For example - not getting credited for taking part in a Wizarding challenge until I've completed 2 or 3 challenges. Or not getting credited the first 3 or 4 traces.

• HogWizDeluxeHogWizDeluxe Posts: 1
    #15026 October, 2020, 12:06 pm.

It's in inconceivable to me that this hasn't been fixed yet! This has indeed been going on forever and it's extremely annoying when you get to the end of the day to find that "the daily task bug" (as my wife and I call it) has struck again! Please fix this. Please. Really.

#15129 October, 2020, 04:23 am.

Yet again my daily assignments are not registering. I used several potions and none registered. I also completed a Wizarding challenge that did not show up.