Daily Assignments - I often have to view my daily tasks in order to receive credit for them

Comments

• RendiggityRendiggity Posts: 1
    #6204 June, 2020, 04:32 pm.

I also JUST picked up an ingredient and was able to get that assignment for some reason. But I still am not seeing foundables, wizarding XP, potion brew and wizarding challenges being counted.

• Akela3MsAkela3Ms Posts: 0
    #6312 June, 2020, 02:54 am.

I just completed all of my daily tasks but when I went to claim the rewards it didn't give me credit for anything.

• DeNaeDeNae Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #6412 June, 2020, 02:08 pm.

I have caught several foundables and picked up several ingredients and they aren’t registering on my daily assignments. This has happened for two days. I’ve closed the app and restarted and they still aren’t showing up.

• WitchJuulWitchJuul Posts: 0
    #6513 June, 2020, 06:49 am.

What happened last night after 1:00 (Amsterdam-time). I picked up 2 viavia’s, caught al lot of gevondelingen, walked about 1,5 km with my dogs. 

All after 0:15 

This morning I picked up 1 ingredient and got the message that “pick 1 ingredients or viavia from the map”, while I got that message already last night. 

Now all my efforts are gone. 

Can you check and correct this?

• JaceAscendedJaceAscended Posts: 1
    #6615 June, 2020, 05:37 am.

This still happens to me. I started the app after midnight and got the daily treasures screen. I picked up some Snowdrop and collected the Potion that was done brewing. I didn't get credit for either in the daily assignments.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,709 mod
    #6716 June, 2020, 11:14 am.

@DeNae @WitchJuul I've merged your posts with a related thread. Our team is looking into this issue. As a workaround, please restart the app and visit/ view the Daily Assignments page before you start these tasks. Meanwhile, you may keep an eye on this thread for a status update on this issue.

• Heathurr22Heathurr22 Posts: 0
    #6825 June, 2020, 04:44 pm.

I have completed almost all the task for the daily assignment but it has not registered rhat I have done and completed the tasks.

#6926 June, 2020, 03:49 am.

Welcome to the Community @Heathurr22! I've merged your thread with a related discussion. Please have a look at our previous comments for a workaround. Thanks!

• LightmareLightmare Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #7001 July, 2020, 01:23 pm.

Hi all

don’t know if it’s my device or anything but has anyone experienced the daily assignment not logging progress automatically when first startup? I always need to physically click into the daily assignment tab to initiate logging. This issue happens quite often for me, I eagerly start my daily progress only to find that all my daily progress was not logged and need to start afresh.

device: iPhone 11, iOS 13.5.1

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #7102 July, 2020, 09:39 pm.

For a while now, the daily tasks don't calculate unless I swipe out of the app and open it again. But the specials and events DO load. So sometimes I assume the daily tasks is working fine 'cause I'm getting fragments in the event pages. It was pretty dismaying today to find that after a full day of walking and playing, I had NO daily tasks calculated.

• SamanthaWnchstrSamanthaWnchstr Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #7204 July, 2020, 01:29 am.

I have noticed the same issue. I have opened the game and started playing, picking up ingredients, returning foundables, etc. Then when I go to the Daily Task list, nothing has been recorded. I have an Android phone.

• staceynappistaceynappi Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #7304 July, 2020, 01:30 am.

The game is not counting the xp correctly in the challenge should have already been finnished

• ManadalaRocksManadalaRocks Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #7405 July, 2020, 07:49 pm.

I don’t understand that every time I report this bug that Niantic saysit was fixed in a previous version. I just spent an hour catching and knight bus with two trace tonics and brain potions catching yet not one task was marked complete on my daily tasks.

#7506 July, 2020, 03:51 pm.

Welcome to the Community @ManadalaRocks. Our team is investigating an issue where your activities may not register towards the Daily Assignments unless you have viewed it by visiting its page. As a workaround, please restart the app and visit the Daily Assignments page before you begin with your gameplay. We appreciate your patience!

• bobollybeebobollybee Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #7621 July, 2020, 04:30 pm.

