Daily Assignments - I often have to view my daily tasks in order to receive credit for them

Comments

• Joshv009Joshv009 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #9208 August, 2020, 01:19 pm.

The distance walked while the game was closed registered to unlock the portkey.

But my daily distance shows.. 0/0.25.

I have reached stage 3 in CD tasks of doing chambers, however my daily tasks show 0 chambers done today.

Is anyone else facing this same bug!??

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 628 ✭✭✭
    #9308 August, 2020, 03:19 pm.
  • HermioneTheGr8HermioneTheGr8 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #9410 August, 2020, 11:58 am.

I played for an hour this morning, used TFTD and Exstimulo, walked, and completed all daily tasks but the progress did not register. I force quit the app twice, losing time on my TFTD, and finally progress began to register. I’ve completed all the tasks but have nothing to show for it. INC. screenshot of daily assignments page after force close #2 (showing no potions used) and screenshot of map page showing TFTD almost run out.

• HermioneTheGr8HermioneTheGr8 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #9510 August, 2020, 01:42 pm.

@HPWUrobert - any help/guidance will be appreciated.

• thetruebatthetruebat Posts: 0
    #9810 August, 2020, 07:19 pm.

I have not been given credit for the daily .25 km assignment the past few days, even though I have enough distance to unlocked portkeys both days.

• Joshv009Joshv009 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #9911 August, 2020, 04:25 am.

Yeah seems like the same problem others are facing as well.

Seems like a Bug in the daily activity

Where it does not consistently record your activities.

Irony was when portkeys had hatched in the background, however daily task had not.

Meaning the game understands activities, but does not update the daily activities consistently.

• SnarkabadgerSnarkabadger Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #10012 August, 2020, 11:50 pm.

Daily tasks have had a bug issue since WU was first started. It’s a constant hassle to have to open to that page prior to doing anything else, often losing traces, energy or ingredients in the process😩 I

wish they would take the time to just fix it or create a bridge/ patch that allows the fix to Be auto moved when there’s an update, so the fix isn’t lost again.

• BrainyBrandyBrainyBrandy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #10113 August, 2020, 08:29 pm.

The game did not count the 20mins or walking I did today so I didn’t not get to complete my daily assignments nor have I been able to open Brilliant Portkeys.

thanks.

• mysterymeowmysterymeow Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #10214 August, 2020, 12:30 pm.

I have had portkeys register kms and open, but daily task walk is not registering equivalent kms. Has happened on 2 different days. Cannot complete daily tasks

• NerakdrofNerakdrof Posts: 2
    #10314 August, 2020, 01:24 pm.

I’ve never had any problems with the game before, but noticed I have not had the TTD potions I brewed last night & collected this morning added to my vault. Used standard plus rented cauldron to let me stock up more. Only noticed when went to use one later in morning - started with 10, then should have had 12 after using one after collecting 3, but only 9 remaining after using one today. Not major problem as can collect ingredients easily enough and collect gold coins as complete daily challenges, but want to report bug in case affects others that might not be able to collect things as easily! Thanks 😀

• WatTheJessieWatTheJessie Posts: 0
    #10417 August, 2020, 11:01 am.

Hi there. My daily assignments isn’t registering when I have brewed a potion (or many), therefore I’m unable to complete my daily tasks. It’s been happening sporadically over the last two weeks and I’ve missed out a few times now. Just wondering how I can fix this - thanks 😊

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 628 ✭✭✭
    #10517 August, 2020, 12:43 pm.

@WatTheJessie Did you check the assignments first before collecting the potions?

There is a known issue regarding the daily assignments that may prevent your progress from regestering. An easy workaround is to always check tasks first - then it usually works.

• wydokwydok Posts: 2
    #10617 August, 2020, 01:01 pm.

I am in a Samsung Galaxy 10 and the same thing happens to me. If the app was running over night (if I didn't intentionally close it), that's when it seems to happen.

• Huffle4UTonksHuffle4UTonks Posts: 83 ✭✭
    #10717 August, 2020, 01:17 pm.

Got this problem today for the first time. Picked up an ingredient, didn't count on the daily tasks list. Opened the list, then picked up another ingredient and collected a finished potion, and it counted.

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0., Samsung experience-version 9.0.

• BoaDestructorBoaDestructor Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #10817 August, 2020, 02:08 pm.

Fix: Daily assignments screen "must get focus" before they get triggered

It has been a bug for many months, that manifests itself during events per definition, when and where there are other assignments in play.

Here's how it works: the daily assignments screen must get "focus" as we say in IT, and that's what (invisible to the user) happens _right_ after you get your daily assignment reward which is something different every day, and resets at the start of the month: a potion, ingredient, scroll, etc.

