Game Update: 2.9.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 511 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 07 February, 2020, 05:08 am.

New Features/Updates:

Adventure Sync

• Coming soon: Adventure Sync in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite! When you choose to enable this feature, your distance walked will now be recorded for Portkey Portmanteaus, even if the app is not open.

Friends & Gifting

• You can now sort your friends alphabetically in ascending/descending order or sort friends that have sent you an unopened Gift.

Portkeys

• Updated Portkey rewards to include possible Spell Energy rewards when tapping Wrackspurts.
  • Refreshed Foundable Fragments which are available as possible rewards.
  • New Portkey icons will help you sort through your unlocked Portkeys! 2km Portkeys are displayed as a Boot, 5km Portkeys as a Tea Kettle, and 10km Portkeys as a Deflated Ball.

Portmanteau Vault

• Coming Soon: 2 Additional Portmanteau slots will be added to your vault, bringing the total amount of Portmanteaus you can pick up to 10 (These will not be available to fill until all players are on this latest app version.)

Bug Fixes:

Potions

• Fixed an issue with some players receiving an error when they attempted to collect a brewed Potion

Wizarding Challenges

• Fixed an issue with some players receiving an error message when attempting to enter a Wizarding Challenge
  • Fixed an issue with the number of players at a Chamber not updating immediately when other players join the same Chamber
Tagged:

Comments

• annanuannanu Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #228 January, 2020, 09:03 am.

Energy rewards when tapping Wrackspurts.

Seriously? I thought Energy rewards should have been an addition to the items received when we collect all five Wrackspurts. It is not worth waking 2K then get one energy from a Wrackspurt.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #328 January, 2020, 02:00 pm.

@HPWULola thanks for new features but I've some questions:

- New portkey rewards replaces old list or is in addition? I hope in addition because some foundables in old chart such as portrait of Dumbledore, The Veil, Pensieve, Pickett and Swooping Evil are so rare! If new list replaces completely old, hope you can increase spawn rate of those traces.

- Good idea dragon eggs but I'd like dragons too!😅 Without dragons we can't prestige any pages. Have you planned something?

Thanks

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #428 January, 2020, 02:23 pm.

Cool. 😊

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 53 ✭✭
    #528 January, 2020, 02:31 pm.

energy from Wrackspurt O.O"

.... oh please revert.

• GuscarbatoGuscarbato Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #628 January, 2020, 07:04 pm.

Any bug reported so far?

🤔

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 5
    #728 January, 2020, 07:19 pm.

Opened a 10k Portkey with a Buruffio and 1 of the wrackspurts gave me 1 energy.....just 1 😡, on a 10k!! Not impressed, and I gained a dragon egg which is absolutely pointless unless they release all dragons again 🤔

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    #828 January, 2020, 07:36 pm.

I opened a portkey last night and got the spell energy as three of the five rewards. I don't really need spell energy, but I guess it was better than getting common ingredients. It seems overall that portkeys just don't give you as good stuff as they did when the game was new. Does anyone else feel that way?

• MHafiqARMHafiqAR Posts: 13
    #929 January, 2020, 01:02 am.

Hi Community,

As everyone else, I was so eager with the new release update, and update it Automatically. However, the update seems unstable and cause me (most of the time) can't even start the turn on the game. For a record, it started with those sequence logo of logo (usual routine), but hang up there.. my screen goes dark n hang... I'm running on latest Android 10, with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.

There are sometimes, I managed to get it.. however, whenever I access task or what ever below button, the screen back to black n hang.. nothing happened. It is very frustrating for me.. as I can't complete my daily assignment n tasks.. even worse, the update release on last day of Brilliant Events..

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1029 January, 2020, 03:20 pm.

#HPWULOLA How do you link adventure sync? I tried via settings, nothing there, tried via in game settings, o thing there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1129 January, 2020, 08:15 pm.

Update has been working fine for me so far thank goodness.

Portkeys is cool seeing new icons etc...and i defo prefer energy to a common ingredient that I always seemed to get! Lol. I think ive got used to the fact that the portkey rewards aren't as good as they used to be @CeruleanGirl - that definitely seems true.

It used to be so exciting when u could get a few thousand xp if lucky, or a chunk of rare ingredients. So I've just stopped focusing on them I suppose as a way of earning any big rewards & i look to the events for that. I used to try and have at least 3 per day to open with baruffio going, but now it might be 3 per week, i just let them open whenever & don't push myself to do the kms.

Hopefully when adventure synch is in place il be opening more again & just get used to them being a little extra on the daily rewards just gotta keep telling myself 'marathon, not a sprint...marathon, not a sprint...' 😂

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1229 January, 2020, 11:50 pm.

@OmaLaurie may be a stupid question, but have you downloaded assets today? I didn't see anything until I downloaded today (after downloading assets yesterday for the update).

• ZephyfluxZephyflux Posts: 2
    #1330 January, 2020, 01:57 pm.

Port keys are not showing new icons

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 5
    #1430 January, 2020, 02:19 pm.

@Zephyflux they only show new icons when the distance have been completed and waiting to collect

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    #1530 January, 2020, 03:29 pm.

@Zephyflux I also thought that portkeys on the map would show with the different symbols but realize now that it is in our queue that they show up differently. Shucks! I would love to be able to select myself one 10km a week to open as I seem to mainly get 2 or 5’s. Oh well. At least when we open them we know what they are now.