I'm currently unable to open portkeys or complete daily challenges as the game doesn't track any of my walking!

I have been through all the troubleshooting, and I have allowed all permissions and the game is connected to my Google Fit. I've tried walking with the app open as well just in case it was an adventure sync issue, but even when the app is open my distances aren't logged. The game doesn't seem to have any issue pinning my GPS position on the map though which is weird.

This all started after the recent update so I'm not sure if it's got something to do with that? I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Wizards Unite and Google Fit several times and neither have fixed the issue.

(I've probably walked about 10km since I put those keys into the portkeys and they're still at 0km!)

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 717 admin
    #7721 July, 2020, 05:27 pm.

This is a known issue. Your daily tasks don't start progressing until you view the daily task list. Any fitness data that's made until you view your daily tasks won't get recorded.

• PoochiePantsPoochiePants Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #7824 July, 2020, 05:17 pm.

I'm having the same issue with Daily Tasks not recording, but opening and viewing the task list DOES NOT resolve the issue. Sometimes I have to force shut down the app and restart several times before daily tasks begin to record.

Android OnePlus 6T Current game version all assets downloaded.

• BilbohobbitBilbohobbit Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #7924 July, 2020, 07:55 pm.

Despite my port keys accruing my walking amount, the daily task walking is staying at zero. My phone has been switched to accumulate walking even when not playing the game.

edited July 2020 #8024 July, 2020, 08:09 pm.
  • DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #8125 July, 2020, 02:13 pm.

If I collect a brewed potion before looking at the daily assignments screen, the daily assignments list does not show that I have brewed a potion.

• LogrusLogrus Posts: 3
    #8225 July, 2020, 03:11 pm.

It's been like that for months, sorry but I don't expect to see that bug fixed anytime soon.

• BarefootTikiBarefootTiki Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #8325 July, 2020, 10:17 pm.

That’s still a crappy bug.

I have brewed potions, collected objects, used potions in fortresses, picked up objects, etc.

And yet didn’t get daily tasks credit

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #8426 July, 2020, 04:22 am.

I just make sure I check daily task before I do anything else that day.

• StrawberrywishStrawberrywish Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #8526 July, 2020, 09:04 pm.

Even after restarting the game, I am not getting credit for completing daily tasks. I brewed several options throughout several times of reopening the game, picked up many ingredients. However, some items are being logged, but not all of them. I also restarted my phone and cleared the cache. Version included as an image below.

I'm on an Android one plus 7 pro running oxygen 10.3.3.

• RaptorMonitorRaptorMonitor Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #8630 July, 2020, 12:25 pm.

Daily challenges not showing up! Picked up an ingredient on the map & completed a wizarding challenge... nothing 

• TCHarris5TCHarris5 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #8705 August, 2020, 05:54 am.

I've been playing for over an hour (after midnight) and no daily rewards are showing up. I've picked up ingredients, used potions, fought several fortress battles but have gotten nothing. No energy, scrolls, or anything. The traces haven't registered either.

• EaglesWEaglesW Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #8805 August, 2020, 05:13 pm.

Hi ,

Today I did receive my daily present from the game after initially starting it, however the actions I have done so far to complete the various daily tasks are not counted at all.

E.g I already collected way more than 10 foundable fragments, while none are counted. Neither is anything else counted (picked up an ingredient).

After having noticed this in the daily rewards status overview, now it *does* start counting.

Version 2.14.0, Android 10, Moto G6.

Regards,

Walter.

• BarefootTikiBarefootTiki Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #8906 August, 2020, 11:35 am.

Same thing happened to me today

#9006 August, 2020, 07:22 pm.

@EaglesW @BarefootTiki This is a known issue. Your daily tasks don't start progressing until you view the daily task list. Also, I've merged your thread with similar report.

• IordrielIordriel Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #9107 August, 2020, 01:16 pm.

For the second day, brewing a potion is not reflected in Daily tasks. I have seen in the past that my first potion of the day sometimes didn’t register, but a later one would. Now it just doesn’t acknowledge. Thanks