When there's an event going, and that is more often than not really, that screen gets the focus and not the daily assignments screen.

The result of that is that the daily assignments don't get triggered.

An easy workaround is, during any event, to manually click the daily assignments screen yourself.

However, this would be also a very easy solution to implement by the developers themselves, if only they were aware of this root cause to the problem.

Please verify that this works and upvote, thanks!

• xXMagicMikeXxxXMagicMikeXx Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #10918 August, 2020, 01:29 pm.

It doesn't count any progress towards the daily tasks. I literally completed half of the daily tasks and none were registered. I played the game yesterday. This morning I open it up. If i forgot to close the app out in app switcher then even though it does a new start of the game, it will not register my daily task progress.

• JixamaJixama Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #11019 August, 2020, 06:42 pm.

This has been an annoying bug from day 1. I work around it by opening the daily tasks page first thing in the morning, but still sometimes forget and get bitten by this.

• CartomCartom Posts: 1
    #11120 August, 2020, 03:26 pm.

Left it running last night after adding my 20 points for picking up ingredient and gold for completing tasks. This morning the daily tasks opened, and all looked well. Picked up a half dozen or so ingredients, collected 2 brewed potions and returned 3 confoundables. Hmm nothing pops up on screen. Checked my daily assignments and nothing registered. Looked at my energy and realized it never updated from last night as well. Not too happy....

• HeylojojoHeylojojo Posts: 2
    #11224 August, 2020, 01:43 pm.

Hi I’ve brewed a few potions and walked a long distance today but my daily task is not updated. I’ve opened a few portkeys today too. I did open the daily task page this morning so that’s not the issue. Please advise ,

thanks.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,710 mod
    #11324 August, 2020, 05:47 pm.

@Heylojojo I've merged your thread with a similar discussion for visibility.

Our team is looking into this issue. As a workaround, please restart the app and be sure to visit/ view the Daily Assignments page before you start these tasks. Also, you may keep an eye on this thread for a status update on this issue.

• JulzDCJulzDC Posts: 2
    edited August 2020 #11426 August, 2020, 01:42 pm.

I’ve only really noticed this with traces. On daily, for example, if I don’t look at the daily assignments first, it won’t count successful traces.

This has happened in events as well, including the current one. Also, this morning i completed two brilliant traces, looked at the assignment and realized it didn’t count them. After looking at the event assignment (2/4) i did two more brilliant traces and it only counted one.

Really annoying considering brilliant traces don’t appear as often as they used to and require potions to complete even generic brilliant trace assignments.

UPDATE: i just realized i misread the event assignment. So, I didn’t have a case where an action didn’t increment after i looked at the assignment. HOWEVER, the bug still has still happened on daily and event assignments if I don’t look first.

• DeletethisacttoDeletethisactto Posts: 0
    #11526 August, 2020, 04:05 pm.

Daily Tasks are not counting completed tasks on August 25 and 27

1. Wizarding Challenge with 4 players

2. Three returned unfoundables

3. Items picked up

• AutumnfurAutumnfur Posts: 2
    #11627 August, 2020, 04:49 pm.

Although I received credit for level 2 and 3 of the challenge events today, I have ZERO credit for any of the daily tasks. NONE of the daily tasks even though I clearly walked enough to complete portkey distance requirements.

• PauloUberabaPauloUberaba Posts: 0
    #11701 September, 2020, 01:17 pm.

Today my daily tasks is not regestering and counting any of them.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #11801 September, 2020, 02:28 pm.

Fully close the app, reopen the game and go back into the tab and it should be fine

• LisaChloeJaneLisaChloeJane Posts: 0
    #11903 September, 2020, 01:06 am.

I played today and completed all my daily tasks. About an hour after I logged back in to collect my rewards and they reset as if I hadn't played. The count down said it still had 3+ hours until reset. ☹

• DevnetneedfocusDevnetneedfocus Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #12006 September, 2020, 06:08 pm.

Bugs have gone Retro! Today, I realized I'm not getting pop-ups for completing daily tasks like brewing or using a potion, walking .25 km, etc.

So I viewed the page & confirm that no activity had been recorded today - even though I've opened at least one Portkey already. I haven't seen this bug in a while, so I'd gotten out of the habit of viewing the page first thing in the morning, to make sure it was working.

• AcsegiAcsegi Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #12106 September, 2020, 08:00 pm.

I too have had this issue, but it goes on for longer than just recently. It seems like the game has a 50/50 chance to start tracking your progress on the daily quests upon our first opening of the game each day. It requires you to physically open the log, scroll over to the daily page and then it’ll start working again. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the community/special assignments defaulting as the first page and not our daily page? It is for sure a bug, because I just logged in at 1 in the afternoon after walking around all day, opened a portkey, but no progress was tracked for my daily.