Portkey Portmanteau Issue

HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
edited January 28 in Archive #1 latest comment 16 April, 2020, 12:31 am.

Update: We've released a fix that we believe resolves the Portkey error. Please restart the app for the changes to take effect.

We are investigating an issue that occurs when players attempt to open a Portkey and receive a 'Connection Lost' error message. We are working on a fix and will update here.

Date/Time last update: 2020-01-27 5:30 PM PT

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
6 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Update: We've pushed a fix that we believe resolves the error that players get when opening a Portkey.

Comments

• StaangeStaange Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #227 January, 2020, 10:38 pm.

I cannot open my last two portkeys for the current event. When I try, one of them says "connection lost, check your wifi or data" and returns to the map. The second one just pretends to open and then just crashes back to the map.

• Kira350Kira350 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #327 January, 2020, 10:39 pm.

I'm having the same problem, so much for finishing my bonus assignment ☹️

• SNPseyHussleSNPseyHussle Posts: 1
    #427 January, 2020, 10:43 pm.

Same here and a friend as well. We have android phones, could that be the issue? How do we proceed? I want my **** 4 spellbooks

• CbethkeCbethke Posts: 1
    #527 January, 2020, 10:48 pm.

Same here, connection lost message & portkeys won't open. HELP!

• WondrWomn13WondrWomn13 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited January 27 #627 January, 2020, 11:01 pm.

It appears that most of us are probably working on the portkey tasks for the current Brilliant event. Any chance the event can be extended for a few days to give people the chance to open all of the portkey assignments?!

It would be most helpful considering 10 are needed for the Bonus assignments.

• DizzletheWizDizzletheWiz Posts: 1
    #727 January, 2020, 11:11 pm.

Has anyone officially responded to possibly extending the event, or getting back the brain elixir now wasted on the Portkeys not opening? Very frustrating indeed!

• CatQuinCatQuin Posts: 0
    #827 January, 2020, 11:25 pm.

I am on the bonus challenge of the event and no 3km portkeys will open. I click on them and get a “connection lost” message and it returns to the map screen. 2, 5, and 10 km portkeys work but only the 3 km ones won’t actually open (and it is not my connection as everything else in the app currently works). Meanwhile, new portmanteaus are appearing on the map and I am collecting them, but I can’t actually use a key on them as the 3km ones won’t clear from the queue.

• ashpagsashpags Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #927 January, 2020, 11:26 pm.

Glad it's not just me, but also frustrated that I won't be able to finish the portkey tasks unless this is fixed soon. An extension would be great!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    #1027 January, 2020, 11:30 pm.

Wow, i thought its my device problem. But the counter still go up every portkey unlock (still cant open it thou). Is this some temporary fix?

• shellybelle1981shellybelle1981 Posts: 2
    #1127 January, 2020, 11:33 pm.

Same here!!

• ArtsyAprilArtsyApril Posts: 2
    #1227 January, 2020, 11:36 pm.

Will you be extending the length of the debate if the issue isn't fixed??

• LaBruja22LaBruja22 Posts: 2
    #1327 January, 2020, 11:36 pm.

Same here too! Cannot finish the bonus event if the game does let me open my port keys!!

• Okie1216Okie1216 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 27 #1427 January, 2020, 11:41 pm.

Ditto! I have a google pixel 3 and I am experiencing the same issue (receive connection lost message). I have a full set of portkeys ready to be opened... With ONE more to pick up and finish for the Bonus Assignment. Looks like I won't be able to do it in time. And I need those spell books. 😭

• HeregulHeregul Posts: 1
    #1527 January, 2020, 11:41 pm.

I’m having the same issue on and iPhone and I’ve got all of my portkey slots full and opened and need to use them to get two more picked up, insert key and walk to clear the final task of the bonus. I also drank an elixir to boost XP and wasted that too. They really need to do something about this since everyone needs the red books.

• A2CKA2CK Posts: 1
    #1627 January, 2020, 11:44 pm.

Same here. Gradually, my slots are occupied with unopened portkeys...

• Scarecrow27Scarecrow27 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1727 January, 2020, 11:50 pm.

Same here. I just unlocked a briliant portkey but now I can't open it. I have all 8 slots full so I can't pick up the last 2 I need. Planned to walk more tonight to open the other 7 I have (I think 3 or 4 of those are also brilliant ports). I only have the 10 portkey unlock task to do and I will have completed the assignments and bonus assignments. I hope they extend the bonus time so we can still get credit...it's not our fault the brilliant 3k portkeys won't open...which also means they are taking up space we need to collect other portkeys to complete this task. Hope it gets fixed ASAP.