• Stitcher07Stitcher07 Posts: 1
    #1630 January, 2020, 04:47 pm.

So I got adventure synch enabled on my iPhone but can’t on my iPad. Any help is appreciate. I did enable the device settings and also 8nstalled goggle fits. But when I try and toggle the track distance and location when app is not open the app doesn’t let me.

• SparkingPacesSparkingPaces Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1730 January, 2020, 06:29 pm.

I am not a fan of getting spell energy in portkeys. I can get spell energy pretty easily, it's things like unicorn tails that are only in portkeys that are hard to come by. Please just keep giving us potion ingredients instead.

#1830 January, 2020, 07:33 pm.

@Stitcher07 It appears to be a known issue. See here. I posted the update I saw in Discord on this thread:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/4940/known-issues-affecting-update-2-9-0#latest

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    #1930 January, 2020, 08:42 pm.
  • XenomerXenomer Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2031 January, 2020, 11:44 am.

Hi,

First, thanks for the updates. I appreciate your work. But have some notes.

• Thanks for the portkey images. But we still can't distinguish the portmanteaus before picking them up. Groups or people using a secondary (slave) phone/account can harvest 5 and 10k portkeys, while solo players can't. Is it possible to do something with this, please?
    • Ordering the friends list. Great thing with a little backlash: my character name starts with an X, so I started not getting gifts. I carefully track who I am gifting and how often, but average players don't. They just pick someone from their friends, or if none (solos like me) they pick someone from the top of the list. I already noticed people renaming their characters to A[something].
    • Adventure Sync. A feature again, that - without instructions - players need to figure out. I started a brand new 5k portkey at home. Closed the app. Went out running without the phone, with my Garmin Forerunner watch (generally accepted device in the world of athletes, it is a trusted source for Strava, Endomondo and other health sites.) I ran 5.8 km. Then I walked with the phone into the office, where I synced my watch with the cloud, with Google Fit and Wizards Unit. The result is:
    • * I have 0.9 km recorded on the portkey. Can you explain why and how?
    • * And I have 0.00km on the daily task list. I guess it is a bug. Or intended, but then we should have been told.

• It would be nice if we could have a detailed information, how this was designed to work. Especially the following scenario: I have 3 x 2km portmanteaus. I have the golden key in the first one. I walk 6km without the Wizards Unite app running. What would happen when I sync, then start the app? Would I be able to open all 3 portmanteaus, or just the first one? If the latter, how the designers designed this feature? We are expected to stop our activities after 2/5/10k to sync our devices to the phone? (Keep in mind, that non-tricky gamers will have 2k portmanteaus most of the time.)

Finally I'd like to say thanks for a few enchantements I noticed (even if they are in the game for a while)

• The warning when I'm getting out of a fortress zone
    • The optional notification about the new assets
    • The in-game notifications bout the upcoming events.

With regards.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1 #2201 February, 2020, 09:09 am.

Just want to share how much it sucked yesterday to open a 10k portkey on baruffio & get 3 out the 5 were spell energy 🤦🏼‍♀️

I'm not sure I'm a fan! I know tho some peolle really need SE & just cos I'm always at full means I shouldn't be complaining. But- I'm gonna anyway cos look.....

THERE WAS AN EMPTY PIC FRAME HERE IN RED WITH AN EXCLAMATION MARK IN A TRIANGLE

Lolz- it won't let me complain!!! Instant karma right there! 😂

Note to self- stop winging just cos your 10k was 11 SE, 4 dragonclaw & 312xp! Tsch! Be grateful for anything you get & quit your moanin!!! 😂

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭
    #2301 February, 2020, 09:17 am.

I am also not a fan of spell energy in portkeys. Surely now that we have energy in inns, grenhouses AND as gifts, there is no need to put it in portkeys, especially not 10k ones. Given how hard it is for some of us to walk the blasted things off, SE is disappointing. If we really need to increase SE, then have it appear on the map.

#2401 February, 2020, 04:54 pm.

I completely agree. At most, if they’re going to include spell energy in portkeys, only put it in the 2km ones. The 5 and 10 k’s should be higher xp and more rare ingredients!

#2501 February, 2020, 05:38 pm.

Agreed! The 5km and 10km portkeys are supposed to have better rewards. SE is NOT a better reward. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2702 February, 2020, 05:51 pm.

Please let us progress in our education. I am playing every single day, but with no experiential progress. The fact that professors need more books should not impede Aurors. There will always be players "behind". Those that started months after the game's beginning, those that play rarely, or those that live in a rural site, or those that play a solo game.

More powerful aurors will help their professor or magizoologist teammates earn their books.

Release more lesson plans, please.

#2803 February, 2020, 01:01 am.

So it seems to me that the spell energy is not very popular in the portkeys. And I naively thought spell energy was replacing the COMMON POTION INGREDIENTS that we got in portkeys. But nope. Today I opened a 2km one and got 10SE, 2 dittany, and some family XP. If I could request the HPWU team to kindly PLEASE remove from all portkeys any ingredients that we can find on the map from all portkeys. This is my personal wish. I would rather receive 10 SE then dittany or bubotuber any day of the week.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭
    #2904 February, 2020, 06:06 am.

have to say, the new set of portkey foundables (as compared to old set available before 2.9.0 update) is really terrible. 👎🏻

#3005 February, 2020, 01:47 am.

I present to you the worst portkey rewards ever:

#3105 February, 2020, 02:32 am.

Agreed @MrSciGuy thats pure rubbish!!