• MissGoodHopeMissGoodHope Posts: 1
    #1828 January, 2020, 12:08 am.

I also cannot enter all but one of my unlocked Portkeys after having activated a Brain Elixir for the purpose of doubling the Portkeys’ XP. I get the “Connection Lost. Check your wifi or mobile data.” I’ve tried different devices and receive the same error. I also tried restarting phones, app and toggling WiFi and location to no avail. Please fix this problem and refund the Brain Elixir. I also cannot complete the Special task unless this gets fixed.

• FreeElf515FreeElf515 Posts: 0
    #1928 January, 2020, 12:28 am.

It keeps saying I need to connect to WiFi or mobile data and will not open portkeys. I am connected to WiFi and Data but it still does not work. I’ve tried restarting game.

• Thunder2kThunder2k Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #2028 January, 2020, 12:49 am.

+1 Android 9.0. Don't care about an extension because I'm not wasting 10 good keys on that after just wasting 5 on Porkkeys that only give 600 XP WITH a Brain Elixor. Meanwhile I can't find a hair for any Extimulo Potion except the gray ones. I don't know what you guys were thinking. Maybe force people to buy keys? I almost passed on the whole event.

• WzrdBernadetteWzrdBernadette Posts: 2
    #2128 January, 2020, 12:50 am.

I am on the bonus challenge of the event and no 3km portkeys will open. I click on them and get a “connection lost” message and it returns to the map screen. 2 km portkeys work but only the 3 km ones won’t actually open (and it is not my connection as everything else in the app currently works). Meanwhile, new portmanteaus are appearing on the map and I am collecting them, but I can’t actually use a key on them as the 3km ones won’t clear from the queue. I also can not add new potions, the old ones will open and continue to brew. I’m on an iPhone 6 .

• DeadpoolPlayz9DeadpoolPlayz9 Posts: 1
    #2228 January, 2020, 12:59 am.

I all of a sudden lost two of the white dragon eggs I had been saving tonight with the update? Is there any chance of getting them back? Please let me know when you can

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    edited January 28 #2328 January, 2020, 01:15 am.

Hi everyone, we've released a fix to resolve the error you're getting when opening a Brilliant Portkey. Please restart the app for the changes to take effect.

@DeadpoolPlayz9 we're working out another issue with the additional 2 portkey slots. the dragon egg portkeys you saved should be restored once we sort out the issue

• Stlbluesfan1Stlbluesfan1 Posts: 1
    #2428 January, 2020, 01:38 am.

I am having the same issue. It is listed under k none problems and they do say that they have pushed a fix in an update but I don’t see any type of update available for my iPhone.

#2528 January, 2020, 01:51 am.

Looks like the portkeys are working now! An extension on the event would be nice, however.

• CSLynxCSLynx Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2628 January, 2020, 02:59 am.

This morning I was able to unlock and use four portmanteaus, however I only received credit for opening one. This is an issue as I am trying to unlock 10 by tomorrow to complete the special assignments and get the bonus rewards.

#2728 January, 2020, 04:06 am.

@HPWUrobert can you guys give us an extension on the current event?

• SariaTheGoldenSariaTheGolden Posts: 1
    #2828 January, 2020, 05:28 am.

Earlier this afternoon I received a notification that I had unlocked a 10km Portkey Portmanteau, but when I clicked on it, I wasn't able to click on any of the Wrackspurts. My phone locked up, and I got an error message that said there was an error with it, and after I restarted the game, it was gone. It was a 10km one and it appeared with what looked like a deflated soccer ball on the top. How can I get help to claim the items from this Portkey?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2928 January, 2020, 03:09 pm.

I am definitely glad I didn't waste silver keys on the bonus assignment. It wasn't worth the resource or risking my health. It is a shame this is the first event I haven't finished in its entirety though.

• CladicusCladicus Posts: 2
    #3028 January, 2020, 03:19 pm.

I agree, I think it is only fair that the brilliant event be extended, given how the portkey bug directly prevented many people from being able to complete the bonus assignment (and some people from even completing Task 3/4). Fixing the bug by the last day when the event ends at 11:00 AM PST doesn't help almost anyone since most people are at work or school during the day.

• ValleyBreeze16ValleyBreeze16 Posts: 3
    #3128 January, 2020, 07:50 pm.

The update seems to have worked for me, but the issue prevented me from completing the bonus tasks yesterday, wasting a BBE in the process. Is there any follow up coming for those who were stuck in the unfortunately timed bug?

This discussion has been closed.